Brookdale Prescott - Prescott Valley, AZ

I had a great tour and liked what I saw,however, I don't think they have sufficient nursing staff. And they charge for ever thing. Some activity but not too much. Rooms are nice. I have not ruled out this place yet.

Some things are great, some things are not

My loved one is here currently and things aren’t going great. The staff, from what I understand, has been alright and they seem to love my loved one. Everyone I’ve talked to seems really nice as well. There have been issues with medication and [Removed], though. My loved one likes the people and seems to like the facility. Everything is kept pretty clean and from what I understand housekeeping comes by once a week. The food seems to be pretty decent and they have a lot of options to choose from. They have a few activities like games, bingo, they do exercises, and they also go out to the movies and things like that. I think they have outside activities, too. Some things are okay and some things are getting better, but I really have to stay on top of it to make anything happen. The nurses that are there have been great and I love them but the extra price we pay for anything medical is a lot and I think we’re over paying. The medical staff has been my real issue as most of them are not registered nurses or aids. I asked for help with something and the staff that was available at the time never made the attempt to help, but rather continued their conversation. Overall, I don’t know if I would recommend them.

I toured this community

On this tour the staff was friendly and helpful. They answered all of my questions. It was nice and clean in there. But there was a certain budget we were working with and it was way over that so we had to chose elsewhere.

Things Could Be Better

My sister really likes it here despite some major concerns we have. My sister from the first day she was there she met people and made friends and started doing activities they offered. Themaintenance staff is left to be desired it takes for 1 repair ticket which by the way is a minor thing 5 weeks to be done. There is only 1 housekeeper for the whole community so the cleaning is not being done properly.We are understanding she is told that she has to have a certain number of rooms done in a day but when you feel like you have to hire an outside company to come in and have it done properly there is something wrong. From what we can tell all the nursing staff has left there is no onsite nursing. Overall my sister likes the food once and awhile something won't be the greatest. I must say that there are quite a few residents here that have mentioned they have lived here a long time and they still enjoy it here.

Property Just Seemed To Click For Us

This is a very nice place. There is a very nice common area where residents and visitors can sit around the fireplace. The dining area is very spacious lots of windows for natural light to come in. The food is good but there could be more of a selection. The staff is always friendly and helpful. There is very good communication with the staff and family they are good about getting back to you. I would recommend this location to people.

Having challenges

Overall I love the community, caregivers, and the staffing here but we are in the middle of some challenges as far as my husbands care plan goes. I am finding it very difficult for the facility to sign off in regards to my husband not wanting to take the 7 blood pressure medicines and just to take the alternative medicine that he prefers. I have asked if there is some sort of assumed risk form or waiver to us to sign but they don't seem to be able to provide one.
In regards to housekeeping they need to pay more attention in the 4 weeks that my husband has been there I have had to remind them 3 out of 4 weeks to come and clean his room and when asked they simply say they forgot.
The facility does have limited activities and they do have a program for the staff to actually go and get the resident to get them engaged which by the way I pay extra for which I don't mind. The staff does go and get him but they don't attempt all the time to get him engaged in the activities.
The reason why I chose the community is having a patio was wonderful I love the caregivers and the food is wonderful and all those things I thought would be very important to my husband

Feels just like home!!

The staff have all been wonderful and have provided my mother with excellent quality of care. They made the transition for her easy and have provided her with a comfortable and safe living environment. I like that it feels just like home and everyone is so pleasant including the residents. They always give me feedback when I come to visit and make sure to keep in good communication with my family and I. Overall everything is great I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Friendly staff!

My loved one was perfectly satisfied with this facility. It was a comfortable place for my loved one to reside while in respite care. The staff was very friendly. We had a very pleasant experience with Brookdale Prescott!

It's a nice place for an independent person, but not for my mother who is totally dependent.

My good care

I just moved into this community. The staff are always very caring to my needs. I do like that they clean the conmunity very good. I know that they need to improve some of the meals that are served. I hope that they will serve more nurtitious meals. They offer alot of activities that I do wnjoy. I would recommend the care to others for the value.

new home

Very helpful staff. Nice facility. Great location. Comfortable rooms. Their available snacks should be improved. Very complete services including the supervision of medications. That service was more expensive than we had hoped although we don't know how it compares to other facilities. Overall, very pleased.

This community is a perfect match for his needs!!!

My brother loves the food at Brookdale Prescott. The staff are helpful and answer our questions. I would rate the staff a 6. They offer daily activities for the residents to enjoy. This community is clean and I would recommend it. I also want to thank A Place for Mom as I would not have found this community without them.

The community is clean and well taken care of!

My dad is having some issues with settling into Brookdale Prescott. The staff are friendly and work well with the family. His only complaint is the staff come in unannounced. My daughter and I have tried the food it is healthy and tastes good. They offer activities however he has not yet participated in any. I would recommend.

