Magnolia Manor of Columbus - Columbus, GA

Striving for Excellence and Achieving It!!!!!

Magnolia Manor East is where my mother was located. The facility was very clean, it did not have the urine odor that some of the other facilities I had reviewed had. The buildings are old and need to be updated but, shiny and new does not constitute good and adequate care or staff. My mom had been in a local new and shiny facility and the care was less than substandard care. We have been very pleased with the facility, the staff and the care my mother has received. She is doing well and was able to transition back home. Thank You to the compassionate caring staff of Magnolia Manor for striving for excellence. It is appreciated.

Nice community but not the ideal location.

My husband toured this community and he said the people were all friendly and nice. It was too far to easily travel to see my sister and that's why we chose another option.

Cheryl Kennedy

Thank you for taking the time to visit Magnolia Manor. We appreciate your kind words. Sorry it didn't work out at our location. If we can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to reach out to us.

Magnolia Manor Management

A Blessing for My Friend

My friend is loving her time here at this community. She is really loving her time at this community. It has truly been a blessing for her. The staff is very accommodating, and they have been very caring and helpful. This community has provided my friend with a secure safe feeling. Everything has worked out very well, and she is very pleased with everything.

RUN WHILE YOU CAN

My father was not very well taken care of here, and as a result of Magnolia Manor's alleged negligence, (which was specifically listed on death certificate as significant contributing factors to causes of death) my father passed away due to complications arising from the staff at Magnolia Manor leaving him unattended for extended periods of time. At one point the family complained regarding the lack of care and the severe uncleanliness of his room (there were used gauze pads all over floor, garbage had not been changed out in a couple of days, and no one was sure when the last time his bedsheets had been changed or when he had been given a bath last.

After my father passed, I repeatedly tried to contact the records department, in order to request my father's medical records in an attempt to find out what exactly happened when my father was found unresponsive with a dislodged trach and finally got tired of waiting for a call that wasn't coming, I made an impromptu personal visit to the head administrator of the facility, Mary. Mary, who was just a peach to deal with (I'm being facetious here), absolutely REFUSED to reveal if the facility had received any complaints, concerns or comments in recent weeks, and became very nasty with her attitude. She then explained that when medical records are requested, the facility must provide them within 30 days and that the records must first be sent to corporate office to be approved for release, then sent to the company's attorneys who must approve the records for release and finally the records are sent to the requestor after the monetary fee of price/percopy/per page has been paid.
After 3 MONTHS I still cannot get the administrator to return my calls (which I make twice a week and leave a message) and I still don't have my father's medical records.

Magnolia Manor is home.

Upon entering Magnolia Manor personal care community, I felt at home and was greeted by caring staff. The staff took time to give me personalized attention and had a very informative tour. The residents were happy. One lady said this is the place to be when it comes time for some extra care. Upon leaving, I knew this was the place!

Horrible

The nursing home is very poorly run, the staff is poorly trained, communication is non-existent, food is non-eatable, menu is heavily loaded with carbohydrates and does not follow standard dietary measures for dialysis patients, cleanliness is deficient, maintenance is lacking, care of patients is minimal [removed] complaints by residents disregarded, and concerns by family are ignored. Moving my Mother OUT of Magnolia Manor was the BEST thing I have done; since moving she has become more engaged, more mentally alert, and more communicative.

Nice place, overall!

Overall I think things have gone very well at Mangolia Manor! It's a beautiful, clean, well kept facility, and the care staff all seem very friendly! The place has a real comfortable family atmosphere! It's a smaller community, so each resident really gets a lot of attention. However, I do think they could be clearer and more communicative about how their billing and pricing structure works. What we thought was a down payment on the first months rent ended up being some sort of unrelated community fee.

Friendly Staff

The magnolia Manor of columbus is a great place, but in terms of cleanliness, I am not sure if it's included or not. The staff is very friendly and caring though. The value is great as they are less costly than others nearby. Care services is great and activities are great. I have a friend that stays there and he seems to be happy there.

Very nice place!

So far they've done an excellent job here! My loved one was reluctant to make the move at first, but now that she has settled in she is really enjoying herself. One of the main reasons we selected this community is that my loved one feels more comfortable here based on its smaller size. Everything is on one level, and it is small enough that it is easy to navigate and get from place to place. The staff are all very friendly and caring, and they do a great job keeping everything clean and looked after.
The one concern we have is that they don't have some of the security features (pendants, alarms, etc) that we saw in other memory care communities.

Bad Experience

There were not tending to our loved one very well at all. They were not distributing the medication, oxygen wasn't put on them and their body was very dirty. Just overall a bad experience with this community and I would not recommend them.

From the banks of the Chttahoochee, where the Piedmont meets the Plain, Columbus adds to the Magnolia Manor family of care.

Columbus Assisted Living is the pefect solution for the concerns you may have for your loved ones. We povide a secure and loving environment where individuals can be independent, yet receive assistance when needed. We offer a home-like environment to help with the transition adjustment that comes with the aging process.

Assisted Living is Retirment with Perks - Independence and privacy when you want it, medical attention when you need it and entertaining diversions to inspire your life. With staff on hand to manage your laundry, transportation, meal preparation and lots of fun activities you will be living the Life of Luxury. Experienced staff provide compassionate care in a soothing environment.