Grand Victorian of Sycamore - Sycamore, IL

Toured

We liked this community when we toured it. The people we met were nice and the community looked clean. This community was just a little farther away then what we were looking for. I would recommend taking a look at it.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review and your recommendation of our community; we are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us!

Comfort for mom!

My mother is doing well since her move into Grand Victorian of sycamore. She has started to join activities and get more involved. They could use some improvement on meals, though. They serve sandwiches for dinner, I think they could do better. The facility is clean and well maintained. Housekeeping cleans her room once a week.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with your concerns; our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our residents and your input will help us achieve that goal.

Couldn't Be Happier!!

I highly recommend the Grand Victorian of Sycamore to a friend because it is an amazing place to live in. The staff is wonderful. The community is maintained very clean at all times and anytime I have an issue in my room that needs to be fixed, they are quick to respond, tom the head of maintenance is great. They told me that soon they will be putting new carpet in all of the rooms which is wonderful. The meals are good, could be better. My favorite part of the meals is breakfast, they let us order whatever we want. The community offers a variety of activities such as crafts, bowling on the Wii, and a pool table in the activity room. They also have a library which is a great addition. The room I am in is a good size, I have my own bathroom that is handy cap accessible, my own fridge, plenty of cupboards and my own coffee maker. I am very happy living in this community.

Was very impressed with this location. Would be a good fit for my Mom. FYI - they did not have our 10:00 appointment down, but Kim I believe) was very helpful and did a great job and was very informative.

Awesome, but no memory care for Dad

Awesome, Mom liked it, Dad did not because it was assisted living. Dad did not give it a chance. He does not want to be closed. But no memory wing, Dad has Alzheimer's.

Very good supportive living facility.

This facility is very well maintained. The facilities are attractive and the faculty there are friendly. In my opnion this facility is more of an independent living facility. when fulll ther are only about CNA per 25 residents. If you have a loved one that needs a lot of care I would not recemend the GV. Again the VG is god at what it is designed to do. Be sure of the level of care needed and then visit the GV.

Review of Grand Victoria

The Management/staff is friendly and responsive to your needs. The facility is clean and offers many social activities and events. It appears to be secure and safe.

Janice is absolutely wonder...

Janice is absolutely wonderful! She is going to meet my mom at Bethany Rehab to get to know her better. She is also going to set up a day for the bus from Grand Victorian to pick my mom up and bring her there to have lunch and check out some of the residents and activities. They also have a special running on moving in(it ends the end of the year), but there is no doubt that my mom would love it there.

Love the area, no way to af...

Love the area, no way to afford it

Beautiful place. Caring staff. Happ...

Beautiful place. Caring staff. Happy residents. Very reasonably priced.

The Grand Victorian of Sycamore is located in the county seat of DeKalb County, an ideal community in the heart of some of America’s most productive farmland. Tree-lined streets and stately 19th century architecture offer picturesque small-town surroundings and a comfortable lifestyle. Incorporated in 1858, Sycamore is the embodiment of classic rural mid-America, known for its landmark county courthouse, central business district and historic Victorian homes, all surrounded by vast fields of corn. A modern hospital is located at the edge of town.

After more than a decade of solid experience as a residential community, The Grand Victorian is recognized as a leader in state-of-the-art senior services. Guided by dedicated staff and management, such a level of competence places The Grand Victorian at the forefront of quality care for older adults who require assisted living services or who are blessed with a level of health that allows independent living. Over the years, residents and their families have come to hold high expectations of The Grand Victorian and we delight in exceeding them. Our bottom line is the total satisfaction of our residents and their kin. Our knowledge, experience and unparalleled dedication are your assurance that needs will be met and superlative care will be rendered.

Residents find an easy and comfortable lifestyle at The Grand Victorian, underscored by the absence of long hallways. The warm, friendly atmosphere is accentuated by sitting areas strategically located near groups of apartments providing residents with convenient settings for relaxing with neighbors. Just a short stroll from these well appointed social areas, our elegant dining room beckons for three sumptuously prepared meals served restaurant-style every day.