The Glenn Minnetonka - Minnetonka, MN

I found this place to be too dark,it had dark woodwork, the hallways were rather narrow. It just was not inviting, actually rather depressing atmosphere. Otherwise it seemed to have all the necessary amenities.

Assisted Living extras cost an arm and a leg

The Glenn Minnetonka is a beautiful place with lovely surroundings and right in the heart of senior-friendly Glen Lake area in Minnetonka. [name removed] is right next door, dentist, hair salon, two restaurants, post office, service station and tax prep are also close by. If you or a loved one do not require daily assistance, this is a good place for you. If you require services somewhere between basic assisted living (which is identical to independent living except for the meal plan) and care suites, this may NOT be the best place. Anything extra will cost you (escorts, meal delivery, safety checks, med administration, etc.) and the cost will vary from month to month depending on your needs. You will occasionally be urged to consider moving into the higher cost care suites because of this. Some of the aides are great, while others are curt and rough. The food service recently switched over in the fall of 2017 and has taken a nose dive in quality. Do your homework. Many Assisted Living communities now offer tiered service plans which are determined after a nurse performs an initial assessment meaning you will know yours monthly cost is going to be upfront.

This community was very nice and I'm in the process of becoming a resident. They had an apartment for the right price and the right amenities. I pay electric, cable, Phone and internet. They pay all other utilities. They have a bus for transportation and a chapel (beautiful), lots of activities and well kept apartments and community areas. Excited!

Amazing Staff

We toured at The Glen, and I really loved the community. I thought the staff there was amazing. Everyone was friendly, very helpful, and super accommodating. I thought the place was beautifully decorated, had a very nice chapel, and seemed lively with a lot of activities. However, my loved ones decided to move into a community that would be a better personal fit for them.

The Glenn is a great place!

My dad is enjoying living at this community. He is a picky eater and they do offer different choices. He participates in activities he enjoys. The staff are very nice and helpful. I would recommend this community to family and friends. The community is kept clean inside and out.

Shanna Swanson

We are so glad to hear that your dad is enjoying living here at The Glenn Minnetonka! We strive to offer the best services and conveniences to help make senior living as easy as possible and are happy to hear that your dad is finding this to be true as well.

Some Of The Staff Needs More Training

Our experiences in this community have been good for the most part. The community looks great, they keep everything very nice and clean. Most of the staff is excellent while a few need more training and supervision, particularly some of the overnight personnel. The Care Unit section is understaffed for handling the special needs of some of the patients in that area. Many activities and special events are offered. The food is good. The management staff is friendly, helpful and cooperative with family.

Shanna Swanson

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to create a positive community experience and are conscientious of the changing needs of the residents we serve. Our staffing models are designed to adapt to those changing needs in our community, and in particular care suites. We appreciate your time for letting us know how we are doing and invite you to meet with our clinical management team to discuss your concerns. Please feel free to give me a call and I would be happy to discuss with you further.

A Great Place to Live!

My mother lived at The Glenn for three years and it was a fantastic experience.

The staff, activities, care, and security are second to none.

It's truly a 5 star facility with shopping, restaurants and social gathering spots with-in a stones throw.

Also the pricing was competitive and very fair.

I would recommend this facility to any senior in any living situation. Regular, Assisted, or Memory Care.

Shanna Swanson

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Chuck. We are pleased you and your mother had a fantastic experience here at The Glenn!

The most wonderful transition!

My parents lived in Denver and we recently lost Mom. I wanted to have Dad closer to me so the search began for senior living that was close to my home in Eden Prairie. After months of searching to find the perfect place, we found The Glenn!

My Dads transition from Denver and to the Glenn has been flawless! The staff has been so helpful to me and taking such good care of my Dad!

Having my Dad so close and at The Glenn has erased all stress from my life! I have never been happier knowing he is in great caring hands!

Thank so much!

Shanna Swanson

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to create a positive community experience that is welcoming and helpful to all at The Glenn. We're glad you noticed and shared your thoughts.

They do a really good job.

She is doing really well, it took a couple of weeks to get settled in. She is really taken a turn for the better, using her walker to get around. The one area that could be better is the food, and they are working on that, I just got a letter today, saying they are starting a new food service. The nurses and the aides are pretty good, and if anything comes up, they address it right away.

Shanna Swanson

We are glad to hear your mother is doing much better since coming to The Glenn! We have since switched food service providers and have recently received excellent marks in our Dining Customer Satisfaction Survey! Thank you so much for your feedback.

Things are going pretty well.

Things are going pretty well. It's very clean and the staff is friendly, and attentive. They have lots of activities, and I have eaten there several times and have been very pleased. They have a good variety on their menu to choose from. We were supposed to get a storage locker with the room, and there just aren't enough to go around, for now we are renting a garage. Also new residents get an ambassador to show them around, but that is a few days after they move in, it would be nice if that happened a little quicker. We chose them based for a few reasons, price and location of course, but also it was more homey than our second choice, and my parents really liked the chapel there.

Shanna Swanson

Thank you for your feedback. Our team takes great pride in the attentive care we provide as well as creating a socially engaging atmosphere here at The Glenn. We're pleased you noticed our efforts.

Our tastefully decorated apartments and specialty suites are designed for seniors 62+, offering a variety of quality lifestyle choices for today and options for the future.

Residents enjoy a variety of recreational activities, ongoing fitness programs, spiritual and personal growth opportunities, fireside dining in the elegant dining room, transportation to shopping and planned outings, and many other services. Our professional maintenance team lets residents enjoy the comfort of home without the hassles of upkeep. The 24 hour on-site staff will add to their peace of mind.