Galleria Woods - Hoover, AL

The community here is small, 24 studio apartments for assisted living. The common areas seemed more clinical than homey. Since it is a small community there is a waitlist. The contact person was very knowledgeable and able to accommodate our tight schedule.

Beautiful very clean facility, Allows for Independent Living to Assisted Living to Monitored Living as needed, Of 5 facilities visited, Galleria Woods had the floor plan that was our favorite.
Church services in a beautiful on-site Chapel, Washer/Dryer combinations in every apartment, Open floorplans,
Stainless Steel appliances in the Kitchen, Residents must press a button in their apartment each morning by 10:00 am notifying security they are okay. If action does not occur, the staff checks on the resident. Clearly the resident’s safety, enjoyment, comfort and wellbeing are a high priority of Galleria Woods.
The cons for us were: While lease cost is on the lower end Galleria Woods requires a Life Care Option. For the unit we looked at, the cost was $151,000 for 0% Refund Plan or $200,000 for 50% Refund Plan. This is in addition to the monthly lease amount so Mom’s move in cost would be $202,785 if we selected the 50% option. There are certainly benefits to a Life Care Option as it provides guaranteed care for life and reduced monthly cost for Assisted or Skilled Nursing care. This may not be as much of a financial burden on a senior if they are selling their residence to move into Galleria Woods. We have no timeframe for selling Mom's house so it would be a financial burden to raise that startup cost. Meal package only includes 1 meal per day. Other communities we visited provided Breakfast + Lunch or Dinner. Cable TV is excluded in lease cost. All other facilities visited included Cable TV.

Quite a lovely situation. The apartments are very well-apportioned and roomy. The residents were very active around the area and seemed quite happy and content. [Removed] was so helpful in answering my questions and offering suggestions for my parents' particular situation. (Only giving 4 stars because I do not yet have a family member living in the facility)

Needs More Services!!

I didn't really have a good feeling about this community. It was not very clean and my tour was quick. I did get to see everything like the rooms and dinning room. I however , didn't get to see interactions between staff and residents. The activities that were offered and the amenities didn't really meet my expectations. My tour overall could have been a little better.

Took A Tour!!

My mother in law will be moving to the community. So far the family has taken a tour of the place and we thought it was clean. Everything looked organized and the guide gave us all the necessary information about the community. The staff met along the tour were nice and the layout fitted our loved ones needs.

I felt at home as soon as I saw it!

I felt at home as soon as I saw it! Everyone was so friendly! The buildings are so well=built , well-kept, and well decorated. And I love all the activities: I have said that it is like being on a cruise ship all the time! Also, the food is both delicious and nutritious.

I was able to stay overnight for a trial. I met some of the residents then and was able to ask questions. The apartment where I stayed was inviting and so peaceful, and my every need was taken care of. I would really advise anyone considering Galleria Woods to do this!

Right now I am really looking forward to becoming a part of Galleria Woods!

Did a good job overall, with a few issues

This is a nice community overall, it is a beautiful place and the staff are all very friendly. They do a good job of keeping it up, and it is always clean. The only major issue we had was right when my parents moved in, I feel like the staff could have been a bit more sensitive to my parents moods and done a better job of easing them in to their new situation. They were trying to be friendly and integrate them into the community, but after having lived in a private residence for so many years my parents were overwhelmed by all the people coming to the door to welcome them and try to get them to participate in activities. I know they did it with the best of intentions, but it was a little much my parents right off of the bat.

Loved director. Not so sure we want t...

Loved director. Not so sure we want that plan. Liked the villas. Honestly was not sure that was not a 'hustle'. But told deposit is refundable within 60 days.

Galleria Woods provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. We offer Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing/Rehab so seniors may age in place and never need to move. Our Independent apartments and Garden Homes come with a Life Care guarantee, meaning should you ever dissipate your funds, you can remain at Galleria Woods for life. Our entrance fees to move into Independent Living range from $130,000 - $250,000. These fees provide major monthly service fee discounts begining in Independent Living through Skilled Nursing. You may choose from many plans that provide full refundability to your estate. This is truly a plan that will preserve your assets and ensure that you do no outlive your means. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers inspired Independent Living, with the promise of "Exceptional Experiences Every Day." In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

At Galleria Woods, Optimum Life®, and our monthly Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities also come together in our Celebrations program, filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities. Come learn more about the only community in Birmingham to provide affordable levels of care needed throughout your life time and a Care for Life guarantee. See what that can truly mean for your future!