Plantation Manor - McCalla, AL

Highly recommended

After visiting every nursing home within a 40 mile radius of Columbiana, I chose Plantation Manor for my brother due to the guality of life for residents promoted by the staff. There are multiple volunteer organizations which visit weekly to play music and sing with the residents. There is a weekly Christian Sunday service that is well attended. The staff make a real effort to engage the residents in things requiring their participation. Many staff members have worked there for many years. My brother says he likes it there! He has been there 5 months and I would make the same choice again.
[Name removed]

5 star

My mother is a Dementia patient. Both the memory care unit was excellent as is the nursing home portion. The ladies are patient, kind, attentive, and truly care for there patients. They will never know how much I appreciate the kindness shown to my mom and other patients. I have had her in newer fancier places that were awful and such angry attitudes. The sweet people at plantation manor have been the best care I could have ask for.

[name removed] and family

Good care provided

My Aunt has been in Plantation Manor for over a year now. They were so great when she was admitted. My wife and I was impressed by the number of staff members clearly visible. Her dad had been in another nursing home and often when we went to see him there were hardly any staff to be seen.
This is a locally privately owned nursing home not run by some corporation out to have higher profits. The administrator was also local having grown up in the area. He had even cut the grass of the home when he was a teen-ager. My aunt has been treated well there and I don't think I could ask for any better care anywhere. She actually gained some weight, which was needed, after she became a resident.

Don't go

Took my mom to plantation manor for Respite care
I'm so not happy with them
I will not take her back
My mom was clean when she went
But not when she got back
N to top it off they lost her meds
And her cloths
We did get most cloths back
But they did not use her clothes cause when I went up mom was in a hospital gowned
I do not recommend

"Home" away from home.

Our Dad was at Plantation Manor a couple of years ago in Assisted Living. When our Mother needed Assisted Living Care we searched far and wide and even tried a different facility. Plantation Manor remembered Mother from Dad's stay there and immediately, made us feel welcomed and at home. They make Mother feel like she is a staff member and allow her to help new residents feel comfortable. They found our mom's strong points and focus on helping her keep up her day to day living. Our mom is a beautiful woman and her appearance has always been very important to her. She needs a little help with make up and hair...the staff helps her in all ways but anyone who knows our mother knows her mood is projected in her looks. Thank you PM you are an answer to our prayers!

The Atmosphere is Uplifting

The staff has made a connection with my mom and she has been pleasant during the day. It is a really nice community with wide hallways. The common areas are spacious with lots of windows. It is bright and cheery inside. It seems to uplifted her spirits. I appreciate all the help A Place For Mom gave and it worked out for us.

Kind Staff, Tour Went Well

We had a good tour of this community, everyone was very kind. The staff was informative, and answered all our questions. The community looked great, everything was very clean, and well maintained. There are plenty activities offered. It was a good experience, and everything went well.

Good Experience

My mother in law is doing very well here at this community. The staff is great, and taking very good care of him, and his needs. They do a good job with keeping everything nice, and well maintained. Overall the experience has been a good one so far.

This Community Is Acceptable

I like that this community had good staff and they know how to keep this place clean and well-maintained. The food is good for my mom. There are plenty of activities on a daily basis, my mom has been enjoying this. We are satisfied with everything this community has to offer and we would recommend this community to others.

Pleased with Dad's care

I put my Dad in the skilled nursing facility about 6 weeks before his passing. The staff was very friendly and caring. I especially appreciate the daytime nurses genuine care for my Dad. Southeast Hospice also did a great job caring for my Dad and keeping me informed. The building is older and could use some updating.
I also placed my Mom in the Specialty Care Assisited Living facility there. They are extremely friendly and patient with her there and I am very pleased with her care. That building is much newer and in good shape. The grounds are well kept, also.

Mother's care

Plantation Manor is truly the best place for my Mother. The staff care about each resident and see to all there needs. Mother has fallen twice and both times they have called me to let me know that she is ok, nothing broken.

Mother

The staff are the most caring and loving people I have ever had the joy to meet. They are taking really good care of my Mother.

Thanks ever so much.

Very nice place

Our experience with Plantation Manor has been a very good one, overall! The staff here is super friendly, personable, and they know both the residents and their family members by name! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and it seems very reasonably priced. I would recommend them!

Independent Living at It's Best!

Plantation Manor Independent Living Facility is great. It is small, very clean and neat and the food is wonderful. Because of the size the residents and the staff get to know each other and become friends. Everyone looks out for each other. My brother-in-law does not have any immediate family and was having health issues. He decided that he needed help with cooking and cleaning, until he could get his strength back, so He leased a one bedroom apartment from Plantation Manor. He only had intentions of staying there until he could get back on his feet, a couple of months at most, but he enjoyed the living arrangements so much, he is still there, and it has been almost a year. He is staying there by choice. His health has improved, he is driving again, and has a home that he could move back to. The friendly atmosphere and friends make his apartment feel like home. The rent is reasonable, so he can afford to stay there and still have his house. If you are looking for a small, plain, but very clean senior independent living facility, that more then meets the needs of its residents check out Plantation Manor.

Dad is happy and situated. Staff is friendly and engaged with the residents. Clean well maintained.

the right choice

We recently placed my mother in Plantation Manor Assisted Living and have been very pleased with our choice. We like the cottage atmosphere with only 16 people in their building. Whenever we visit, the residents look happy and well cared for. My mother has dementia and was put into a cottage with similar patients. We were pleased that she was able to live in an assisted living facility instead of a nursing home. although the building is not new, it is well taking care of.

They are doing a good job.

They are doing a good job. She really enjoys it, and she has other seniors around so she isn't just sitting home by herself. It's well kept, and clean. The staff is friendly, no concerns at all. We are happy with it.

This was a great experience

Thought that the facility was very nicely designed, and it catered to all residents amazingly. The care was absolutely wonderful, the residents were often kept very busy among the activities and interacting with each other. The food was wonderful and the the amenities offered were always superb compared to other places I toured. A place you must not look pass

Mom

Thank you Plantion Manor!!
When me and my family needed help the most they were there for us! My mom wouldn't be anywhere else;)
God Bless

This was probably one of th...

This was probably one of the worst experiences in my life. After I was finally able to get into the facility (there is a number pad to get in) and one of the staff members called the director, she informed me that no appointment had been made. She said she normally didn't come in on Sat/Sun but because of some problem at the facility she would be there in about 10-20 minutes and I could wait. One of the workers (very nice) said she would give me the tour which consisted solely of seeing the one room that was available. It was definitely just 'a room'. Everything was drab and dingy looking. The bathroom was completely mismatched and none of it looked like anything had been done to it in years. I asked where the shower was when I looked in the bathroom and she indicated that they give the residents their baths in a whirlpool and that they change their diapers. All of the clients seemed to be asleep in their chairs and the two women who were awake would not look up or speak to me. It was not what I would define as assisted living. I did not stay to talk to the director because the place was SO depressing. Honestly, I wouldn't let my mom be put there if it was free. So depressing. I only put one star (it would have been none!) except I had to put one to submit this.

Toured assisted living and ...

Toured assisted living and independent living. Space clean and staff friendly. Planned activities in assisted living. Medical director will care for all needs of patients. Only asissted living room available does not have a shower or bath tub. Must use community whirlpool. Not interested for that reason. Independent living apartment roomy. No planned activities. Only offer 1 meal a day. Will not meet our needs.