Grace Assisted Living - Boise, ID

Nice facility but rooms too small so not a fit.

Nice facility but more expensive

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my brother. The rooms here are a little smaller than some of the older facilities nearby. The community itself looked very nice but it was a lot more expensive. The person who gave us the tour, [Removed], was nice. She talked a lot and seemed to be very knowledgeable. I would recommend this community to other families.

Loved It

We toured this community while looking for places for my dad. I absolutely loved it, and thought it would be an excellent community. It was beautiful, not too fancy, and the staff was helpful. However, dad had the ultimate decision, and he chose another community that better fit his tastes.

Staff have been great!!

My father has recently moved into this community and so far we are pleased with how things are going for him. The staff are very attentive to his needs and always seem to have lots of compassion for all of the residents. He has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in some of the activities they have available. Overall it has been a huge relieve to my family and I with him being here and I know he is being well taken care of as well as safe.

Beautiful Home!!

I have no complaints about how my tour went of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. It was just not the right fit for my mother due to the budget we had.

They Were Not What We Preferred

There was nothing wrong when my husband had the tour. Everything was suitable accept he preferred another community over them. He felt the staff treated their role as just workers and not as a profession.

Care and Comfort

I like this community for the care that is given by the staff. We liked that they are patient and caring. The community is clean and maintained. We were happy with the menu that does enjoy. We would recommend this community for the care and the good value for other families.

Tour for family living

I toured this community for care. The staff was nice and helpful to our needs. The community is very clean and maintained. They have activities for the residents to participate in. I would highly recommend this community to other families.

Not what we were looking for..

When we toured Grace Assisted Living, we realized that they had the Independent living and assisted living together. They weren't separate. It was a nice place and everyone was friendly and helpful, but it was not what we were looking for.

My first impression was "Wow, What a nice place." Very modern, clean and updated. Loved the patio doors off of each apt, some with access to gardens of the courtyard. (My father is a smoker so he will want to sit outside on occasion.) The only staff member I met was Vanessa, the administrator... Professional and pleasant. A big plus is that Grace is locally owned. The owner is an RN and was actually on site the day I visited. I've toured 4 facilities so far and Grace is the one I'll recommend to my father.

The food on the weekends is not as good!!

The staff are really nice as they know him by name, joke with him and seem to be real caring. They are very helpful with the family and they are ready to answer any questions we have. The community is bright and smells good. The outside is nice with a garden and lots of birds around. My dad plays bingo and likes to help the other residents. I would recommend this community.

Grace Assisted Living is a nice place to stay!!!

I enjoy living at Grace Assisted living. The staff are very friendly and they are there if I need them as well as they are very attentive to the residents. I am not really a joiner. I have not yet participated in any of the activities however, they do have a variety of activities at this community. The food is good and they have a lot of choices. The community is very clean and I am able to enjoy the grounds. I would recommend this community.

New Facility. Very Clean. Centrally located.

The Grace is a new facility. It's very clean, the staff very friendly and the food is excellent. They are centrally and conveniently located just off the freeway. Just down the street from the mall. Very Convenient and things to do nearby. We are happy with the services at the Grace.

Gracious Comfort

The amenities are gracious and comfortable. The staff are helpful, courteous and a joy to be around. I am with hospice and my team says the administration is ideal in working with them. The staff is quick to meet my needs and the needs of others. We have assigned seating for lunch and dinner. They pay a great deal of attention to who they place where so that each person gets the very best from their dining experience. All in all, 3 I feel welcome and comfortable and enjoy everything they have to offer from trips to the store to arts and crafts. I am so glad I chose Grace assisted living. Their name says it all.

Not completely happy

Walking into Grace Assisted Living you'd be pleased. The location is great. The building is nice. Unfortunately i don't feel that the staff is completely attentive. My loved one suffers from dementia but comes and goes as he pleases and there's no code for the door which is very surprising to me. I cannot say that I'd recommend this community.

Whirlwind tour with a happy ending

We had to find an assisted living facility for my in-laws in a hurry when my father-in-law was being released from a sub-acute care facility weeks ahead of schedule after a below-the-knee amputation - and days before Christmas.

We contacted A Place For Mom on Friday night, received a call from one of their advisers Saturday morning, scheduled and performed 4 visits plus an additional one to a fifth facility that we fit in between the others, took my mother-in-law to another new facility and two we had reviewed on Sunday, and selected a facility on Sunday afternoon so we could schedule the nurse assessment on Monday and start the paperwork as he was being transferred on Wednesday.

We were very impressed with the cleanliness, friendly staff, wide hallways and doorways, large bathrooms (he is now in a wheelchair), and bright atmosphere at Grace. My wife's mom used to be an RN, and has bad memories of "nursing homes" as warehouses for old people.

They have only been there a week, but they love the food (a big part of the satisfaction for the residents) and things are going very well so far.

Towards the end, her mom decided that one of the main selection criteria was that they each had their own bedroom. Only a couple of the facilities had 2 bedroom suites, which cut down on the options, but even before we found out they wanted two bedrooms Grace was at the top of our list.

Of all the facilites we saw in our whirlwind weekend tour, the two bedroom suite at Grace was very compelling as it was larger and looked more like a 2-bedroom apartment than any of the other rooms we saw.

Attentive staff

There were some communication issues in the beginning, but now everything is fine. The staff has been very attentive and accommodating with us and we are appreciative. The facility is always spotless and the food is good.

A Place of No Worry for Family

Almost two years ago, we moved our aunt, now age 96, to Grace Assisted Living from another facility. Not only did she save 1400 a month, but she also increased her services and help twice or three times over. Her trash pick-up, her healthy snacks, her oxygen checks occur 3 times a day. I never have to worry about her in her room alone, sick or in need and no one even knows. The staff are wonderful as well as the management. I love going over there!! Everyone knows who i am and who my family member is. I can say to any staff member, I love you! and they say that right back to me. Very loving environment. The management is always there available to answer any question i have, eagerly. They will be more than glad to help with anything! The best decision i ever made was to look into Grace. Even my aunt is much happier there and always is thankful. She feels cared for and watch ed over. The building is spotless and the food is great. This is owned by a family of registered nurses and that detailed care shows. One night, the night staff, while checking her room, noticed her oxygen machine had stopped working, and within a very short period of time, had Norco bring a new one. They are super!!

So far so good

So far so good at Grace Assisted Living. There are some things that I am not wild about at this facility but those things are being worked on. They have good food and she does get good attention.

A Super Job

It was really nice. I think they did a really super job with everything. They were very nice to the family and they were very accommodating. There is not anything negative to say, I think they did a wonderful job and they were great and worked with us really well.

This was the nicest place with the friendliest people..

The Grace Assisted Living was really clean. This was the nicest place with the friendliest people. I would rate the friendliness 200 stars. If I could live there at my age, I would. The administrator and staff went out of their way to accommodate and make my parents happy. I would absolutely recommend the Grace Assisted Living to anyone. It was a great experience. I was very pleased with all of the services.

Good once they staff is going

They promise us bridge and that still hasn't happened but I guess they can't really help it that only 3 of us want to play Bridge. They're good once you get them going with something but need follow through because they're slow to get moving.

They are wonderful.

They are wonderful. They have been very gracious, they really live up to their name. They are really good. If people don't work out, they let them go right away. I am really impressed with Grace at this point, from what I see so far, and I have had lots of experience.

6 Stars

Very happy Facility.

Not what I expected

I came into this facility to visit a friend and was not pleased with the experience. The activities on the board were below the 5 required a day and no one was out doing anything the whole time I was there. The place was large and very beautiful but was not as personal as I think my friend would like. They do have some great staff but overall I left disappointed.

Looked nice, but was not impressed by the staff

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. When we arrived for the tour the community manager apparently did not have time, so they had another gentleman give us the tour. It was not a very good experience, he mostly talked and did not want to listen or answer questions. He kept going on about the activities the community had, which I kept telling him would not be something our loved one was interested in. The place looked nice, but the tour left a lot to be desired.

I Can't Say Enough Good Things!

