Genesis Village - Toledo, OH

Happy residents!!

I have no complaints about the stay that my wife and I have been so far at this community. We have been enjoying the meals and have been participating in the activities from time to time. The staff have been helpful and accommodating to our needs as best as then can. I would recommend this place to anyone interested.

A great place. Very happy. It is really cost effective and well worth it! The food is great, the entertainment is wonderful and always something to do. Come join us, we love it here.

I feel like I’ve been here forever because it is home. I like the friendly staff who are just great, food is delicious. Just such a caring place. I love it! You can’t know what a great place this is until you come and visit. Amazing place with great people.

Outstanding! The residents and staff are friendly and helpful. I like the activities, pool, hot tub and the food is great. It’s a wonderful place to live.

The activities are awesome and always so many things to do. You are never at a loss for what to do. Great, friendly staff who are always there for you. It’s so nice to come to a very clean place and not to have to worry about keeping up the yards shovel the snow. It feels like home!

We looked at many places and this place has everything and felt like home right away. Extremely friendly and staff is the best you can get. It’s a great place.

Genesis has a friendly staff and a lot of amenities. The apartments are very spacious.

Welcoming staff!!

I also toured Genisis Village. The people there were very friendly and the tour guide was knowable. Thre facility was very clean and organized. I would recommend it to anyone looking, it was just not the best for my loved one's needs.

Indoor pool and other great amenities !!

I really liked how well cared for everything was at this community. The entire building seemed new and modern as well as very clean. I loved the in door pool they had available for the residents as well as all of the other pristine amenities they had. The only thing my aunt did not like was there was no patios available in any of the rooms.

Michelle Goeder

Thank you for your feedback about our community!

5 Star!,Very friendly & can't find any problems at all.I like the staff & residents,love the food.(Lots of choices to pick from)You would love it here & recommend.I love Genesis Village.

Michelle Goeder

So glad you love living at Genesis Village Irene!

Accomdating,organized,entertainment,so much to do,good food,activities,clean & needs are always met.

Michelle Goeder

Thank you for your kind words Marilee!

Variety of food,don't have to do dishes,good place,& always take care of.

Michelle Goeder

Thank you for your review Tordis!

I give it an A+.Love it!.The staff are great.You would be very happy here.Great staff & lots of fun things to do.

Michelle Goeder

Thank you for the A+ rating John!

I really like it.I love the people ,staff & my apartment.The food is good.There is a lot that you can do.I love the exercise activities.

Michelle Goeder

So glad you are enjoying Genesis Village Glorianne!

The food is very good with a lot of choices!

I like Genesis Village. The people are very friendly. I knew some of the residents before and that helps a lot, but the staff help you feel welcome. The best thing about Genesis Village has to be the people that work here and the people who live here. They are so nice.

It is very nice and the food is very good. Always a lot of choices on what you can have to eat.

Michelle Goeder

Thank you for your feedback and review Dorthea!

It is like family here!

I feel totally comfortable here. This feels like home to me. There is so much going on here that have a lot of choices. There is something for everyone. I love it!

Bingo is my favorite activity because have to much fun here with the residents playing. It is like family here. I feel safe and that I belong here. People care, you are not a number but you are family.

Thank you Charlotte!

Rated #1 and I love the meals, the pool & hot tub and movie theater!

Very friendly and concerned staff and people listen when you have a problem. I don't have to cook, love the meals, don't have to climb stairs, and love the shopping trips. It was rated #1 in Toledo and that is for a reason. Meals are very good, love the pool & hot tub, and the movie theater.

Michelle Goeder

Thank you Ronnie for the wonderful review!

Genesis Village has everything!

I think it's a wonderful place. The staff is amazing and they don't leave anyone out. I think I like best the fact that the atmosphere here is wonderful and people are so kind. Genesis Village has everything....pool, theater, fitness room & the food is amazing. We can't compare Genesis Village to anywhere else. We feel blessed!

Michelle Goeder

Thank you Bill for your kind words!

Everything that we wanted!

Everything has been going great here for me and my loved one. The staff is wonderful and very helpful and good at what they do. They have plenty of things to keep us busy and active. The room and the community is always clean. The food can use a little help, but it is still good.

You gotta see it to believe it! I'm so happy my family found this place for me.

I have looked around at other places & I know that Genesis Village for surpasses all other places.

I like the activities & exercise, you guys do an awesome job & yet you always have that option to take part in.

It's a wonderful place and like they say - you gotta see it to believe it! I am so thankful that my family found this place.

