Legacy at Grande'Vie and Village Wood - Penfield, NY

This looks to be a nice facility with caring staff and good staff/guest interaction. It is an older facility but in the process of cosmetic renovations as the guests turnover.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to review our community and for your positive feedback. We pride ourselves on a warm, friendly atmosphere and professional associates. It comes easily because our team truly loves what they do. Our building is definitely not new but we keep it as clean as a whistle and filled with vibrant programs and happy residents. Thanks for visiting; I hope we see you again soon. Sincerely, Erica Dietz, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Erica Dietz.

The hallways smell like pee, the places need all new updates. The workers are always on there phone or no where to be found. Its not work the money the food quality is on the low side of the scale. Every time I come in my parent doesn’t look presentable like they just throw something on her.

Watermark Ambassador

Please accept an invitation to join me for a tour and a coffee or dessert. I’ve had the privilege to serve as Executive Director for nearly three months and our standards are to present a welcoming, friendly, clean, good smelling positive place to live, work and visit. Please do feel free to call me at [removed] to visit or discuss. Sincerely, Erica Dietz, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Erica Dietz.

Deceived

The assisted living area was fine. The memory care side is horrible. My recommendation is STAY AWAY. My dad was there for only a few hours and fell three times. They are very understaffed . We were totally deceived by the care they they said he would get. They painted a pretty picture but is was actually ugly. Stay away from memory care side.

Watermark Ambassador

Resident and family satisfaction is our goal and priority and I apologize we didn’t meet your expectations. I have shared your review with the team for training and coaching. I would sincerely appreciate a call or visit to discuss your experience and learn more. Thank you for helping us improve. Sincerely, Lidija Gonzalez, Associate Executive Director Lidija Gonzalez, Associate Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Lidija Gonzalez.

We never got to talk to the original person our tour was suppose to be with. She handed us over to someone else. That person was very nice, but I don't think she was really prepared. She had to hand us off to someone else at one point so she could take a call. They had to intrude on someone that lives there to show us a room. It was all very unorganised and unprofessional. My parents and I were not impressed.

great place to live

My mother has lived at the grand vie for 6 months. She loves it there. The staff is very kind and she loves the people she sits with at her diner table. I am very happy to see her loving life there.

Needs upgrading!!

I have visited many places in the area to find extended care facility for my 90 year old mom who recently fell. The staff was marvelous, but upon the tour of grand vie we noticed dirty carpets, dreary rooms, and did not find the facility homey.

Happy Home

Grande Vie has always provided my mother with the best care. After three years of living at the community in confident we made the best choice for her. Quick resolution of problems or concerns has been the feedback I've gotten from my two brothers as well. Over all, it's a great place. I can sleep at night knowing mom is safe with the caring and competent staff.

Caring House

We are very happy with our mothers placement at Grande Vie. When our mother could no longer live at home after our father passed away because of her memory issues, grande vie was able to provide outstanding dementia care. Caring house has been our saving grace and we are pleased with the community and the caring staff.

UNSAFE - SUBPAR - DREARY

Our mom was accepted by the Resident Relations Representative at Grandevie Penfield as a long-term care resident after being discharged from a hospitalization and resulting rehab stay for bone repair surgery from a previous fall. She was discharged from rehab and accepted by Grandevie's Resident Relations Representative as a 1-assist resident who needs constant supervision while ambulating. After living at Grandevie for about 18 hours, we got a call that mom had fallen again and she was the way to the hospital with a hip injury. She returned back to Grandevie after her hospitalization and rehab stay about 3 weeks later. After being back for less than 48 hours we got another call from Grandevie that she had fallen and was on the way to the hospital in an ambulance. After imaging studies and observation, she was sent back to Grandevie the following day. Three days later, mom fell for a 3rd time and required hospitalization, surgery and a 4th rehab stay. While at Grandevie she was hospitalized 3 times for 3 falls in less than 1 month. We moved her out.

poor care across the board

My parent was in the Grand Vie for a few months, I found the staff to be uncaring, the nursing staff quite condescending and the food terrible. We went with this facility as a quick placement post hospitalization and moved her out as soon as possible. No one seemed to want to help the residents and the weekend and night staff was dreadful

Don't even bother!

This place is horrible. I wouldn't put someone I hate in this place. The activities are horrible. They do the same thing day in and day out. All the residents complain about the activites and the food. It just got a major renovation done by the Legacy's and let me just say that this man, Mr. [Removed], has no idea what he is doing with an assisted living facility. He primarily owns Indepent Living and is trying to run the facility as such.

Beware of rising costs of living at this facility. They raise the rates every year and never increase staff or food costs. All they do is raise the rent to line the already fat pockets of the owners.

The staff that actually cares is great, especially Mavis [Removed]. She is the only one at the facility who even knows what she is doing. But other than that you get a low quality, ghetto aides because they pay the girls here so little. Barely minimum wage with maandatory over time happening on a daily basis. The aides are over worked and under paid.

The administrator is a solid piece of work. She is consistently rude to visitors, and staff alike. She barely makes contact with the residents and makes sure the front desk staff knows not to let them bother her. She frequently attends bars with the upper staff and comes to the facility boozed up for extra-cirricular events that they rarely ever have.

The administrator, resident care director, and head of maintenance are all buddy/buddy. They recently had staff members complain about racial and sexual harrassment occuring during work hours, and did nothing about it.

Talk to any of the residents and you'll hear the truth, this place is horrible and none of them want to live there when there are a million better options in the area!

Getting much needed remodel

They're doing an update, the legacy purchased the GrandeVie and it definitely needed a facelift. It was dark and more of a depressing atmosphere but they're doing a good job with the remodel. Maybe because of it they weren't really responsive to our needs, they were tearing bedrooms down and maybe just didn't need our business.

We are a licensed adult care community serving Rochester-area seniors. GrandeVie offers a range of professional services to meet the ever evolving needs of seniors so that as your loved one ages and those needs change, their address doesn't have to.Our campus is located in the heart of Penfield, New York, and features 246 beds in a multi-level facility, offering a continuum of care from Independent Living Apartments right through Transitional Care and everything in between. We have recently been approved by the New York State Department of Health to offer services that allow us to provide a level of care normally only found in skilled nursing homes.