There was nothing really wrong with this community. The setting and outside space was great. The staff was friendly and were very accommodating. The size of the apartments were larger than other places and the whole facility was very bright with natural light. I just felt the community was older and a little less active as well there was no assistance at night if needed.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, thank you for visiting Alexis Gardens and leaving us a review on your experience. Our management team is in the community most of the day. All of our residents do have access to Great Call devices that put them in touch with emergency services 24/7. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

We new this was the right place from the beginning

Mom is doing great since moving into this community. The staff are terrific they are accessible and friendly. They have two on site home care services. Mom loves the food and they offer a wide variety of healthy choices. They offer good sized portions. The grounds are beautiful. They have a garden, large walkways and all the rooms have patios. They promote family visiting as they offer a buffet once a month for families. This is an active community and I would recommend it.

Not the best

Some of the staff aren't very friendly and don't talk appropriately to the people that live there. There aren't very many activities carried out even though they're on the schedule. The food has went downhill drastically. Beautiful place if it were ran right

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to thank you for reaching out and providing this feedback. While we're disappointed to hear it, we'd truly like to express our gratitude for sharing your comments. We strive each and every day to deliver an exceptional experience for all our seniors and their families. Anytime a resident or their family member feels otherwise, or expresses we've fallen short of achieving that goal, is a time for us to reflect very seriously on our performance, and how we can better improve. We'd love the opportunity to connect with you directly and learn any additional feedback you may wish to share or feel would be helpful. We invite you to reach out anytime, and hope to hear from you soon, either directly via phone at [removed], or email at [removed]. Thank you so much once again for reaching out, we hope and look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to give us lots of helpful information as well as answer any questions we had for them. I would recommend this place to anyone interested. It was just not the right fit for my wife and I in the end decision.

Extremely knowledgeable staff. Nice open common spaces with lots of natural light. Model room is perfect; available resident rooms not so much. Much smaller, less light. Otherwise, really happy with all services and sense of care they provide. Top choice as of now.

Great facility!!

I had a pleasant experience at this community, the staff gave my loved one and I a great tour and made sure to answer and questions we had for them. They had a clean facility with spacious rooms for all of the residents. I like that the bedrooms where spacious and had a lot of natural light through them.

A nice community

I was wanting to move to a smaller room and they said I would need to pay a community fee and a full month's rent before I could move. A couple of the staff members will get rude with me and the other residents. The rest of the staff seem good. I have let the corporate office know of this. The food is good depending on who is making it. They try to keep the community clean.

Dogs are allowed!!

I really like the apartment that my aunt was able to get at this community, its spacious with a patio door to the outside so she has easy access with her dogs and is able to get some fresh air. The staff has done an overall good job with my aunt I just wish they would help a little more than they do. She has not participated much in the activities but seems to have made a few friends that she really likes.

Staff were very friendly. Our tour guide really made mom feel special. At the end she gave her a little bundle of home made cookies. I thought that was just a very nice, special little touch. After all, it is often the little things that make a difference. Looking down the halls did not remind me of a nursing home. The facility was gorgeous and the rooms we looked at were very nice. We particularly liked the idea of having a balcony, which this place has. One resident told us he really liked it there, but the food could be better. Our lunch, however, was very good.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you so much for leaving us these kind words around your recent tour. We are so happy as well to hear of your delight with the homemade cookies provided by our tour guide - we truly, truly love what we do. Thanks for reaching out and letting us know how your tour went -- we hope to see you again soon!

A Wonderful Community!

Alexis Gardens is a wonderful community! My mom has met so many great people since she moved in. The staff is so helpful and friendly to her. I am happy that mom now calls it home. She loves all the activities and the social time she now has. I would truly recommend Alexis Gardens!

Holiday Retirement

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback. We love what we do, and strive each and every day to create a positive atmosphere for our residents. We are so happy to hear we are hitting the mark! Thank you for your kind words, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

It's Still A New Experience For My Dad

So far my dad is doing fine at this community. He is eating very well and it is a balanced meal. My dad is reasonably happy with the environment and has a very, very helpful friend named, Bob. The community looks posh and is taken well care of. It is also a clean facility and my dad gets weekly room cleaning, no complaints. If one can afford the place, I would recommend it to them.

Holiday Retirement

Thanks for reaching out and sharing this with us, along with the kind words around our community, its cleanliness, and its dining program. Transitions can be difficult for anybody, regardless of the age or stage of life, but we are glad to hear your dad is making friends here and adapting to the changes. As we do with all our residents, we will continue to do our best to serve him and make this next stage of life even more enjoyable and pleasant than the period prior!

Not what it used to be.

My in laws have lived at Alexis Gardens for over a year. It was a difficult decision for them to leave their home of 40 years to come to Toledo, but AG seemed like a very nice place...and initially, it was. But things have definitely taken a downward turn over the past several months. Below is a summary of some of the issues:

-The quality of food has greatly diminished, after a petition circulated, the corporate chef came in to hear the complaints first hand, so time will tell whether there will be improvements.