Nice, up-to-date amenities, friendly helpful staff

Good experience

This is a beautiful facility. The grounds and the facility are nice and kept in excellent condition. The staff is very nice and they take good care of the residents. There were a few minor issues with communication in the beginning, but overall this has been a good experience.

Beautiful Place

The place is just beautiful, the views are beautiful. It was definitely the best value out there that I could find. They seem to be a little understaffed though. Overall, my loved ones seem to be happy there.

Getting better

They have grown so fast. They are starting to smooth out.

Friendly

Everyone is very friendly. She is settling in nicely.

very happy

The experience with The Peridot has been very good. They answer questions readily and always return my calls. They did everything we asked and we are very happy with them.

Everything Has Been Good

The Peridot was recently bought out by Brookdale and they are in the process of making a few changes. Everything has been good. The food is good. The apartments are nice, and the grounds are lovely. I know all the caregivers by name, and they are really good at communicating with me any time there is something I need to be informed of.

The place looked nice, and the people were nice.

The place looked nice, and the people were nice. I think we came in with the head nurse looking to retire. The food couldn't even compare to a grade school cafeteria. They couldn't even get oatmeal right, it came out looking like a scoop of ice cream, so thick she would have to add lots of creamer just to make it edible. Most people would order hot dogs, most of the time. It was a little dirty, there was a bit of an aroma. I took her out, because she wasn't being taken care of, she wasn't getting her medication. The people were nice, but I don't think they were as trained as they were supposed to be. After we moved out, I had to speak with the regional Manager to get the financial end of things settled right.

Much better options exist, high employee turnover, short staffed especially at night (often no experienced caregivers on duty) mismanagement and residents have been victims of theft.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at The Peridot, it is a top notch place! The staff are all very friendly and very caring, and they do a great job watching out for the people who live here. The facility itself is clean and well maintained, and very attractive. I'd highly recommend them!

awesome

The people there were awesome. They were very respectful and good at helping my husband with everything he needed, and always treated him with the utmost respect.

The one area where I feel they could improve is with the food. The food is not that great, and is also not consistent.

One other thing: we were quoted one price and charged another price. It was a small difference, and they said they would refund it, but that has not happened yet.

Overall it was a very good experience.

BIG thumbs up!

Overall, the Paridot was excellent! BIG thumbs up!

Almost everyone was very friendly, caring, understanding, courteous, and helpful. When my husband called for assistance of any sort, someone came in a timely fashion and, for the most part, was very willing to help.

The place was very clean. The apartment my husband stayed in had a kitchen which was nice and clean also. The grounds are well maintained and there's a nice path around the facility.

Their food was inconsistent from meal to meal - it was hard to know what you would be getting: one day "pasta with meat sauce" might have sauce with bits of beef, the next it might have meat balls, and the next have chicken. It depended, apparently, on which chef was in the kitchen and what they had on hand. In general, however, the pasta dishes were better options than many of the other choices. Some of the food was quite good but other times meals were pretty much inedible.

The caregivers were very responsive to requests for assistance. When called for assistance it makes sense for them to not wait to be invited into a room (giving just a quick knock to let the person know they are there), but there were other times they would come to check on my husband or invite him to activities and enter the room without waiting to be invited. They would either knock and then walk in or sometimes not even knock at all. This happened once in the morning with a caretaker knocking and then walking in as my husband was still in bed. That was an irritation and invasion of privacy. Maybe they're not used to people who can hear knocks? The behavior here depended on the caregiver - some were always respectful of my husband's privacy even when busy, other were not as respectful.

Other long term residents told my husband how they had tried several similar facilities through the years and that this was bar none the best of the ones they had tried. Even with the negative items listed above, I do want to stress that the most important things, the work of the caregivers and other staff, the quality of the room, and the overall level of care was all excellent.

We'd definitely go back though! Highly recommend staying here for either respite care or long-term care.

Very nice facility, cost of...

Very nice facility, cost of move in was higher than most, but I would recommend.

Very nice place!

So far things have gone great at The Peridot! It's a very nice looking, clean community, and they've got a lot to provide for their residents. The people here, and everyone that we've worked with, have all been very friendly!

Great Start!

We moved Dad into The Peridot in Prescott, AZ just two days ago. So far, his experience has been great! The staff are all friendly and helpful. The place is clean and comfortable. The dining room is well lit, spacious, and the food is delicious. (I stayed for dinner last evening and it was very good.) Dad's apartment is large and well apportioned. He even has a large patio and storage unit. The costs are less than half the cost of the place he was in back in California, and less than the other places I checked out in this area. So far, very pleased.

Great facility, but very understaffed, leading to problems.

