The Landing of Brighton - Rochester, NY

The Landing of Brighton is located across from Buckland Park in the Town of Brighton New York. We are just minutes from shopping, restaurants, medical facilities and cultural venues. This vibrant residence will feature a salon and barber shop, ample shared living spaces and a fitness center for physical therapy. And without the worries of transportation, housekeeping and snow removal, residents enjoy an active, more independent lifestyle. Each month brings more than 200 social, educational and cultural opportunities tailored to our residents’ personal interests.

Our thoughtfully designed community offers a range of senior living services to ensure a comfortable, confident lifestyle for our residents. Our independent living option enables our residents to connect with peers and enjoy an active lifestyle. In addition, we provide discreet 24-hour assistance with day-to-day care needs, as well as innovative, personalized memory care for those living with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia – all backed by the industry-leading quality standards of Atria Senior Living.

People are living longer. At The Landing of Brighton, we’re helping them
live better.

Outside care

we toured this community and like the staff who were able to answer the questions we had. They would not allow additional care to come in. The community was clean and they had activities. We would highly recommend the care of this community to others.

Nice Community Overall

I had a nice tour of this facility. The staff I met was friendly, and nice. The community was well-kept, everything looked good. Everything went well overall. Our only issue was the room they showed us. It was to small for my parents. Unfortunately it was the right fit for us, but my tour went well.

A very good facility

I found the staff to be knowledgeable and caring. It's a lovely environment with responsive staff. My family member has been there for about a month and a half so I'm not ready to give an excellent rating yet.

At this point though, I would certainly recommend The Landing to others.

Modern convenience one bedroom has ample closets and just enough kitchen countertop for a single person. Walk-in shower has built-in seat. Service is determined before move-in by two evaluations and accommodation priced a-la-cart per resident. Memory care unit was not shown to us, but discussed where and what happens inside the closed doors. Property is only a couple years old.

Seems to be a great match!

My mother seems to be adjusting well in her new space at The Landing. The selection of rooms they offer is much more affordable than other memory care communities we looked at in the area. We chose a smaller room for my mother. She was overwhelmed with at her previous apartment and seems more comfortable with her more compact room.

Friendly Staff!

I have no complaints about the tour I had for my mother at this community. The staff where very friendly and made sure to give my loved one and I a detailed tour of there very well maintained facility. They had an open floor plan with lots of great amenities for all of the residents to enjoy. It just ended up not being the right location in the end decision for my mom.

Excellent facility, staff seemed very friendly, people seemed very welcoming. Liked the location, especially liked the rooms as they seem more like apartments than the other facilities. Very nice! Loved the kitchen being available whenever instead of set meal times and also liked that people could sit anywhere. Thank you for the cheese tort!

excellent in all areas.

The Landing of Brighton is a lovely community!!!

This community is a little pricier than the community we choose. The location was harder to get to. The staff were nice and the community is clean. The rooms were a little smaller. If mom had the means we would have chosen this community.

New member

My Mom has only been there a couple of wks. It doesn't seem that her room gets cleaned on a regular basis. She has dusted herself . Bathroom could use cleaning also.
Food appears very good. Great variety and choices.
Staff is super friendly in general. People not so friendly. Very hard for my mother to get into group or to meet new people.
Again,it has only been 2weeks,so I am sure a lot is the newness and a lot of things we have not experienced or seen. Think in another month the review will be differen

Nearly perfect!

Experienced some communication issues with getting mom on a shower schedule. Not a big deal.
The main issues we are concerned about are:
Heaters in rooms are noisy making it difficult to sleep at night.
Heaters blow out cold air when they turn on which is discomforting to mom when she is already cold and under blankets. Perhaps the air could be directed up and away from her.
One of the staff members is rude and insistent that mom get up and walk when she is incapable of doing so on certain days. The aid stated she would not push mom to the dining room. I spoke to Paula and Joanna about this.
The cups and glasses in the dining room are often dirty with coffee stains, lip stick and food particles.
The hallways and (sometimes) dining room are cold, not just to mom, but to me when I visit her and wheel her to the dining room.

Kate Vance

Hi, Jerry. Thanks for letting me know how we can make your mom more comfortable and about your frustrations. I've shared your comments with our community leadership and we will improve your experience. Please feel free to share more with me directly at [removed].

