The Enclave at Anthem Senior Living - Phoenix, AZ

The Truth

I am the caretaker and only child of my mother who is 94 years old. My mother is in the memory care section. Before you dismiss her, let me tell you that she has mild dementia and is lucid 80% of the time. I am very involved in making sure that the extremely expensive services that I pay for are carried out and performed on my mother.
[Name removed] has been in this facility for approximately 2 months. The services I have contracted to have performed are as follows: oral medication dispensed daily, Macular Degeneration and glaucoma eye drops given 4 multiple times thru out the day, and help with showering twice weekly setup for Tuesday and Friday's.
I always ask my mother if she is getting the care that is documented in the care plan. She has told me on more than one occasion that the showers have not been given to her. On Saturday, [date removed], I visited my mother and contacted a caregiver in the memory area. I had him log in to the software that the facility uses that document the daily service that needs to be performed on all the members of the memory care section. We slowly went backwards within the software to try and find out if my mother was getting the showers required. At that time we saw in the software that on Tuesday [name removed], a shower was not performed and NO entry was processed into the software. Proof of at least one shower not given since then. This let my mother go almost 5 to 6 days without a shower.

Roll forward now to Friday, August [date removed]. I contacted my mother and asked her if she received her shower today. This was at 4:00PM when I asked. She said NO that she has been waiting all day and even asked a caretaker to give her one and no one showed back up that day to perform the shower. I immediately contacted the staff at the enclave. I called and asked for the director of memory care, [name removed]. I was told she left for the day. I was then put thru to a salesman called [name removed]. Why a salesman....I have no idea!! I explained to him that my mother had not received the contracted shower for the day and I want to know why. He proceeded to contact someone in memory care. He then got back on the phone and told me my mother was already given a shower for the day and that my mother was now coming back from happy hour. I told him that I just spoke to my mother and that she had not attend so called "Happy Hour" and that she did NOT receive A SHOWER. Needless to say, I was getting very angry that I was being lied to. [Name removed] then put me thru to a caregiver named Krystal whom proceeded again to tell me a shower was given to my mother at noon time. The software showed where a caregiver named "[name removed]" gave to it her after lunch. Also, [name removed] decided to use the "memory card".....just like using the "race card" by telling me that my mother has memory issues and that she probably forgot about her shower being given to her. That comment put my blood pressure the roof! Yes, blame it on my mother!

So in all good detective work, I drove up to the enclave. I was greeted in memory care by a caregiver named "[name removed]". She immediately told me that she talked to my mother and was going to give my mother a shower after dinner that night. She also told me that a shower was not given to my mother even though the software had false statements saying the care was performed by this [name removed] person. [Name removed] also proceeded to tell me that she has caught [name removed] falsifying the logs on many occasions in the past. This [name removed], logged into the software, and falsely entered that she performed a shower for my mother. Upon entering my mother’s room, no wet towels or wet shower area was present. That shower area had not seen water in days. By falsifying the shower, this is a "theft of service" and "elder abuse". I contacted the MCSO sheriff on [date removed]. I filed a police report and a complaint against the Enclave. I signed a contract and I pay an exorbitant amount of money to have my mother cared for. Trust now has been broken and I now must find another facility to care for her. The MCSO report number is [removed].
[name removed] has stated to me that she has caught [name removed] falsifying services many times in the past. What other caregiver is cooking the books? What other services are being falsified...drugs not given, care not given. This is stealing at the very least! Are other families having the services not performed? This is a serious situation.

Like! They have a variety of services and a pool. Nice grounds.

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! We hope you have a great day!

Dan Carter Enclave @ Anthem- Contact Him- He Helps!!!

[name removed] at The Enclave is a phenomenal resource. [name removed] demonstrated a solid and experienced understanding of the senior living market in the valley. I cold-called him in a desperate and urgent effort to find accommodations for my Mother- who required a high level of care. [name removed] provided me everything I needed to evaluate and establish the perfect arrangement for my Mother. There was not a single question I had that [name removed] could not field and respond with valuable and relevant information. Thank You Dan Carter!!

A Great Place

We are very pleased with the care and services Mom is receiving at The Enclave in Anthem. Staff are friendly and caring, meals are nutritious and tasty, there are a variety of activities she can choose to do, and the environment is warm and clean. When there was a health issue on a Saturday the staff responded quickly to her and let me know soon after. We feel comfortable Mom is in a safe environment.

Happy at Enclave

My mother is visually impaired. The Enclave staff is so friendly and helpful. I felt very confident that my mother was in good hands. The residents of Enclave are also very friendly and inviting. It was easy for my mom to make friends quickly and feel at home. Even with her vision impairment, there are many activities she is able to enjoy. The food is delicious and the apartments a spacious and beautiful. The amenities are top notch.

Perfect choice

Amazing facility. Caring staff and friendly residents. The food is delicious and available any time 7am-7pm. Regular dining hours supplemented by weekly ice cream socials, bistro food 3 days a week, monthly dinner dance and more. Fun activities that bring the residents together and provide important socialization. Numerous clean and inviting common areas for residents and their families to congregate. Well-equipped modern clean units, each with their own washer and dryer and a full size refrigerator and stove (not that my parents ever cook. There is no need.)
The staff makes it a point to know each of the residents and greets them by name. The shuttle service is useful for trips to church, doctor, grocery, etc. Covered parking is included.

I'm glad I made the move here

I am very happy here at The Enclave at Anthem. I am so glad I made the move and I know I made the right decision. It is a very comfortable environment and there are enough activities to keep me busy. The staff members and residents are all friendly and helpful. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Enclave At Anthem --First Class

The Enclave is nothing but a first class community.
The staff, the residents, everyone is more than hospitable and professional. The residents work to include and introduce themselves when they see new residents move in. You can ask for a better place to live and be.

A good tour!

We had a good tour of The Enclave at Anthem Senior Living. The community was clean and well maintained. The people there were all very friendly and helpful, it was just not what we were looking for at the time.

Welcome to The Enclave at Anthem Senior Living, a luxurious senior living community in Anthem, Arizona, less than an hour north of Phoenix. Here you can enjoy a full lifestyle that balances activity, independence and personal assistance. The community offers 159 comfortable, maintenance-free apartments, along with luxurious amenities, chef-prepared meals, concierge services, transportation and enriching activities.