Landings of Minnetonka - Minnetonka, MN

Concerns about all new admin staff. Why? Nice but small rooms.

Felt like a nursing home

When I toured this facility it was okay and it wasn’t dirty. The residents that were walking around seemed to be older and had a harder time getting around. However, this community felt more like a nursing home. The dining room looked more like a cafeteria but there was still wait staff serving them. This facility just didn’t have a good feel to it but I would recommend it to the right family.

Very limited space in the apartments

I toured here when looking for a place for my parents. It’s an older facility and it was odd to me that they had a kitchen designated area but no real appliances like a stove or even a sink. It was almost like a make believe kitchen. The room itself was very limited in space. There was no carpeting and everything was either vinyl or hardwood flooring. I was able to eat there and the food was okay, but nothing to write home about. However, the staff was very friendly.

Janet Davis

Thank your for your feedback! We are always looking for ways to improved! We would like to hear more about your experience, please give us a call at [removed].

Grandma is Happy

We chose this place for my grandma because it is a nice and clean community. The grounds are well maintained. The activities are great she enjoys that the most, such as movies, bingo and they do crossword puzzles and many other daily activities. The people are nice and friendly and shes making friends here. The staff is helpful and caring. The food is Ok they just need more options to choose from or just make sure they have enough to feed everyone and not run out. I would recommend this community.

Clean facility with nice decor. [Removed] (Executive Director) was informative and offered helpful information and options for financial assistance. My struggle is with how small the rooms are but I expect this will be the same at most facilities.

Would not work for us

This community seemed terrible when we visited. They have just changed owners and the people we met with did not seem to know the residents. They were not able to answer our questions. The seemed cold and impersonal. The community is surrounded by trees, however they only have one table with a couple chairs outside for the residents. I was not impressed with the appeal of the place. They do offer a movie theater. This community does not offer memory care.

Happy with our choice!

We found this community from A Place for Mom and it was a pleasant experience from start to finish. My mother is doing very well here and our main concern was her eating and she's been eating well. The staff is very Knowledgeable and easy to talk with. We are very pleased. We chose Landings because it was the one my mother liked the most out of the communities we toured and it is within out price range.

Dad Likes It

I'am very pleased with my fathers move to this community. He is doing very well, and seems to like to it so far. A place for mom was great with the help they provided. This community is working out well for my family, and I would recommend it overall. It is a nice facility.

Great experience in a short time.

My father lived here briefly before moving into a rehabilitation center. While he was there it was a good experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful. He was participating in the activities they offered. The community was very clean when I visited and he seemed to like the food.

Wasn't impressed with the tour. Representative was new and didn't seem to know a lot about the community.

Janet Davis

We really appreciate your feedback and apologize that the tour did not meet your expectations. We take pride in our home and are implementing training of new team members at this time. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss this in further detail or if we can be of assistance in the future.

We have been so impressed with the Landings of Minnetonka. The people who work there are incredibly kind and welcoming. We feel lucky to have found such a great place for our Grandma.

Finding the Right Place

My brother and I took on the responsibility of finding a place for mom. I first reached out to [Removed] from "A Place for Mom". With the info that I gave [Removed], he provided several locations to visit. After six different locations we both agreed that the Landings of Minnetonka would be the best fit for mom and our family. After the official visit and tour, we went back to the Landings un-announced to look again for ourselves. We visited with staff, residents, and family of residents and everyone had positive feedback for us. We both liked the open and well lite appearance of the Landings. It provided a bright, yet warm and homey feeling that we felt that mom would adapt to. Since her move, the staff has been outstanding in helping and providing care for our mother.

My dad moved in 3 weeks ago and he's thriving. His first word when he saw his apartment was "beautiful".

Great place for some one who needs enhanced assisted living.

We were impressed with the Landings of Minnetonka from our first visit. We moved our 93 year old father into his efficiency apartment there about 2 weeks ago. His first word when he saw it was "beautiful". He says the staff are very friendly and helpful and he's enjoying his new home.

Wonderful Community With An Amazing Director And Good Head Nurse

Everything is working out very well for my father here. He has adjusted well to the community and I'am very satisfied with everything they have done for us. It is a very nice looking community. They keep everything nice and clean. The staff is amazing, they have been very welcoming and helpful. He is rolling around trying many activities, he enjoys the ice socials. The food is excellent, he really loves the meals. The director and head nurse are really good people. I'am very pleased with the care they are providing him. I would highly recommend it.

Heard good things!

