Baywinde Senior Living - Webster, NY

We liked Baywinde very much. Probably our top choice. Lots to do, high quality food, and well-kept facilities. [Name removed] was so helpful, especially when talking to us about Aid and Attendance from the VA.

First choice...great rooms..lovely facility..waiting on opening..

Independent Living with a lot of Help and Caring!

Everyone has been really helpful with my uncle's recent move to Baywinde; so caring and friendly!

[Removed] has been especially helpful with paperwork to apply for VA assistance and explaining the entire process to him. He's lived in the same house for over 50 years so this was a huge transition for him. With everyone's help, advice and followup, he's not only moved in but upgraded to a bigger room in just a few months!

He's still as independent as ever, but it's very reassuring to know that they are there for him 24/7!

SLC Midwest

Julie, thank you for taking the time to share your review of our community. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your uncle is enjoying his home here with us!

This is a very nice community. My aunt is slowly adjusting to being here. She is starting to make new friends. The staff is great here very nice and personable. She likes the food, for the most part, there are some things that they serve that she may not like but overall she is enjoying it. The housekeeping is done very well no complaints. We would recommend this community

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback. We would love to hear any additional thoughts you have on how we can create a five star experience. Please feel free to contact us directly at our community phone number!

Is Familar With The Area

Mom knew a little about the community going into the tour but once we had sat down with the marketing person and went through all the information she knew it was the right choice for her. Mom loves living her she is very busy doing the activities and going to social events. She has made tons of friends on top of the people that she already knows there. She raves about how good the food is and I have eaten dinner there and I will support her in saying the food is excellent. The staff is great they are friendly and kind very helpful and attentive. I must say being there it makes you feel like your at home and the location is perfect my mom is familiar with the area its close to family and friends.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I met with [Removed] a wonderful warm, caring representative for the facility, It was a well maintained property bright, spotless, tastefully decorated. Her information was a valuable asset in selecting a Respite Care for my Dad. Respite is only offered for 30 days no short term at $7,000 $200 a day plus hands on care expenses. The facility is beautiful friendly and provides many activities good meals and care. The cost of for a month stay was not currently in the budget. [Removed] offered other options for my Dad's need. In the interim the VA Medical Center called me with a 2 week Respite for my Dad within the next week. God worked it all out for a win-win. [Removed]

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our community; we appreciate your feedback!

Villa are nice, but for me the rest of the community is nursing home edgy. [Removed] is amazing though!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Castle Pointe at Baywinde did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we address your concerns, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at [removed]. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Great programs for memory care and liked the living format. Thought the separate areas looked like they worked well.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your feedback; we appreciate your input!

Parents are Doing Well at this Community

It has been a good experience for us so far at this community. My parents are doing well, and we are satisfied with their move here. The staff is great, they are very responsive, and work with us regarding any of our concerns. They are great with keeping us inform of any updates about my parents. I know they are providing my parents with great care overall. My mother is pleased with meals. The community is well-kept. Their room is nice, and has a lot of space. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for my family.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your review and for your recommendation of our community! We appreciate your confidence in us and are so pleased that your parents are enjoying their home here.

Disheartened

It's that time of year for another 6% increase to the monthly rental amount. Everyone goes to dinner with such a worried look. They are upset about how they will afford the rent increase. Do not go here unless you can afford the yearly increases. We have to move our mom because it has become much too costly. Let's remember there is no nursing staff at all. How can these people be so heartless and just care about the profit.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you have not had a better experience at our community. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. Please contact our executive director, Frances McMullen at [removed], to share any additional feedback you many have and how we can improve the quality of our services going forward. Thank you again for your time.

Always a grain of doubt

Some days, seniors need a little extra help - after an illness, injury or procedure, and I am always made to feel that asking for a little extra attention is a big imposition to the staff. Sometimes, they also seem so rushed, and things my Mom needs done are done rather poorly. Maybe they need more staff? We pay A LOT of money for her to live there. Mom doesn't like the food, and the meal times are very regimented. It's hard to make an 89 year old change their way of eating and if you don't match their tight schedule, you are out of luck. Mom barely avails herself of the food she if forced to pay for. She is comfortable, but care and caring is not individualized for such a steep sum.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you have not had a better experience at Castle Pointe. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. Please contact our executive director at our community phone line to share any additional feedback you many have and how we can improve the quality of our services going forward. Thank you again for your time.

My loved one loves it at Baywinde!!

