Golden Living Center Hillcrest of Wayzata - Wayzata, MN

Do Not Recommend

Our experience was absolutely awful from the minute my mom arrived, even the ambulance driver was uneasy! It was the beginning of a bad experience. This place is understaffed by number and quality, as confirmed by a nursing supervisor although she said “we’re having staffing issues”. We never left that awful place for the 4 days my mom was there because of the lack of response by the staff. Very little happened unless we asked and kept asking until it happened. Because we were there to advocate for Mom and keep her due to her brain injury we became nursing staff including administering meds.

Do not leave your loved one here unless they are totally capable of advocating for themselves! I can only imagine what would’ve happened to Mom if we hadn’t been there to care for her. We went in on a Friday and I got Mom out of there ASAP on Monday.

don't do it

guys. do not put your mother your father your [Removed] there.

this lady across from my mom -- she brought a BELL with her because the nurses don't respond to the call button. the lady next to my mom fell out of her bed and the lady with the BELL rang it until someone came to help her.

it's a nightmare.

Very disappointed

Very disappointed with the care my mother is getting. Our family is always there and the stuff we see that is and is not going on is very aweful. Some of the nurses and aids don't seem to know what there doing.
The aids are very messy, they never clean up my moms room and leave it a mess.
We are trying to find another place for her.
We are so worried about her being there alone when we're not there to be with her. So many aids and nurses, we can not understand them.
This is a horrible place!!

Disappointed

Very disappointed in this facility! It always seemed a little dirty with messy areas. Questioned if adequate attention and care was always provided in this memory care unit. There seemed to be mostly poor customer service, many attitudes, for the most part the staff seemed to be unhappy. Questioned if all resident (care) needs were always being met, there never seemed to have enough staff on. Many of the residents appeared to be bored/unstimulated, wondering around or sitting alone.
The memory care unit main central area has been well decorated and has a large bird (closed) environment. A few great members of the nursing staff working in the unit, unfortunately, they aren't there 24/7. Do not recommend this facility.