To start, the staff are all incredible! They are knowledgable about state law compliance as well as the level of care each resident needs. The owners are a family of nurses, and it shows in the level of care they provide. They don't charge you extra if all you need is your medication brought to you in the morning. They are incredibly accomodating! They come and check on her 3 times a day, and pick up her trash, check her oxygen, tell her when meals are starting, and even bring snacks (and by snacks, I mean eggs, toast, fruit, cheese, etc)! Everytime I walk in, the staff immediately know who I am and who my aunt is! They are always smiling and giving hugs. My aunt really feels like they care about her here!

The community is clean and everything is spotless! Even the apartments are! There's no smell of urine or anything! The community itself is built to accomodate seniors. The common areas are all grouped together, and are equal distances from each hallway. The walk-in showers have pull-down chairs, and the rooms have locked drawers for valuables.

They were accomodating when we put down our deposit, and allowed us to move our belongings in before my aunt even moved in with no extra charge. Also, if the residents ever need to move to a higher level of care, they help move the belongings for you.

I can't say enough good things about Grace. Their Christian background provides an atmosphere of a caring and loving spirit, and if you're interested, it is worth waiting for an opening!

Very Accomodating

The value and the price of Grace's is very good. They could improve on their food, as well as their consistency and timeliness with delivering medication. Other than that, they are really good at meeting the residents' needs, by things such as delivering their mail or doing all of their laundry, which is included in the price. They provide snacks in the morning and afternoon, and are very accomodating!

This facility seemed to be ...

This facility seemed to be very nice. We didn't see many of the residents. The one bedroom apartment seemed to be workable. The bathroom was especially nice. The little kitchen area is very nice. Comparing the costs. I do not know yet if they will bill long term care directly. I would like to speak to references. Someone had told me that this one was not good but I do not know why. It houses about 90 residents which is a nice size. We do not yet know the ratio of men to women. Their bed would need to be in the living space and use the bedroom for the sitting area.

Grace Assisted Living is is a very w...

Grace Assisted Living is is a very warm, welcoming community. All the resident I have encountered seem very happy.
The staff is friendly and very much visible, including the director.
The range of activities and outings are fantastic.
The common areas are sunny and welcoming.
The dining room is set-up in such a fashion that it is much like going to a restaurant. There is plenty of room for walkers and guest are.
There is a wonderful set-up for Medicaid rooms; Friendship Rooms with shared toilet and shower between 2 rooms.
Having had our loved one at a different facility for 3-4 months Grace is a shining star in quality assisted living/
The staff is very on top of clients' prescription needs and giving information on what might need to be changed.
We have been very pleased with the staff and care shown to clients at Grace.

Fancy

This place was right next to the SW Idaho advanced care hospital. It was very fancy and not as down to earth. That would not have been a good fit for my father.

Mom is Comfortable and Cared For

My sister and I were looking for a place for my mom and when we walked into Grace it was cozy and elegant. It was clean and the people were friendly. The staff was more than helpful because we had a zillion questions! My mom is diabetic and she’s already had an episode and they took care of it wonderfully. We liked it also because the other residents there didn’t seem too old. Instead of a bunch of wheelchairs and walkers (which we knew mom wouldn’t like) there were people walking around. Mom has been doing the sitting exercise. She already won twice at bingo. Because I do live in Spokane, I haven't seen if she had continued the activities or not but I know when she first moved in she was doing a lot of them. I can't tell you how relieved we were to walk into Grace and see a place where mom could live comfortably and there would be people available to help her.

Excercise Program Could Be Improved

I really liked the people but the things that they said the have to offer were not what I thought they probably should be. They said they offer a good exercise program and I expected a couple of machines or something. Maybe not a treadmill where someone could fall but something. When we went there they had a great big bouncy ball that they were bouncing back and forth - that was their exercise program. They said they vary it a little but that's pretty much it. The feeling was like they're treating you like you're very old instead of allowing you to be as young as you want to be. Like, we're just going to do something so we can say we have an exercise program.

I have to say, the people there could not have been nicer. I would give them a 10 on a 1 to 5 scale but everything else didn't match up.

Loved the facility.

Loved the facility.

We provide a welcome and nurturing environment for seniors from independent to assisted living, memory care, respite, day care and hospice. Grace has had a reputation for unmatched commitment to care and operational excellence for over 20 years. Residents enjoy the best of all possible worlds with an elegant and comfortable home like atmosphere while having access to highly-trained, professional staff 24 hours a day.