Turned out well

I helped a friend locate this community, and from the sounds of things it is going well and he is very happy with it!

Really on top of things!

They do a great job at The Landing of Brighton! The staff here is friendly, professional, and they really seem to be on top of everything. I appreciate how everyone will stop to say hello when I visit! It's a very nice place, overall.

This is a great facility if the resident does not require a lot of hands on care.

overall great place

The facility sounded terrific when we were being sold on it...however...adjustment period was a bit rough because of a lack of coordination between some employees there...however it did work out...the client is now happy and active in group activities. .so if having problems in the beginning just hang will get better!

absolutely wonderful

The Landing is absolutely wonderful. He is doing great. They could orient the family when they are new about some of the rules about laundry, what they can bring in their room, etc. I was kind of lost in the beginning. I really wish they would provide a list of all these details. In the beginning I was confused about medications. They never said what time they were giving them. They could have been more informative. My mother had a big cyst on her back and wasn't sure how they would handle that. They got home care in there. I didn't know how to go about doing that. Overall it has been good, I just wish they would provide more information in the beginning.

Food Needs Improvement

The head nurse is very good and goes above and beyond the call of duty. They could improve the quality of the food though, and make it more for people who have dietary needs, like a heart-healthy diet.

Katy Miller

Thanks for your review. We always welcome input on ways to enhance the culinary experiences for our dining room guests. We’ll share this with our leadership team and invite you to send any other feedback to [removed].

The Landing is a place where we envisioned our Mother living.

The Landing is very clean and well organized. Everyone who works there is friendly,helpful and pleasant. Staff who had not met my mother yet, addressed her by her name in the dining area. She did not have a name tag. They check on her if they don't see her in the dining room. They were all very helpful during the process of settling her in. My sister and I could not be any happier with the Landing. It is what we envisioned for our mother. My mother comments frequently how nice everyone is-staff and residents.

A good choice

I found The Landing to be the breath of fresh air of assisted living communities in this area. I am moving my folks to Rochester NY from Naples FL. The retirement industry is VERY competitive in Florida. Everything is big, new, and "cutting edge" or "state of the art". I was very concerned that I would find NOTHING that met my expectations.

The Landing is lovely. It is clean. New. SMELLS GOOD. And the staff extremely welcoming, friendly and they feel like family. The Sales Director, Paula, was well informed, educational and easy to talk to. I also had the opportunity to meet and sit with the Relations and Business directors and they were equally impressive and easygoing.

The decor is classy and conservative; sure to appeal to most all residents. The rooms are well appointed, sizable and immaculate. The entire place just feels polished.

For those of you who know what it feels like to "place" your loved ones; precious cargo...into the hands of strangers in an unknown residence, for those of you who know how really uncomfortable that assured, The Landing will feel as at ease as you can be.

Landing of brighton

Beautiful, clean, high quality food. They are were very supportive when we first moved our father in which we appreciated. We would have liked more consistent follow up from them the first few weeks giving us updated on how he was doing. At times it felt like we were chasing them around to try to find out.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review. Valuable feedback from our family members helps us to improve the services we provide, so if you'd like to share more with us, please reach out to [removed].

I was impressed with the place.

I looked around here when looking for options to present to my parents. I was impressed with the place. They are very friendly. It was what I had hoped for.

The place is wonderful!

The place is wonderful! They love the landing. We don't have any complaints with them at all. It's clean and the staff is friendly.

This is the nicest place that we have seen

This is the nicest place that we have seen throughout our senior living search. The staff was very friendly and the property was well kept. I did not get to see much of the activities because it was just built and they are still developing them. I did get to see what they had planned for activities, and I would say that they were great. There is always something planned everyday. They have excellent care services. Overall, I would rate this place a 5. We loved it!

We just moved our mom here 9/2014 to ...

We just moved our mom here 9/2014 to the memory care unit. The place is beautiful with lots of open spaces. The staff is so patient and caring. Everything is new, with nice comfortable couches, chairs, tables, big TV's in lounge areas all around. Beautifully appointed dining areas, and the meals are amazing. The chef is very friendly and the special every night is different, along with regular items on the menu like chicken french and homemade pasta with fresh spinach.

There are a lot of activities in the memory care unit each day, and the residents are encouraged to participate in each one. The staff is very attentive and genuinely seem to enjoy what they are doing here.