Atria Penfield - Penfield, NY

Thank you. This is very nice and everyone was helpful. I think I would like more space.I will think about it. [Name removed] was very nice.
thanks
[name removed]

Amazing but....

Facility is amazing but difficult for food allergies and finance department is disorganized.

Rooms nice..currently available ..did tour...second choice

I love my Dad, but he can be quit difficult. Atria knows exactly how to handle him. We went from receiving numerous calls a day from him to having to call him to check up on him. He has made friends, is involved in social activities and is eating better than he has in a long time! Thank you Atria! Wonderful job!

Would have been my 1st choice

This assisted living community was wonderful and the director did a really great job showing me around, she took her time, answered my questions and we had lunch together there. The rooms were very nice, the community was clean and spacious, and if my mom could have lived in an assisted living environment this community would have been my first choice for her. But she did need a memory care setting. I would definitely recommend coming for a tour at this community.

Wonderful Staff!

Things are going really well for mom at the Atria Penfield. The staff is very kind and friendly. They go out of their way to know the residents and what their needs are and make them feel comfortable. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The staff and the residents are very welcoming. I have even made new friends there myself. The food is excellent. I have dined there with my mom and there is a good variety of healthy choices. And if you don't like what is on the main menu there are other options to choose from. You would never go away hungry. They also have a Bistro room that has cookies, coffee, sandwiches available throughout the day. enjoy the staff they learn what the resident s They offer a variety of activities for the residents. My mom really enjoys going to the in-house salon to get her hair done. I would highly recommend this community to others.

Fantastic

The food is great and the activities are phenomenal. The community is very nice and they have a lot of common areas for the residents. The staff are fantastic. I would recommend this community.

We have been very pleased w/ all aspects of our experience w/ Atria Penfield!

no thank you like a nursing home

Kate Vance

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us some feedback. If you’d like to tell me more about your experience, please feel free to reach out to me directly at [removed].

Spent hours and had lunch with [Removed] at Atria Penfield. She knew the struggle I have ahead to get my mother ready for this move. This could be the perfect place from Mom, but what do I do when she needs help that they can't provide? Plenty of activities, great shared courtyards, and sitting spaces around the entire facility. Can't find anything to complain about really. Delicious food and friendly people.

Worth taking a look at

We were able to try the food when we visited and it was good. The people we met were nice and knowledgable. The community seemed clean. This community did not offer an apartment for one person. The closest they had was a room with a shower. We did not think our loved one would be comfortable here.

Very nice facility, staff all very friendly. Location a little outside of where we'd like to be however, not out of the possibilities. Thank you for the pumpkin cheesecakse - awesome!

A GREAT AND PEACEFUL FIND

My Mom is very happy at Atria in Penfield. She stayed at another assisted living and was not pleased and depressed. Since moving her to Atria she looks and feels great. She loves the food, the way it's prepared and the people preparing it. Having cooked every meal her whole life from scratch, the food is the most important and she is very happy. She loves the friendly staff, all the residents, the cleanliness, the activities and the great attitudes of everyone.

Highly Recommend This Community

This is a fantastic community, and my father and is doing very well. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. I would highly recommend this community, it has worked out very well for us. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing him with. He is safe and in good hands at this community.

Perfect Place

I was very impressed with this community. We absolutely loved it. My brother did need more care then they were able to provide for him so we had to move him somewhere else. Our experiences in this community are wonderful. I was very impressed with the way the place looks, it is a spotless facility. They provide transportation for the residents when they need to go somewhere. The chef here is amazing and the food is excellent. I would move here if I had the choice when I get older. This is a wonderful community with amazing people is why I would recommend it.

Things are going okay

Things are going okay at Atria Penfield. So far, I do not have any problems or complaints with the facility or the staff. I have had a pretty good experience with the place so far.