A Good Tour

I thought this community was outstanding, I was trying to get my parents to see it too. After touring I saw that this place is more for people who are independent and able to care for themselves. They have a pool but noticed the dining room was a long way from the rooms.The tour guide was professional and answered all my questions. They took the time to give me answer and gave a thorough tour

You made moving really easy for me!

I really like it here. Everybody is so sweet and kind to me. What a special group of wonderful staff you have. I haven't had to move in 15 years and you have made it really easy for me. I'm really happy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I feel at home here. It was like a homecoming when I moved in.

I LOVE the pool and fitness classes! At Genesis Village it is family operated and is so convenient.

I feel at home here. It was like a homecoming when I moved in. This is the place to come!

You will love it here!

It's great that I do not have to shovel snow or mow the grass. The maintenance of the building is someone else's responsibility and they do cook the meals here for us. We have many group activities and movies, trips for men & women, and restaurant trips. Last spring they went to a ball game and honored the Vets (we have a lot living here) and other events planned for the holidays. Families are encouraged to visit and if you have none, the place is like home....everyone cares about everyone. The staff is great! I love the place! If you have come to look and decided not to come, look again. My husband and I have been here 1 1/2 years and we love it! If you need a hospital stay that's okay, and then they are connected with a home rehab...Laurels of Toledo...my husband went after his hospital stay last year. The place is great and then they can follow you home with PT here, and many senior classes. You will love it here, it's better than home!

Everything is going fine

Everything is going fine with the staff, the facility and the services here. The staff is attentive and helpful. The facility seems to be well run and is always clean and organized and the level of care is excellent. So far so good.

Everyone makes me feel like I'm a part of the family.

I love this place and all of the staff at work here!

I have a nice apartment and was able to bring all of my furniture and I feel like I am in such a sweet spirit filled place.

I love the great food, the exercise programs, the movies they show and how everyone makes me feel like I'm a part of the family.

Staff are great, I love my apartment, residents are great to spend time with, and the food is really good!

The people at Genesis Village make this a great place to be!

The apartments are great, the staff is wonderful, I love the music, exercise has been beneficial and it's an easy place to socialize.

Gentle, quite relaxed atmosphere

Genesis is a great place to volunteer. Gentle, quite relaxed atmosphere,where you can serve others who still have alot to share and give back.

Move in! The name itself is great, just a wonderful place to live.

We have learned a lot and met a lot of great people and they have great staff!

Overall it is wonderful, love the entertainment. Gail loves playing corn toss, shuffleboard and I love the tutoring program for kids.

Move in! The name itself is great, just a wonderful place to live.

At Genesis Village there is freedom, people can do what they want and go where we want. Doesn't matter when, someone is always at the Front Desk.

This is the only place I have ever felt safe because of their 24/7 security.

Very impressed, structure is amazing, and people can pursue their interests. I have wanted for years a place to do my art work and they go out of their way to help you do your hobbies.

Love the free entertainment and I can have my pets! The Art Gallery room and the people are the best part. I thought my years of doing art were over, but now they aren't.

It's nice to be in a nice Christian environment. This is the only place I have ever felt safe because of their 24/7 security. It's a little bit of heaven. We look out for eachother and there's a sense of community.

Even though it's not assisted living, we can still go places and get connected with assistance if needed. We all have opportunities to help each other. Helped get me back on my feet!

There is a feeling of family and community at Genesis Village.

I enjoy all of the opportunities available. There is a feeling of family and community at Genesis Village.

This is the most caring environment for anyone

Genesis Village was a blessing for both my mom and myself. They made us both feel like family from the day I brought her to see it. When I talked to mom about moving to a place of her own, she cried because she thought I was going to send her back to Florida. At that point, she was a little fearful of change, but the staff made sure she kept busy doing things she could do and that made all the difference. She felt wanted and needed again! I will never be able to repay all of the staff for making moms last year great for her.

The best thing about Genesis Village are the staff.

This is the most caring environment for anyone. If I needed help or didn't want to keep up with a house, I would live at Genesis.

The best thing about Genesis Village are the exercise classes and working in the organic garden.

Overall very good and I stay pretty busy with activities and entertainment.

I recommended a friend to Genesis Village and she couldn't be happier with her decision to live in this senior community! By far, the best staff in the industry. Their professionalism and their commitment to the residents is top notch. I would recommend Genesis Village to anyone who's looking. 5 star community!

It will only take one time visiting to convince you to move in!

The staff is friendly and goes over and above what's expected of them.

My favorite thing about Genesis Village is the personalized treatment the residents receive and the friendships that have developed.

You need to see Genesis Village for yourself. It will only take one time visiting to convince them to move in!