Lovely facility, very friendly staff, who made a last minute room available for us on a couple days notice, which we GREATLY appreciated. Downside is The Peridot is severely understaffed!! Even the manager and front desk and financial personnel are serving meals!! It takes a long time to get served, and food is usually cold when it comes.
Also, people do listen to your requests and concerns, but don't follow through, which appears to be because they are trying to do too much with too few staff.
Also we have had trouble getting a phone set up so the resident can make a long distance call from the room. I finally called the phone company on my relative's ( the resident) behalf, and they said there should be no problem getting her home phone transferred to her new room, but the Peridot has not gotten back to me to explain why that wasn't done in the first place.
There are also problems with food items: ie. My aunt is diabetic and there is no sugar substitute at all in the cafeteria. I understand one resident was served a grilled cheese sandwich with no cheese, as they were out of cheese... There are no sugar free juices and often no milk at breakfast.
I understand the facility is in the process of switching from an Emeritus group property to a different group. That may be part of the problem, It is too bad, as it has potential to be a great place to live, but is having problems right now.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry that your experience with our community isn’t meeting your expectations. We understand the importance of a warm, nutritious, filling meal for our seniors, and we apologize that the food is occasionally not to your standards. We often have our Executive Director and other members of our community work in the dining room as it is a great chance to socialize with all of our residents. We also have our Executive Director training our new staff members on dining service, and we do our best to serve our seniors quickly and efficiently. Regarding the resident who had ordered a grilled cheese sandwich, we have never run out of cheese for our residents, however, she was served a sandwich which had white cheese which may have been hard for her to see. We would never serve one of our residents grilled bread in place of a grilled cheese. We work diligently to ensure that we have sugar substitute on all the tables in our dining room for our residents to use as they please, as well as a sugar-free juices and milk readily available. Also, for the resident in respite care who would like her personal phone number transferred to the phone in her room, was informed that we cannot make that change for her as we are not allowed to make changes with her account. She will have to contact the phone company to have her services transferred to her room. If you have any further concerns regarding your experience with us at Peridot please contact our community management team.

Beautiful facility, clean, ...

Beautiful facility, clean, spacious, nice apartments, decent prices. Note that the more info tab on this listing goes to a page that incorrectly says that smoking is allowed in indoor public areas--Not so! No smoking allowed at this facility. (Good)

Very nice community

They've really been great here! All of the staff are very accommodating and caring, and everyone seems like they really love their job. The facility itself is very nice looking, and the community itself is just the right size. It's not big enough that getting lost is an issue, but still has a nice sized population for socializing. The pricing is also very fair compared to some of the communities we looked at.

Enjoying the Peridot

My mother has not been at the Peridot for a full week yet but she seems very happy. The staff is friendly and helpful. The meals have been very good. There are many activities to choose from. Her apartment is cute and cozy, with new carpet and paint. She has one bedroom and it is roomy enough to handle a bed, chest of drawers, bedside tables and a small chair and still have room to move about with the walker. Not all of the apartments have a view but Mom has an apartment with a little balcony and a lovely view. So far we are both very thankful to have found the Peridot.

The bathrooms weren't as user friendly as we needed.

They were clean and friendly. They all serve the big meal in the afternoon and then dinner is salad or something lite. The bathroom was not set up the best that it could be for people that had physical limitations. It was just very difficult for our loved one to maneuver in the bathroom.

Warm and friendly place

My wife spent 2-1/2 weeks here on a respite care stay. She seemed to enjoy her time here. The facility is very nice, bright, and airy. Food was always good. She seemed well cared for.

2 meals a day. Can get healthcare in ...

2 meals a day. Can get healthcare in any apt, so couple with differing levels can remain together

Love the atmoshere of the Peridot. Th...

Love the atmoshere of the Peridot. The residents were happy and seemed to enjoy each other and their environment. Ice on the sidewalk, north side of the building is a concern. Walls and doors on some of the wings where we did not tour appeared in need of paint or cleaning, carpeting (same wings) had debris next to walls in hallways. We can't say enough about Erin, she was a delight, very pleasant, understanding, caring, and knowledgable. This was our favorite place so far but the prices were quite a bit higher than noted in the information we received. We loved that people were out walking around, hanging out in different rooms, napping, watching TV, etc. The small patio w/storage off the living room was a definite plus as was the inclusion of medical alert system which was extra at the Alta Vista. Small 1 person salon. drs on Tuesday's and Thursdays. Shopping on Monday and Wednesday's. Half fridge and microwave. Health care in any appartment is a plus. Would want to tour the pet wing prior to making committment.

The Peridot is a place that considers customer satisfaction top priority. It is where retirement and assisted living blend life's joys with healthcare in beautiful Prescott, Arizona. The Peridot is conveniently located in a residential area, near Watson lake,Granite Dells, Goldwater Lake, local banks, and numerous specialty shops. In addition, several medical facilities are close by, including a Veterans Hospital.

Any resident who finds they are in need of some assistance with their medications or activities of daily living will remain in the comfort of their own apartment home. Our licensed nurses and caregivers will bring your healthcare to you, allowing even couples who have different health care needs to remain together in the same apartment while receiving different levels of care. A wonderful and caring team assists residents with errands, shopping, personal transportation, activities and appointments. The Peridot is hospitality-based with a healthcare license. Family, friends and pets are welcome.