Elder Homestead - Minnetonka, MN

Happy With My Move to This Community

I'am very pleased with my move to this community. Everything has worked out very well, and everyone here is very kind. This is a great community, and I'am comfortable in this community. The staff is great, and have been helpful when needed. I'am really enjoying my time here in this community, and I would recommend it.

Excellent Tour

I had a very nice tour of this community. Everything went very well, this is a good community. The community looked nice, and well maintained. The staff was nice, and informative. They answered my questions, and the experience went well overall. We wanted more of an independent community, and this is more assisted living.

[Removed] is compassionate & VERY sweet ... we immediately connected on the phone which makes meeting face-to-face that much more exciting!!! The front porch is a DREAM!!! I can picture my dad sitting on the swing watching baseball across the street -- he would absolutely love it. This place has a ton of character and hidden treasures. [Removed] did a great job asking a lot of questions about what my dad would enjoy to make him feel right at home.

Nice place, a little understaffed

In general I think Elder Homestead is a nice place. I haven't met all of the staff, but the people I've worked with have seemed friendly and professional overall. The facility itself is nice looking, and they take good care of the residents. However, I do think that they're a bit understaffed. When we moved in they didn't really have anyone available to help us, and the one thing we did ask for help with took a while to get done. It's improved a bit, but I still think they could use a few more people.

My one and only complaint is that in the first 2 weeks of living there they have messed up on giving my mom her medications a handful of times. I sat down with director and nurse and believe it's resolved now but time will tell. It's a very important part of care and so it's really bad when they don't get it right all the time!

It's a very "homey" environment. Staff is pleasant and seem to really care about the residents. If I had one "complaint" it would be that they might be slightly understaffed at times...I don't think this is unusual because it seems that most elder housing communities are understaffed. It's a very demanding job and hard to find good people to fill the positions as they don't get paid enough for what the job requires and that's unfortunate.

Otherwise, very happy with this facility.

They’re very friendly.

They’re very friendly. Financial value is a four, but social value would be the same. They are very responsive to working with us. There are several outdoor areas and they are very lovely. One thing that I could say is that they could do better with vision or hearing impaired residents. A support group could be very helpful.