Since moving in my loved one has made a lot of friends and enjoys the trips they take. My daughter and I have tried the food and it is as good as some restaurants. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Resident Service

My aunt has been at Baywinde for almost one year, utilizing both Castle Pointe and Sage Harbor. I want to take this opportunity to recognize all staff for their commitment and true dedication to the residents. Every interaction, whether management or staff, has always been pleasant and they are very responsive to meeting the needs of their residents. The facilities and grounds are well taken care of. Thanks to all for your efforts and focus on resident service!

The leadership team and staff work well together in the interest of residents.

The staff work as a team to ensure a good experience for all residents. Nicely done!

First review prior to moving in

Move in date on contract didn't not agree with actual move in date (over 2 weeks later)
Other than getting lists for moving services and home health aides, there is no real move in assistants
Always a nice visit since people are genuinely happy there (residents and workers)

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your feedback, as it is an important way for us to ensure that we evaluate the way we are providing services. It is always our top priority to deliver the best quality of services and care for our residents. We were disappointed to learn that you have not had a better experience. Please feel free to contact, Tiffany Taylor, Executive Director, at the community to discuss further.

They have been very good.

They have been very good. We don't have any major concerns or complaints so far. I would give them a five at this point.

Good facility and lots of activities for both assisted living and memory care. Staffing at night in memory care unit seemed a little low. No enhanced license, so not an option at this time.

First experience with changes for a parent.

Baywinde is a very welcoming community that is evident from the moment you walk through the doors or up the walk.
It is bright and clean and the grounds are beautiful.
Everyone was very helpful in getting my mother settled and acclimated to the new environment. They were also very sensitive to the fact that mom was coming from living independently in her own home to a totally new environment.

Excellent facility and staff

Awesome facility, extremely helpful staff.

haven't had any issues

I really haven't had any issues at Baywinde Senior Living. So far we have had really good luck. The housekeeping has been great there. My parents are really pleased with the meals that are provided. The staff has really worked with them and helped them transition into living at this facility. They are independent so they have not needing nursing care at this point so I cant really speak to that. Overall everything is going great so far.

They should get a gold medal and a purple heart.

They should get a gold medal and a purple heart. The people here are wonderful. I would recommend them to anyone. They were competitive in price compared to the others we looked at. With everything they provide and all the services, it was worth every penny.

Beautiful, friendly, and safe community

Every step of the way, the people at Baywinde were friendly, welcoming and helpful in our process of moving Mom to her new apartment. Baywinde is a very beautiful, clean and safe community. Mom is now able to get involved in social activities and remain independent in her own place.

Baywinde Review

My family looked at several places for Mom. One reason we chose Baywinde is because they allowed Mom to bring her cat. This was very important to her. We also liked the special memory care area. There are a lot of different activities so Mom was busy throughout the day, not just sitting in her room watching t.v. The meals are nutritious and delicious. We feel good knowing She is safe and happy.

A smooth transition

We were very impressed with not only the professionalism but the compassion of the staff. They worked with us to make a very smooth transition of my mother-in-law from her home to assisted living. They were very generous in letting our family come in with her for lunch so she could see what the facility looked like before even moving in. Since we were from out of town, they were extremely accommodating with getting all the paper work done as quickly as possible. The director of this facility is wonderful and I am sure will continue these excellent standards!

Very Impressed

I called a number of places to set up visits- Baywinde was the only one I was able to get someone on the phone. The staff set up a visit quickly due to limited time for me. Dawn, the Sales Counselor answered everything, including questions I didn't know I had. As a potential client, we look to you to tell us what we need to know. My mom then came for a visit and immediately felt good about the connection there. Dawn, the Sales Counselor knew every resident as we passed and remembered so much about my mom and I. I was impressed. I would recommend Baywinde!

Five Star for sure

It's been two months since my mother-in-law transitioned to Baywinde (Independent Living) in Webster, New York. We never thought she would have adjusted as quickly as she did. Mary is 94 years old and had lived in her home for nearly 50 years. Unfortunately her home was multi level and we were concerned about her going up and down stairs.
From day one the staff at Baywinde has been fabulous. They have been there for us as well as Mary. We can't thank them enough. For the first time in years we don't worry about her constantly.
The atmosphere is unsurpassable. The facility has the appearance of a Resort. Very bright and cheery. Her apartment is lovely. A true "home". On a final note....the food is second to none. Five Star for sure !!!!

