Glen Mills Senior Living - Glen Mills, PA

Disappointed_Daughter

I would not recommend this facility. They let their residents sleep all night in their own soaked urine bedding. When asked to have your loved one walked to the bathroom, they say they will and things will change - but sadly nothing changes.

Five Star Reviews

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It was a pleasure speaking with you directly regarding your concerns. At Glen Mills we desire to exceed the expectations of our residents and families and I apologize that your initial experience did not meet that standard. Per our conversation, the situation has been resolved and I am confident that we can provide the lifestyle and care for your loved one that meets and hopefully exceeds your expectations. Thanks again for your feedback. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the community. Kind regards, Brian

Look elsewhere

I have seen first hand multiple times the miserable and at times rude staff at this facility. I am able to witness this because I am not a family member. The dining room staff is beyond miserable and rude. I have never seen a pleasant worker in the dinning room and the food and service is horrible. You do find a few pleasant and helpful employees but they are few and far between. I have been to multiple facilities where the staff and quality of food served is wonderful but not here. God help those that can't communicate in a place like this and for those that can they may think all facilities are like this but that can't be further from the truth. They are continually understaffed which effects what little quality of care they do get making the situation even worse. I will say that the facility is clean but that is about the only positive I see. The few daily events are basically the same every week. So there is very little to do. Please take the time to look around before placing your loved one here. This facility needs to take a hard look st who they are hiring starting in the dinning room and insure they have enough staff to meet the residents needs. There is barely a warm welcome when entering the facility which should be the first warning sign. I see what they don't want families to see or know. Please please please look elsewhere.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I am sincerely interested in your comments. Our goal is to provide a warm and inviting residence. Our standards dictate a much greater sense of pride in our profession and our home than you describe in your review. In particular we know that the dining experience is a very important aspect of life at our community. As such I would like to invite you to meet with me to review all aspects of dining here at Glen Mills - including our menu, food preparation and staffing. Please stop by or give me a call -- my door is always open.

Look anywhere else

This was one of the worst decisions we had to make as a family. I can't even count the number of times I was made to feel uncomfortable by all of the staff members when visiting. Constant dirty looks - perhaps because we knew the poor quality of care that was going on no matter how many hours were spent trying to collaborate with staff members how to make things better. How to respond when an emergency call bell is ringing instead of ignoring it for over a hour. As the level of care increased, they insisted they could do it (probably just for the increase in money) and FAILED miserably.
My blood boils any time I think of this place and I absolutely do not recommend it to anyone else thinking of putting someone they love in here.

Five Star Reviews

We are sorry about your experience and would be glad to discuss it with you directly. Our entire team is dedicated to creating a superb lifestyle for our residents and peace of mind for families. We would like to spend some time with you to hear your concerns in order to help us improve the quality of care we provide at Glen Mills Senior Living.

The Absolute Worst Case Scenario

My Aunt lived at Glen Mills Senior Living for about 3 weeks, after Glen Mills determined that they could provide the level of care that my Aunt required. Less than a month after she arrived, my Aunt was rushed to the local hospital in respiratory failure and diagnosed with both flu and pneumonia that the Glen Mills medical staff was unaware of. She died five days later.
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Bureau of Human Services Licensing, just completed their investigation of the facility and found them negligent in the care of my Aunt. We are considering legal action.

Great Place

Great staff. Made the transition for my father from living on his own to assisted living a very pleasant experience.

Glen Mills Senior Living, a wonderful, caring place!

Very friendly & caring staff. Very attentative to residents needs. Recat quickly to requests from family members & residents. Beautiful, cheerful setting, lovely dining room! Very bright, lots of windows. Variety of activities. My mom is very happy, she feels safe and well taken care of at Glen Mills Senior Living.

Its a good place to stay I would not have chosen any other place. The senior living is on top of things and always are their to answer any questions or concerns you have.