I'm a diabetic and there is always a variety of food to choose from!

I love it here! No place is perfect, but this is about as close as you can [removed]

The best thing about Genesis Village is my apartment. I really love it. I don't where Jim hires his staff from, but they are just excellent!

I love the buffet. I'm a diabetic and there is always a variety to choose from.

When you don't have much family around, these people are your family.

It's just wonderful. When you don't have much family around, these people are your family.

The best part about Genesis Village is the Dining Room/Food.

The people and the staff are so caring. The residents look out for you.

I've never been so spoiled in all my life!

I've never been so spoiled in all my life!

The staff members I've interacted with sincerely love the residents and each other!

I think GV is a beautiful senior living option. While I haven't seen any of the living units, the rest of the facility is beautiful! It has such a warm, friendly, and vibrant feel to it. My favorite thing about GV is the people! The staff members I've interacted with sincerely love the residents and each other. I would highly recommend GV to anyone looking for senior living.

This is a 5 star community. It's clean, beautiful, fun, and the people are amazing!!

Genesis is a beautiful facility and has so much to offer! The food is amazing, great fitness class options, a beautiful pool, and wonderful staff!

It's hard to choose what I like best. I love the people there. So kind and lovely. People make a place, and the residents are amazing as well as the staff! But the whole feel of the place when you walk in is very positive and lovely.

This is a great place! A wonderful option to live as you get older. How nice to have wonderful meals prepared, and great activities planned such as fitness, entertainment, and outings. It's great to be in a place you can socialize with others and he atmosphere is fantastic.

Great staff, everyboyd is helpful and I feel safe & secure!

Great staff, everybody is so helpful, you feel safe & secure, staff is fantastic and they go above & beyond. I never worry about being alone.

The best thing about Genesis Village is that I am able to help tutor elementary students, take stretch/balance & yoga, I can watch the deer from my window, and I love Mix It Up Mondays!

I would highly recommend Genesis Village. They are very diverse and a lot of culture.

Great staff, everyboyd is helpful and I feel safe & secure!

At Genesis Village there's always a place for you to fit in and belong.

Our new "family" is amazing! We all seem to blend and everyone just wants you to be welcomed! At Genesis Village there's always a place for you to fit in and belong.

Living at Genesis Village is like being on a never ending cruise!

I would never want to be anywhere else!

I took a tour of Genesis and a week later I was here! That's how sure I was. It's been a true blessing ever since. I would never want to be anywhere else!

Caring Staff and Wonderful Food!

Genesis Village has a caring staff whether it's in the Dining Room or other places in the building. There are people that care everywhere at Genesis Village.

My favorite things are the Atrium, Entertainment and Food.

The food is wonderful and have a variety. I love the activities and everybody is so helpful. All you have to do is ask. So many opportunities to engage in activities.

We love the Fitness Center, Silver Sneakers & Therapy with The Laurels onsite at Genesis Village. They have very competent instructors.

At least 5 stars and have such a happy feeling here!

They should get "at least" 5 stars!

There is such a different feeling at Genesis Village than at other places. I'm not sure where they get such nice [removed]

It is hard to pick just one thing that is my favorite, but I like the musical programs and have a really good feeling here.

I am very happy, feel at home, the staff is unbelievable, so courteous, pleasant, and helpful. You can do what you want to do and come and go as you please.

I just love it here!

I just love it here. I love my new home at Genesis Village!

Genesis Village should get 7 stars!:)

Genesis Village is the best "deal of the day". Nothing else compares to it. I searched and reviewed a lot online.

They are very inviting, welcoming, never have to worry about racism, appreciate the Christian environment, acceptance of visitors, and can bring my "guard dog":)

Moving to a community is a life altering change, but what better place to do it than at Genesis Village!

I LOVE the Fireside Café, "daily adventures" with Life Enrichment and that there is always someone at the front desk 24/7.

It is a wonderful community and the staff is outstanding and do everything possible to make the residents safe and hapy and secure.

The Food is Great and Employees are Wonderful!

Food is great and employees are wonderful. The best thing about Genesis Village are the people, residents and staff.

Genesis Village is relaxing and comfortable.

Genesis Village is relaxing and comfortable. I love the freedom Genesis Village gives me and I am free to be myself.

Food is delicious and Everybody is Friendly

I love my apartment and the layout. The food is delicious and there's always a variety. I love gathering in the Café for coffee and juice. Everybody is friendly and I love getting together/visiting with residents.

About as Perfect as any place can be!

About as perfect as any place can be :)
Very clean and food is great.
Always something to do!
Step in and look around and you'll never leave.
They offer a visiting doctor and therapy in the building which is so convenient.