Blessing

Life changing

Very nice looking place, also very expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also very expensive and a little far from the area we were looking in. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Placement of my Mother

My mom has been at the Atria Penfield, New York for three weeks and she has enjoyed every minute. Activities are continuously filling her day and she has interfaced with other residents very nicely. The care has been great!! I must give an enormous amount of credit to Jeff LaGoy, an employee of A Place for Mom. Jeff was a true professional from beginning to end in the placement of my mother. He answered all questions and recommended some outstanding assisted living facilities here in the Monroe County area. Jeff provided valuable insight relative to The Atria Penfield in terms of costs and benefits. I can honestly say that without Jeff's assistance this placement and subsequent transition of my mother would have been more difficult.

beautiful place, but...

We really loved the place a lot in general. Our only issue was that towards the end my father fell out of his bed and had to be taken to the hospital. After taken there we went back a short while later to his room to gather his belongings and found that [removed]. The room had been cleaned and there were people coming in and out of there, and someone in the process took the [removed] and walked away with it. That was disappointing and I think they could have handled the situation better when we raised it to their attention.

Other than that it is a very nice place. The home is beautiful.

my review

The building needs to be upgraded. Ice hanging from everywhere. ceilings are leaking. some of the residents need more help in the dining area. Staff is very friendly and helpful to my mom.

Atria @ Penfield is by far the best senior living home

Atria @ Penfield is by far the best senior living home I have seen since I have been taking care of my Grandmother, Father, Mother-in-law and Mother. One of the biggest issues I have seen is the homes being understaffed. This is not the case @ Atria there is sufficient staff.
The staff has been so supportive and caring to my Mother and our family. They have made my Mom very comfortable and have made sure that is very well taken care in a respectful manner.
The staff really does pay attention to the individual needs of each person. As hard as it is to make the decision to move someone you love I felt very comfortable knowing my Mom will be well taken care of @ Atria.

Friendly

I would say my brother has acclimated very well there and we haven't had any issues. Everyone is friendly and he seems to like it.

You may disagree with admin. on your level of need for extra cost services (A.D.L., Meds. distrib.). Admin. opinion prevails.

Nice place

Overall we're pleased with the service they provide at Atria Penfield. Mom is having a hard time adjusting, but the staff are all very friendly and caring, and doing the best they can to help her get settled in. I do wish the residents here had a bit more private space, the rooms are generally just a private bedroom and bathroom.

I enjoyed touring Atria, an...

I enjoyed touring Atria, and found everything to be safe, clean, pleasant, and very welcoming.

Overall a nice place

My loved one stayed here for a brief time, and except for one specific problem they were a nice place overall. The facility was clean, the staff were friendly, and the services they provided all seemed good. However, my loved one had some specific dietary requests and they were not willing to work with her on those, and we had to find somewhere more accommodating in that aspect.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your lovely review of your experience with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our community overall except for the specific dietary complications you mentioned. I am sorry we could not accommodate that need for your family member and we would like to hear more about what those were so that we may improve going forward if possible. Please email us at [removed], including “Atria Penfield” in your subject line, if you feel we can be of further service to your family. We are here to help and wish you the best!

Finally a place to call home.

After checking out and visiting quite a few assisted living communities and finding out that the waiting list is long and when some of the money runs out your out. After finding out that these communities monthly rent is a per person. I was frustrated. My parents income was limited. Savings was limited. At atria they worked with me and them to make it happen. And they my parents won't have to move again. Atria personnel was and is very nice,polite, and very helpful. Most of them will go out of their way to make your day better. I would recommend this community for sure.

Average age 84. High percen...

Average age 84. High percentage of males (34%). Some rooms with shower, some without. A LA carte services. Not equipped for patients who wander, cannot feed themselves or become combative. Average rate increase is 2.5% Pros: catholic church across the street, man cave with record player pool table and darts

Not Perfect But Good With A Very Caring Staff

My dad has been living at Atria since the summer. I can't say enough good things about the aides there. They are pleasant, friendly, helpful. The majority of the people that work there are great.....including the dining room staff, medical technicians, maintenance, cleaning staff and the receptionists at the front desk.