Very pleased. Mom is happy. Everyone is sooo nice. She settled in quickly and, as promised, they are keeping tabs on her and making sure she has everything she needs. Keeping her busy too,

Good respite care

My Mother seemed to enjoy herself for her 10 day respite stay. The only negative on our end would be the cost was high, although that appears to be in line with other senior living places. Would highly recommend Glen Mills to others. Peace of mind while I was away was wonderful. At 93 Mom it was not comfortable to leave her home alone while I was on vacation.

Felt that this was the place for Mom. Every item on my checklist was positive. Staff and tour were impressive. A great benchmark to start with.

This is not for someone who needs medical care.

It's a gorgeous facility, like a resort, a wonderful place. The food is terrific, and the laundry service was great. The big issue is that they are lacking in care, either they aren't checking the residents as often as they should, or they don't care as much as they say. They observed and assessed her, it wasn't a third party. They said that she would be able to be cared for there. She was only here about two weeks, but they didn't even notice she was sick. They have a black and white assessment, they don't look at the individual situation and their community and see if it's a good fit, they just see if they can legally take them. If you are fairly independent, it's a beautiful place, this is not for someone with medical care needs.

moms resort for short stay

from the time I spoke with the representative at Glen mills I knew this is where mom was going to stay. I toured the facility, met with personnel all very helpful. Invited me to bring mom in for a visit, which I did, she was impressed. cost was reasonable. mom had a beautiful room, ample space, food was good. this is a plus, previous facility she was in, food was awful, had food brought in from various restaurants in area. on top of this, i paid the facility 10500.00 for her to share a room and eat awful food. glen mills she had her own room, with good food, staff was attentive, activities age appropriate. the staff did not treat the residents like kindergarten children nor did they have activities for them, like they do in kindergarten. mom is very demanding, and they were able to keep up with her. she likes to be pampered.

great experience

Everything regarding our experience with Glen Mills Senior Living has been wonderful. I would highly recommend them.

They could use some training with a few of the caregivers on how to use oxygen.

I know that any place there will inevitably be some small issue, and there was one here with a tech that was supposed to fix something in moms room not doing it and being a little rude, but the issue was taken to the right people at Glen Mills and resolved and we've not had any such issues since. We are very pleased with our experience.

Review of Glen Mills Senior Living Assisted Living in Glen Mills, PA

Beautiful place, talked with Laura, she went over everything, showed me around, answered all questions. impressed with the friendliness and cleanliness. reasonable pricing. very accomodating for moms needs.

a

My family and I are very impressed with Glen Mills Senior Living. It's a warm and loving environment and the staff is so caring and diligent.

We are so grateful to A Place for Mom for finding it for us.

Great Facility

The staff at this facility are just the best. My Dad can be difficult and they were patient and kind. Unfortunately Dad's medical needs required a higher level of care or he would still be living there. Frankly, I would enjoy living there.

nice facility

nice facility

Very friendly staff members. Clean a...

Very friendly staff members. Clean and well-maintained. The rooms seemed a little small, but they had all the necessary amenities.

Glen Mills Senior Living is conveniently located along Route 1 near shopping, restaurants and places of worship. We offer transportation to a variety of local destinations including doctor’s offices, malls and your favorite restaurant. At Glen Mills Senior Living you can chat in our Bistro, read books on anything and everything in our library and indulge in tea and fresh scones during our daily social hour. Experience the elegance of a bright and fully appointed dining room. Our delicious cuisine is prepared by our dedicated chefs and served by our wait staff at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy fully furnished accommodations, or bring your treasures. Many of our residents enjoy the convenience of our on-site rehabilitation center just steps from their own room. Individual needs are evaluated by our nursing staff and customized care plans are developed to provide you the assistance you desire. At Glen Mills Senior Living you’ll meet new friends, be pampered by a dedicated staff and can take advantage of a full range of services that will make your life secure and independent. Come find out why so many people call Glen Mills Senior Living home, and where "Strangers are Friends waiting to be Made".

Stop by our community today for your personal tour and complimentary lunch.