Cornerstone Assisted Living - Plymouth, MN

Mom is happy here

My mom is settling in here it always seems to be neat and clean. She opted to have 2 meals a day and they are well rounded. The caregivers are average. They try to engage her to join the daily activities. They have a nice front porch with chairs on it. They offer a bus to go on outings and to the grocery store. They will come in monthly to clean and do her linens but will come daily to empty trash and make her bed.

Not the best stay

Mom did not have a very good respite stay at this community. They did not let her out of her wheelchair during the day. She did not like the food and they did not offer a large selection of choices. The caregivers were nice. They did charge for each individual service she required. This was not what we thought it would be.

A fantastic tour & staff

We had a fantastic tour here, the community would be a nice fit for my parents, the staff was attentive, showed us all around and answered all our question. The problem was that my mom would need a mobile lift as she is immobile and they do not have one so we would have to purchase one on our own for her to be able to live there.

The community looks great

The staff in the memory care unit is nice. My only concern is there seems to be a lack of communication with the staff. It is hard to reach the person you need to speak to. My loved ones apartment is nice. The memory care is a locked ward. I would rate the assisted living area a four. They have a beautiful chapel. They allow pets and have birds in the community. There is a wonderful hair dresser and the rooms have a nice view.

The right type of care

I toured this community for care. I did not want a community that had stairs. The do have activities for the residents . We wanted a differt level of care.I liked the staff and they informed me on the care that is given to the residents. I would suggest that families tour this community

[Removed] very kind soul and extremely knowledgeable! Place smelled nice ... I have a very sensitive nose :) Dining area has natural light coming thru making it a nice place to enjoy the outdoors - also enjoyed the sun room for the same reasons. Not your typical studio apt, which is what my dad would prefer due to cost, the sleeping area is separate from the living area and a good amount of storage. I am happy that it is pet friendly, I truly believe they lower your blood pressure and bring unconditional love. Another great feature, free laundry on each floor. If I could get you to put in an indoor pool it would be perfect (haha) -- water aerobics is easier on the body and an amazing workout.

Don't live here

Go somewhere else!! My father lives here, as well as a former neighbor. Both are leaving soon. They are consistently under staffed and so when residents need help they wait a long time for help and then are rushed when they do get help. My father has also experienced roughness when assisted being dressed because they are in such a rush. The staff is very unfriendly and barely talk to the residents. Some staff are hard to understand because they do not speak clear English which makes it very difficult when a resident is hard of hearing. Cornerstone's food is similar to a bad school cafeteria, everything very over cooked and mushy and they consistently leave the music loud in the dining room which makes it difficult for hearing impaired residents to have a conversation. (even after being asked to turn it down multiple times.) There are people with dementia who live alone in the Assisted Living area who wander around completely confused not knowing where they live or what they are doing there. They should be in a Memory Care unit not in Assisted Living as they could injure themselves and not know how to call for help.

It's Amazing.

It's Amazing. Everything has been impressive. The nursing staff is very attentive. The food is very good. They are good at including them in activities. It's clean, they have fresh paint. She is happy and we are happy. The more expensive place didn't seem any better than this. They were so patient and flexible when we were moving in.

A wonderful community.

Cornerstone was recommended to my family for our Mom by A Place for Mom. It was great working with Amy! She is very understanding & found us just the perfect community for our Mom.
Everyone at Cornerstone has made my Mom really feel welcome! They have been very helpful & friendly in getting her familiar with every aspect of the community. Cornerstone has a lot to offer.

At the top of our list.....CLEAN and LOCATION

I toured this facility twice, last year and again this month. We still haven't decided where to place mom, but this is near the top of our list, because of the staff. There are more beautiful buildings out there (like Waters of Plymouth) but you will not find any more caring and expert than here at Cornerstone, and that counts much more than having the architecture just so. The food here is really great, a varied menu, 3 full meals per day is included with Asst Living rate. You can also do Indep Living for lesser rate. This is the CLEANEST, I repeat, the very CLEANEST of all the facilities we have toured. They are going to install new carpeting this summer but I don't even know why, it didn't look that bad. It is expensive, but all AL facilities are--you are paying for CARE not for the building. The 2nd best thing I LOVE about Cornerstone is the LOCATION, it is in a residential area, very beautiful serene views, yet upscale shopping is nearby (you will need the van, not walkable). I highly recommend Cornerstone. Cost for 1Br 615sf is $4115, medication is $875, additional help is $415/30 mins.

Unprepared for us and I was...

Unprepared for us and I was not impressed. After talking to Marcus, i will go back and try again as this is not normal for this place. Most people love it. Will try again.

caring friendly

A Christian environment with no religious pressures Just friendly caring professionals.

Warm and Caring

We love it! They are more independent living but they do go to church services. The friendliness of the people there is really outstanding. It's a very warm, caring atmosphere. They have eaten there, but they pay for their meals since it's not assisted living.

Cornerstone of Plymouth

A very clean facility with plenty of staff, great food and a helpfull attitude.

Nice but a little boring.

The staff is very nice, but some are hard to understand, as their English isn't so clear.
They have activities during the day most are upstairs. It would be nice if they had some activities in the evening as it is too quiet and lonely.
The food is ok, not great with lots of sandwiches and noodles. Not a lot of meat and potatoes.
3 meals a day, with the exception of Sunday which consists of Brunch at 9:30 pie at 1:30-2:00 then diner at 5:00. So no lunch on Sunday.
There are no special diets and not a lot of attention to cholesterol in the menus.
We have had a mix-up with medication, but seem to be on the right track now.

The building and grounds are very nice and in a nice location.

Only Shared Rooms for Medical Assistance

Cornerstone has some things that I didn't like, not that the facility wasn't fine. If my mother goes on medical assistance or elderly waver they would put her in a room with someone else. At another place she could stay in her same room and that made a big difference to us because to us, at 96, having to move again would have been too much for her.

Happy with Everything

The staff has been very engaged and caring. We're just very pleased with Cornerstone. My mother goes to church service which is good and she's gone to some of the movies. She's gone to when there is music in the common area. I'm not sure if she went on one of the shopping junkets but I know that's an available activity. She makes use of the on site beautician, which she finds convenient, and goes to the doctor who comes on site. My mom is happy with everything. The only thing she says about the food is they give her too much and my advice to her is to eat all of it.

Staff is friendly and easy to work with

I haven't heard any negatives about Cornerstone Assisted Living. I assisted a family in finding a home for their loved one and they seemed very impressed with Cornerstone's facility and staff. The staff was very easy to work with and returned all phone calls. They had about three places to choose from that were all comparable; but Cornerstone was their favorite, partial because of location but also because of the staff and the facility.

good location

good location

Nice facility!

Nice facility!

Quiet neighborhood surrounded by wetl...

Quiet neighborhood surrounded by wetlands. Single bedroom spacious with great view. Activities were pretty generic and only 1 or 2 a day. Residents seemed happy. Larger male population. Didn't see much staff. Independent living w/services or Assisted living can stay in same place. Food choices looked above average.

The facility was clean and the direct...

The facility was clean and the director was very nice to work with. The apartments had a nice layoutwith nice views. We really loved the layout as well. Very nicely decorated to our taste. Received an invite to come back for lunch to experience part of what their day would be like. At this facility I actually saw nursing staff moving about which we had not seen at St Therese or Rose Arbor. Could just be timing. Both mom and dad loved it. Location is the best. Cost up to this point is the most expensive.