Any complaints I have are with the administration and the nurse. I'm really not happy with the nurse there. I know others feel the same way. She's not very friendly and acts annoyed and unhelpful when approached much of the time. I don't like the situation but since she has very little actual contact with the residents, and the aides are so wonderful (and they are the ones who have the most contact with the residents) I am willing to overlook it.

One of the drawbacks to the place, and maybe that's typical of all assisted living facilities, is that there really is no nursing care available for the residents, and no doctor that comes periodically. If you think your loved one is going to be in a place where their medical needs are taken care of, you would be wrong. But like I said, I think that's pretty typical for most assisted living facilities.

They have good concerts for the residents on a weekly basis. There is also a range of activities though it seems that only women go to them. It would be great if they could figure out some activities to get the men more involved.

One thing you should know (they don't tell you upfront) is that every year the fee automatically goes up several hundred dollars.

It's not perfect, but there are a lot of good things about Atria......and since, in my opinion, good care is the most important thing, I do recommend Atria Penfield.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We always love hearing from our families as they can provide valuable insight as to how we can constantly improve. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors to make sure Atria’s high standards are being met. I am sorry for your unhappiness with the nurse and rate increase communication. If you would like to discuss these matters further or have suggestions for activities that will be more engaging for our male residents, we welcome the opportunity to connect! Please email us directly at [removed] including “Atria Penfield” in your subject line.

She loves it there!

She loves it there! I think they are doing well. They treat her well the aids are good. She's eating well. It's like a restaurant you sit down and order off the menu, and if you don't like it you can send it back. If she falls or something there is no medical staff, they don't have a doctor onsite. When I speak with other residents they say they are treated very well there.

Mom Seems to be happy.

Mom seems to be happy. There is a little push button, if she needs help. They were good and reasonable and very helpful and close to home. I have nothing negative to say.

Initially we had a lot of problems getting her in there with the paperwork.

Initially we had a lot of problems getting her in there with the paperwork. Then we've had a lot of problems with heat in her room sometimes it's not working, though I am told it is being fixed now. The food is excellent. Certainly the administrative part could use some improvement. They progressive disclosure everytime I turned around it's something else to be done. They do have a lot of dementia patients and especially in the dining room that can complicate things. They could maybe have some separated dining.

Kate Vance

We value feedback from our visitors and families as we take great care and concern in providing the safest possible home for those who choose to live here. I am happy to hear of your excellent dining experience and hope that the concerns you expressed in your review have been addressed. If we can answer any questions, or if you ever have a concern that you would like to share, please let us know in person or via email at [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Would like more activities

I really love it but there's a few faults. My dad loves it there but he's bored, he's 98 and very good mentally, but he would like more card games and things like that, they don't do enough as far as I'm concerned. They have game nights but they just put the board games on the table and expect people to come down to them.
I think it's very neat, he has had some money stolen, but that's going to happen anywhere you go and it's his fault. I told him to put it in an account someplace and sure enough it was gone. I think it's super clean, the meals are delicious, I do like the fact that they have a doctor on call there, she has been unavailable since he's been there because they were training, but we have a meet and greet next week. They found some early congestive heart failure, but it would be nice, if they found something, to have a doctor on call because in the bad winter, when you're 98, getting dressed and going out is difficult. The transportation is wonderful and Randy would take him anywhere but it would be a hardship on him.
He did like the fact that they would guarantee him that if he ran out of money, because they don't take medicaid, that they would let him stay there on what he brings in. Right now I'm thinking he'll live another 7 years and at that stage of the game, if he really does have a problem with finances it wouldn't be a problem having him there on what he takes in; so that's a huge peace of mind.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback. Our community calendar includes more than 200 engaging events, activities, and adventures each month based on our residents’ interests. We always welcome suggestions from those who chose to live with us and their families as we arrange new activities. I would like to address your concern regarding the money your father was missing. Any time a report of wrongdoing is brought to our attention, we thoroughly investigate and take the appropriate measures necessary to ensure that the incident does not happen again. We value our residents’ privacy and we do not tolerate anyone tampering with their belongings. Please contact us by calling our community directly at [removed] or via email at [removed] so that we can discuss this issue further (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Atria Experiences

Very Friendly, caring, informative and sincere regarding their facility, experiences, and obligations to the caring of their residents.

