Lincoln Glen Manor - San Jose, CA

Large facility but not a lot of availability

I toured here a while ago when looking for a place for my wife to go. This place was more spread out than a few other facilities I had seen and there are fewer units. There was a waiting list at the time and it’s probably because they don’t have many residents that live there. But the landscaping was beautiful. They offered a few activities like different kinds of mental and physical exercises, games, and they told me that they take out the residents for trips around the town. The facility was very well maintained and the rooms were what you’d call a garden apartment. There was a private fenced patio and the room itself was around 600sq feet. Everything looked bright and there was lots of light.

A tour

The community did seem clean and the person that took us on tour was nice. They do have a bistro on site so you are able to order from a limited menu if you miss one of the meals. This is an older community and it has outdoor paths that you take to get to the other buildings. We did not think this community would work for us.

We saw very few residents about and those we saw didn't look happy. It was stinky, old and had popcorn ceilings. Pricey for the size of your apartment, not secure, low fencing, stuffy, no AC in the hallways so it's hard to breath.

Review of Lincoln Glen Manor Alzheimer's / Memory Care in San Jose, CA

The cottages were very nice and the large patio was wonderful. My parents are eager to have a more social environment so this might be too independent.

My experience has been quite good wit...

My experience has been quite good with Lincoln Glen Manor. The caregivers are very patient, and caring. I'm quite pleased with the care they provide to my mom. The food is quite good as well. My mom is adjusting, and I feel Lincoln Glen Manor is a good fit for her.

As Lincoln Glen seeks ways to keep in touch with our families and friends, we learn about the different needs and problems you face. Our Activities Department constantly finds new resources and events for residents. We have joined Furry Friends Pet Assisted Therapy Service, bringing the healing power of animals to those less fortunate in our community. The Furry Friends mission is to consistently facilitate delivery of the love and affection of our volunteers and their pets.