Best Retirement Community in Toledo!

Super friendly staff, beautiful inside and out with security 24 hours a day. Feels like a big family and you can't beat their prices and amenities!

Comfortable and Happy

My mother is very comfortable and happy here. She loves the cleanliness. It has been working very well. The only constructive criticism I would say is that they need more washing machines for the residents. Other than that we're good. My overall rating of the Genesis Village is 4 1/2 stars. Everything has been going smoothly. I would recommend the Genesis Village if your in the Toledo, OH area. It is a nice place.

Amazing staff and beautiful community!

Fantastic staff and beautiful, classy community. The residents looked so happy and were having a lot of fun.

This is super nice. It has everything I was looking for and is cost effective for mom's budget.

Jessica Blattner

We're so glad you came to see Genesis Village! We hope that all your questions were answered and you could find a solution for your Mom. Thank you for taking the time to review our community and for your feedback on what you found. We hope to continue to work with you and hopefully have your Mom as our newest Genesis Resident!

Toured for Mom, trying to move in myself

The people are great, the building is beautiful, and the food is amazing!! I want to move in and I was just here to tour with my mom. The over night security is top notch and always on the ball. Dan is always there to help!

Jessica Blattner

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback about our community and our team! We are glad you think the food is as delicious as we do; our Residents deserve to be served the BEST! We're happy you were able to see Genesis Village and hope you'll come back!

Review of Genesis Village Independent Living in Toledo, OH

Very warm,friendly and active community. Enjoyed our tour.

Jessica Blattner

We are so glad you enjoyed your tour with us! We love when people who visit are able to see a glimpse of what everyday life is like at Genesis! We're happy you stopped!

Nice looking new community

We toured this community when we were looking into senior loving options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking place, and the staff all seemed very friendly! When we toured this was a brand new community, so the community was not very full yet, but everything we saw looked very impressive!

Jessica Blattner

Thank you for the time you took to give us feedback! We're happy you liked what you saw. The staff love what they do everyday and it shows. We're glad you took the time to tour our community!

I am just so blessed by the staff. I...

I am just so blessed by the staff. I thank God and Jim every day for starting this. Its like living in a Christian community, the staff is so Christ-filled.
Of course, I immediately saw the pool. I am even pleased to go play in the dirt in the garden. Even just pulling weeds makes me feel at home.

Jessica Blattner

Patt, WE are blessed by you and all the other Residents we're privileged to serve each day! Thank you for choosing Genesis Village as your home and for making this community so special; you're a beloved part of what makes GV one-of-a-kind!

Living at Genesis Village is like bei...

Keith Searcy

Thanks for this wonderful comment! We try to offer our residents a resort style living experience and it looks like we hit a home run with you. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself here at Genesis Village...

Toured today with Brenda. P...

Toured today with Brenda. Price is more in line with needs. Definitely on short list

Keith Searcy

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your tour with Brenda and appreciated the value Genesis Village offers. We're thrilled you're considering us for your new home and look forward to seeing you here again.

I am at home. I feel welcome. The r...

I am at home. I feel welcome. The rooms are beautiful and big, and closets are to die for! The view is exquisite, the swimming pool is a delight, and the food is beyond anything that I have had in the last five years. This is a family. Socialization is absolutely amazing, you can sit and talk, play cards, play board games, dominoes. . . . and if you don't know how to play, we will teach you. Even my little dog likes it here.

Keith Searcy

Thank you for your review, Peg. We are pleased that you enjoy the amenities and our welcoming family atmosphere.

I like the food. I like the hospital...

I like the food. I like the hospitality and kindness and the concern. I don't think anyone else can beat the hospitality and concern with the people. I encourage anyone else who is curious to come and be a part of Genesis Village. It's been beautiful being here, so much different than where I was. The concern of the people here is to help you. . . . and it's not commercialized.

Keith Searcy

Thank you for your comments. Our staff really works to make a difference in our residents' lives. We're glad you enjoy Genesis Village and are comfortable here.

What a wonderful place we have here. ...

What a wonderful place we have here. The freedom we have, and everyone is so willing to help you. Everybody is so very happy here.

Keith Searcy

Thanks for commenting. Our caring, friendly staff may be the best thing about Genesis Village, which creates a nice atmosphere. We're glad you agree.

The amenities are outstanding and lik...

The amenities are outstanding and like nothing around. The staff is very friendly and like family. It's like living at a resort!

Keith Searcy

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled that you are having a great experience here at Genesis VIllage and enjoy the family atmosphere of our staff.