Not as visually appealing as others

They were very good, very responsive, I don't think the rooms were as nice and for her to get in here she would have had to share a room. I didn't really like the surroundings but they food and the people were very nice, but they were much more need than where she is now and aesthitically it wasn't as pleasing.

LaDawn K.

I’m glad to hear that you found our staff to be pleasant the last time you visited our community. I apologize for your experience with our building, and I welcome your suggestions. We are always striving to provide a welcoming atmosphere for our residents and visitors, and we appreciate any feedback we receive. If we can ever be of assistance to you, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. And please feel free to drop by again anytime!

Dirty and Smelly with Lots of Pets

It was kind of dirty and smelly so my dad and I were both pretty turned off by that. It was more expensive and a lot of the rooms didn't have a full bath, just a powder room and you had to go down the hall to take a shower. I though for the cost you should at least have a shower in your room.

This might be a good thing for some people but at Atria we saw a lot of people coming out with their dogs and cats. My brother is allergic to cats so if my mother went there he wouldn't be able to visit her. Again, that could be a good thing for some people.

It was just dingy and smelly, especially after seeing one that was so clean and bright.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that your first impression of our community was unpleasant. Please be assured that your review will be shared with the appropriate staff to make sure that there are no unpleasant odors and that our community is immaculate at all times as expected. I would like to provide further details on your concern regarding the lack of showers in apartment bathrooms. Twenty of our apartments do have personal showers and our other residents use bathing rooms. We find that our families like the safety of the bathing rooms and feel more comfortable knowing the resident will not attempt to shower on their own and risk a fall. In addition, the apartments that utilize the bathing rooms are also closest to the dining room and the hub of the community. If you have any further questions or concerns that we may be able to assist with, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Very friendly, engaging atm...

Very friendly, engaging atmosphere. Rooms are only studios though, they say designed to get people out doing things. Assisted Living only.

No independent living

This place had smaller apartments and was more expensive than other facilities I had seen. When I called they suggested they offered independent living options, but they only really offer assisted living. Assisted living requires more care services which is why Atria Penfield is more expensive than the independent care facilities I was comparing them to. If you are looking for independent living, this is not the place to go.

LaDawn K.

Your feedback on our community is appreciated. Although most of our residents need some level of assistance, we do have some independent residents, as well. They enjoy the dining options and engaging activities that are included in the monthly rent. We hope that you will visit us again soon, and please let us know if we can answer any questions. You can call us directly at [removed] or email [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

been twice, really interested, but no...

been twice, really interested, but no private shower, visited 3rd time.

LaDawn K.

I know that it has been a while since you last visited our community, and I wanted to follow up to make sure that all of your questions were addressed. You had expressed concern about the lack of private showers. We do have about 15 apartments that do have showers, and the other apartments have powder rooms only, as those residents benefit most from the safety of a shower room. We hope that your most recent experience with us has been otherwise positive, and we look forward to answering any questions you may have in the future. We can be reached at [removed] or [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Nice- chef was involved, Mom didn't l...

Nice- chef was involved, Mom didn't like the rooms as much

At Atria Penfield, you’ll find a beautiful park-like setting with five courtyards and a fountain-side gazebo. Relax outside, take a brisk exercise walk, or savor our restaurant-style dining that reflects local tastes and seasonal variety. Located in historic Penfield, just minutes from downtown Rochester, Atria Penfield provides a small-town ambiance with all the convenience of the city.