Golden Living Center-Meadowood - Bessemer, AL

DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONES TO THIS FACILITY

Do NOT put your loved ones in a Golden Living facility. I take care of an elderly man who has been in the Bessemer, Alabama facility for 10 days and I have never seen such a horrible care given to the patients as I have this place. I visited my patient there last night and he laid in the bed in pain for over an hour before the LPN would even bring him his medicine AND the woman next door to him was needing her medicine for pain and the same LPN would not bring it in a timely manner. The family member of that woman was so upset by this treatment he was ready to take her out of there. I don't believe ANYONE should have to lie there in pain all because this LPN only brings the meds when SHE decides to. I understand there are other patients, but I think the ones that are in bad pain should be a priority. I have never seen a more uncaring and uncompassionate LPN in my life. These workers who care for the elderly should treat each and every patient as if it were their family member lying there in that bed! So more much has happened, it would take forever to cover it all. I would like to add that one of the nurses apparently got tired of him pushing his call button and using the telephone to call the desk when they wouldn't answer the call button that she came into his room and disconnected both the call button AND telephone. What if it were an emergency that were a life or death situation and he had no way to call anyone?? That is abuse and that nurse should be fired but nothing was done. I just wanted to express my opinion and let everyone know that if you are thinking of putting your loved one in the Bessemer, Alabama facility, DON'T!

People use nursing home services for any number of reasons -- because today's nursing homes can provide solutions to almost every eldercare problem.
No matter what your healthcare needs are, our goal is to provide compassionate care in a clean, comfortable setting where you will feel at home. We offer short-term care if you just need to get well and return to your own home. But we also provide long-term nursing home care -- and more intensive clinical services if you need them.

Our approach to clinical healthcare emphasizes teamwork between all members of our staff. Each employee plays a key role -- whether your treatment plan involves a complex medical diagnosis, a chronic health condition, recovery from surgery, or simply help with routine activities.

Clinical expertise

Though most of our residents only need general nursing services, we are equipped to handle more concentrated medical care. We offer the specialized services of nurses, nursing assistants and aides, dietitians, activity coordinators and social workers, as well as physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapists.

Featured services

Would you like some help with your financial options? Our business office employees are available to you. Do we offer the services and treatments you need? Select any of these services for details: