Claiborne and Hughes Health Center - Franklin, TN

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Care Center

My loved one likes the food. The staff care was fine except for one person. The nurse was not friendly and would not talk and I thought it was rude. I didn't say anything because he is stuck there and I'm not. There are napkins on the floor but it's fine.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Care Center

Everybody is good to my loved one and he's doing what he supposed to, getting rehab. It's nice. I tell them what he likes to eat and he gets it.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Care Center

He has been pleased with the people there. The staff are very helpful.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Care Center

The therapy is pretty good. The meals are real good. There was one nurse who had him all week I liked who gave him a bath during the day. I do not know where his clothes are and his room is always dirty. The floor is not swept. I asked when he gets a bath and I was there Saturday and he did not get a bath on Friday the day before. Some areas are clean but not his room. Some things I am informed about and some things I am not informed. The nurses need to improve.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Care Center

One staff member has called me from time to time with updates. Every time I asked a question she found out what I needed. Overall there has been a lack of communication. They should put forth more effort with helping the patient. I was told the therapy would not start until his benefits can start. You can a smell a slight bad odor. The administration staff needs to improve with communication. There was not a rehab or diet plan.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Care Center

So far it is good. My mother is doing better in rehab. The staff are very friendly. I like the nurses and they take their time with my mother. It seems pretty clean. My mother is eating and gaining some weight. The staff keep in touch with me.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Care Center

The nurses are super sweet and nice. You ask them any question and they're on top of it. So far the therapists are good and helping. It seems like my loved one is doing better. Their communication is awesome! They are on top of it and call back really quickly to answer any question or about anything. His nurse calls me back ASAP. He says the food is good. Sometimes it smells there though. They do what they can but overall it's not like that.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Care Center

Everyone has been helpful with the transition. The director of admissions has been very nice and has been speaking with me.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Care Center

My loved one said it outstanding. He loves the nurses. The meals are petty good. I love their communication.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Care Center

Everyone is friendly and communicative. The staff are very friendly. The communication has been great when I call in but they have not called me since about her care after she was admitted.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Care Center

The staff are very nice people and they were fine. Their communication was excellent. We have no complaints about the meals. The nursing care was great during the day, but after 7 pm, he never saw a nurse. He would ring for someone at night and no one ever came. My loved one was not getting the quality of care that we thought he would be provided. They could not provide the level of rehab he needed. They did not have the equipment that would be necessary for him. It is an older facility and has had wear and tear.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Center

They take good care of him. The nursing director is sweet and understanding, they really know how to work with my loved one and the concerns I have with him. They take extra care in their work. The case worker is amazing!

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Center

The staff is very friendly. Some of the LPNs are very caring. She's been in several nursing homes and this one did not smell.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Center

The staff were all good. The food was cold, but good every time. My loved one is already home and doing well.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes Health Center

My loved one seems okay there. He is taking his meds and doing well. He said he get plenty to eat. I was there on a Sunday and the nurses hardly spoke to me.

Review of Claiborne & Hughes

The staff seem to be very caring, pleasant and helpful. The staff member who does admissions is very nice. The nurses are nice and helpful. We find it very clean. They call me, and I call them, and they are responsive.

Review of Claiborne & Hughes

The staff were very helpful with my dad's care. One nurse in particular always called me and let me know what was going on with him. When I visited my dad one day, I was hungry, and they gave me some breakfast. The facility was very clean and spotless. The custodial people were always cleaning.

Review of Claiborne and Hughes

The rehab therapy is good. The nurses are very good. There is a nurse we like who works double shifts. She makes sure my loved one gets her treatments. The meals seem to be very good. The staff let me know about my loved one's doctor's appointments. Some staff are good, and some are not so good. All the staff that I have met are very friendly. At first, my loved one was not getting a bath that often, but now it is better. Some areas need more cleaning, especially in the cafeteria.

Review of Claiborne & Hughes

My loved one seems to be happy there. He seems to like the meals. The girls that helped us get him in there were great, especially the social worker.

They have been very helpful. It doesn’t matter what we ask; they are there. The therapy is going well. When we are visiting, they are exceptionally nice. I really like that there is no odor and it is clean all the way around.

All of the staff seem like they really care. From what I see they're all nice and try hard. The room is clean and the therapists do a great job. They have been very nice to my brother and me. They call me whenever something happens. They keep me well informed.

If I asked for something, they would bring it right away. I liked the room and the services. All of the staff tried their best. It was so clean, it was awesome. I never got to the second floor, but the first floor was very clean.

I would recommend Claiborne & Hughes to a friend. But they are not that great about communication. It seems to be a problem. I had left the country for a little while, so I gave them my other sister’s information and I came back to 3 voice mails.

I think that they did a pretty good job overall. They took good care of my mom. They can use more staff more often than not. I have had major problems with nursing homes in the past and this one is better than that. They did not bathe them often enough, but when they did they would give them a nice massage with it. One of the aides was very nice and so helpful. They were kind and patient with my mom and me. The food was mashed up and it could use a little more seasoning to give it flavor. But my mom really just did not have an appetite.

One of the aides was very good. She was interactive with my dad and very nice unlike the one that brought him his lunch. She just dropped the food tray on the table. Then, I asked her for a drink and she did not say anything but came back and dropped the drink on the table and left. No one explained any of my dad’s special diet and I wanted to know. I would call people and leave messages and no one has gotten back to me. I did not too much care for some of the assistance. I find it to be very unprofessional for the receptionist to be texting and not paying attention to who she is supposed to help. I thought that this place would be fine since my dad had been here before, but I don't feel that it was.

They have been really nice to us. The community has been clean. He liked the food and it was good. They really did not call me and we had a lot of miscommunication.

Claiborne Hughes Health Center is a 152 bed skilled nursing facility in the downtown historic district of Franklin, TN. Claiborne Hughes has served the Franklin healthcare community since 1982. We pride ourselves in providing quality care with a gentle, caring touch. We frequently serve the care needs of families across several generations. We are you hometown facility.

Claiborne Hughes is locally owned and operated. The facility accepts Medicare, Medicaid, Healthspring, Humana, Blue Cross/ Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna and other private insurance by individual contract. We can serve the health needs of your cognitively impaired family member for a long term stay or rehabilitation and nursing needs for a short term stay.