Wonderful Facilities

Wonderful facilities. Terrific, caring staff. So helpful with all the preparation to moving our dad here. I would definetely recommend Baywinde.

Sage Harbor showed well, all features...

Sage Harbor showed well, all features and services of the facility were discussed. Staff were very knowledgable and attentive. Very nice facility and I would recommend to others.

Independent, assisted livin...

Independent, assisted living and memory care. Doors are alarmed but facility not equipped for memory care if patient wanders or becomes combative. Pros: very close to YMCA. Can move from assisted to memory care

It's a nice place and locat...

It's a nice place and location is ideal but Stacy felt that we didn't quit fit due to D's needs.

Beautiful but cold

I did not like them at all. I thought it was icy cold out there, I thought it was clean, it was a beautiful place, it was much more expensive, it would have almost been double the money and what he had the money for he would have had to do the apartment thing so they wouldn't have been able to watch what he was eating.

SLC East

We are pleased that you felt Castle Point was a beautiful place but are disappointed that overall you were not more satisfied. We try our best to provide quality services and care at a monthly rate that is affordable. While we do our best to work with your budget unfortunately we recognize that we are unable to accommodate everyone. Ultimately we hope that you were able to find a quality option within your price range. Please feel free to contact Tiffany as we would welcome any feedback on how we could improve the overall quality of our product and services. Please feel free to reach Tiffany at [removed] or at [removed]. Thanks!

Quick action

When the apartment my parents wanted became available they planned a "normal" three week move from their home to Baywinde. However, Mom suffered a stroke and became hospitalized. The need to move my 93 year old father "immediately" became paramount. The staff accelerated the preparation of my parents apartment resulting in a quick and timely move. As a result, while my mother was recovering from her stroke in the hospital, my father had access to the many services and excellent staff resources at Baywinde.

Good Place

My mother was there for just two weeks. During the second week they had a stomach bug going around and they had to do a shut in where everybody stayed in their rooms. They were served their meals in their rooms too. My mother never really had a chance to get involved or participate. It wasn't your normal respite stay. The cleanliness seemed to be very good and they staff was friendly. All in all everything that they did was fine. I thought it was a beautiful place. I thought it was a good place to be, just under our circumsances it was difficult. My mother was in a negative frame of mind.

A Wonderful World

The young people who serve us in the dining room are terrific- and the chefs call me by name and if I happen to mention a dish I have enjoyed in teh past it might appear on the next week's menu. So much kindness!

The Housekeeping staff- always so friendly- cheerful and helpful- I love them all. The maintenance staff- what would we do without them- and all the rest of the staff- From those who man the front desk right up to the top directors- each one so kind and caring.

I am 97 and a half and I feel safe here with so many special people watching over me. Each day I have the privilege of spending a quiet, restful day in my apartment or coming out to enjoy some of the activities planned for us. Ceramics class on Tuesdays- what a joy! Cindy's craft and cooking classes- always fun- she is so kind adn helpful. The sweet treats on Sunday in the Soda Shop, the beautiful music of the Bayinde chorus, the fun and fellowship at Thursday's Happy Hour with entertainment and refreshments. Several games to choose from, the Walking Club, the special bus trips- sometimes for lunch- sometimes for shopping- the list goes on and on.

Very joyful setting

The staff is dressed informal, but its a young staff and they have a middle aged person supervising them, but they seem to be doing alright. I've had a few issues but very minor ones liek we don't see too much in the laundry basket, they wash it once a week but it seems a couple times we saw her wearing the same clothes for 4 days; shes kind of stubborn so they probably listened to her, but little by little I'm working with that. They're totally receptive and accomodating. They take her out to lunch more than she did at the other place, they take them in the garden, there's always something going on, either someone reading a book to them or a musician. She loves it and that was part of the thing, she eats 3 meals a day, they feed her too good.
It's a secured unit, it's a part of their assisted living, but its a memory unit and its a secured area.

Experience gracious living at Baywinde Senior Living Community and you will find the lifestyle you have been searching for.

Baywinde is a vibrant, beautiful senior living community located in the Webster/Penfield area. The community is made up of 212 units that include 14 patio homes, 120 independent apartments, 78 licensed assisted living apartments and a special neighborhood for early to mid-stage Alzheimer's care residents.

Baywinde offers outstanding service and quality of life. Our focus on warmth, fun, friendships and old-fashioned, know-your-name service brings retirees from all over. Our beautifully landscaped grounds will delight you, as will the abounding natural light that fills the interiors of our stunning community!