My loved one has only been here a short time, but our experience with Landings of Minnetonka has been a good one so far! From what I have heard from my loved one it is a very nice place, and she is settling in well!

Would recommend this facility

The personal care giving staff is great. They are very patient and responsive. They do need a better selection of activities which they say they are working on. The food is not very good - very bland, not a lot of variety and the service in the dining room is hit and miss. The place is very clean. Our family does have peace of mind with our parent as a resident at this facility.

We like it very, very much.

We like it very, very much. The food is okay, it's very clean. The only thing that has been concerning is the response time when the button gets pushed has not always been prompt, and isn't consistent. Other than that, we have been very pleased, when I have brought up a concern it has been addressed. We are happy with them.

The staff was overwhelmingly wonderful, they were great!

Brookdale is great. He didn't like the food very much. The staff was overwhelmingly wonderful, they were great! Everyone was bending over backwards to make us feel comfortable and included. I went in not knowing anything about Brookdale, and I came back very impressed with their organization.

Families BEWARE!!!

I was lied to when I looked at the facility. I was told the room they showed me was the only room left and if I didn't make the decision "today" and pay the deposit, it would not be available the next day. I found out later there were several rooms available. The room they "talked me into" was a room no one else wanted.

My family member had a medical emergency and if I had not gone there to visit, my loved one would have died. We removed her before she returned from the hospital.

I would not put an animal in that place!! The workers are almost all foreign and can barely speak or understand English and they are the ones handing out medication to the residents.

If you love your family member, I would not use A Place For Mom. They highly praised this place and "steered" me away from another facility (which I found out later) which was much less expensive and offered better care.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry you feel as though you were misled. There are a few criteria that may have allowed for the room your loved one moved into to be the only room available at the time. Depending what you and your loved one were able to afford and whether or not there was monetary assistance such as Medicaid could both have affected room availability. Additionally, the amount of rooms we have available at any given time can change quickly. We assure you that the needs and safety of our residents is always a top priority for us, and we would never allow a resident to go unaided in a time of a medical emergency.
We understand the importance of communication between the staff, the residents, and their families, and while we do offer a family of staff with diverse backgrounds, each of our staff is fully fluent in both written and spoken English. All of our staff are also trained by a Registered Nurse and pass training with a skill set to appropriately care for our seniors in compliance with Minnesota law. If you have any further concerns regarding your experience, we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director who always makes himself available to speak with the residents and their families to address any concerns.

I think it's very clean, I mentioned ...

I think it's very clean, I mentioned things like they'll take the plastic bag out of the garbage and they don't replace the bag, they also lost some brand new pants that my sister brought over there and they don't knwo where they are. For the first couple of weeks I had to keep telling them not to let her eat in her room unless she was sick because they charge $3 to bring food up to her and that took awhile, I had to leave notes for the aids (because there's always a different one) and I had to keep reminding the nurse. There was an incident, that I didn't witness personally, but someone saw one of the aids being a little rough with her so they put the aid on leave and i don't know if they fired her or what they did with her. This has just been really hard on us, I'm sure they're doing the best that they can but she seems to be doing better.

Was very nice. Lots of amenities. Is ...

Was very nice. Lots of amenities. Is not a designated memory care facility. Inclusive price does not include wellness checks. They start at 300.00 per month,and would be based on grading system.

LONG TERM CARE INS. NOT accepted for ...

LONG TERM CARE INS. NOT accepted for rent or for services. NO therapy services (physical, speech, occupational) Transportation NOT provided.

It only takes one look at Minnetonka Assisted Living’s beautiful wooded courtyard, spacious apartments and elegant décor to know this is a great place to call home. Our goal is to give you more time to pursue those activities you love. Located in Minnetonka, Minnesota, the scenery is picture perfect. Minnetonka Assisted Living is surrounded by woods, trails, wetlands and prairies. From our outdoor deck, the view is breathtaking. Immerse yourself amongst this magnificent natural beauty, relax and see nature at its best. The birds are singing, squirrels are scurrying about and on occasion, you’ll see a deer or two pass by. We are just minutes away from Methodist Hospital, convenient, unique shopping at General Store of Minnetonka, landmarks and the spectacular Lake Minnetonka is just a stones throw away. With easy freeway access, you can experience everything Minnetonka has to offer.

At Minnetonka Assisted Living, we offer compassionate, personalized attention tailored to your needs.

Our assisted living is designed for senior adults who wish to maintain their independent lifestyle but may need some additional assistance to do so. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed at Minnetonka Assisted Living. You truly can have it all!