-The housekeeping is lacking - 20 minutes to change linens, dust, vacuum and clean a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment is not adequate, no matter how efficient the staff (and it definitely reflects "light housekeeping"). The general areas are kept clean and tidy, including the dining room, halls and laundry rooms.

-My in laws did receive a rather large rent increase at their one year anniversary (they are very private with their finances, so I can't say exactly what they are paying), but when they complained to the local manager, the increase was reduced some.

-A large, beautiful spruce tree was taken down by the weather last winter, and was never replaced, leaving a gap in the landscape as well as a much less appealing view.

-Finally, the only elevator has been out for several days now. The management reports "a nationwide search" for the necessary part, meanwhile, residents that are not able to negotiate stairs are confined to their own floor. Meals are being brought up to individual apartments, but socialization plays such an important role for the elderly.

I will be happy to update this review, as circumstances improve, but as it stands right now, I cannot recommend this residence.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you for reaching out and sharing such detailed feedback about your experience with Alexis Gardens. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service, and reaching out with comments such as yours is critical to that effort. My name is Katie and I work for Holiday in the home office. We would like very much the opportunity to connect with you regarding your parent's experience and provide our assistance in finding and achieving resolution. I've sent your comment on to our resident relations team, which has great experience in doing just that, and who can also be reached at [removed] - we hope to hear from you soon, so we can better work on improving your parent's work and on changing this 2 star review to a 5 star!

Too much like a nursing home...not at all interested

Holiday Retirement

Thank you very much for sharing these comments; although we would have preferred you to form a different, more positive opinion on our community, we do appreciate you taking the time to reach out and share your feedback with us!

Review of Alexis Gardens - Toledo, OH

Great staff! My parents love Alexis Gardens!! They are like an extension to our family!

Holiday Retirement

This is so wonderful to hear, thank you for reaching out and sharing! We love our residents and their families (so much!), and look forward to continuing to serve your parents!

Alexis Gardens is a beautiful and loving facility. My mom wasn't fortunate enough to have been able to stay more than a week due to health issues. In that short week she found peace and made new friends. Thank you to the staff you are a wonderful group of people. And made the whole family feel welcomed. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

Thank you for all your help with my mom.

God bless you all!

It is very nice. She is very happy there.

It is very nice. She is very happy there. Everything that was printed was true and positive. It's a very nice place I would recommend them to anyone. They are very cooperative. If anything comes up they do a very good job.

Holiday Retirement

We are so pleased to hear that you are pleased with us! We love what we do, and look forward every day to getting to see our residents and serve them. Thank you for reaching out, and for your kind words and encouragement!

So far so good

It is going great. So far so good. I do not have any complaints at all. This is a great facility.

Recent move in of mother with start of dementia

The value is great. All meals are included in the cost. We and my mother wish there was a little more flexibility about meal times but that is a small concession. They do not provide rides to church on Sundays, but do have different services for different faiths. All public areas are clean and well lit. The dining area is large and clean. They have extra activities such as movie night and even had a Polka band there one evening. They have a home health care group onsite also and at $5 a visit for med supervision, you can't do much better.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Alexis Gardens has been a very good one, overall! The staff here is friendly and professional, and they were a huge help during the placement process. We were working within a very limited time frame and they really helped keep things moving. They've also been very accommodating of her needs, and had an elevated toilet and grab bars installed only a few days after she moved in. It's just a very nice place overall, and I could tell even from the tour that the people here were happy and well cared for!

New Beginnings

Moved my dad to Alexis Gardens first of June. He is so happy there, with delicious meals prepared 3 times a day, lots of activities and a new circle of friends! Management was great to work with as we were making arrangements and selecting a unit, doing so over the phone and with family visiting the site as dad and I were in California at the time.

An excellent place!

This is an excellent place. My mother in law has been here for a month or 2. The facility is clean. The food is great. I would recommend this to anyone searching for a place. We haven't had any issues at all. It has been excellent. This is a great community. We are just very happy with it. Everything has been going perfect. My mother in law is happy here.

Very nice place, and the staff was friendly. The food was very good. The apartments were roomy, and the one we liked has a great view, nice bathroom that would be very easy to get in and out of with a wheelchair. This place is now on our short list for choice to move into.

Nice place, overall

Overall things are going well with Alexis Gardens! The staff is friendly and professional, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. The only issue we're having are the restrictive meal times, they are not working well with my loved one's schedule and ability to get to and from the dining room. They are working with us on it, but we have no reached a solution yet.

We really like the Alexis Gardens

We really like the Alexis Gardens as they are close to where we are living. The layout of the community is also very nice as they have a lot of outdoor area which allows for people to take walks around the community or enjoy the local nature. The staff are very friendly and stay in contact with us monthly about the various activities that they are having. The rooms are also quite nice with a modern feel to them.

The BEST!

My grandmother moved to Alexis Gardens this past December and couldn't be happier! The staff is so warm and the overall atmosphere is uplifting. She loves the food, the housekeeping and all the activities. She said it's like being on a cruise! I

Nice place and friendly staff, a few issues

Overall I think they do a good job at Alexis Gardens. The staff here are very friendly, and for the most part have been helpful and accommodating. However we've run into some issues where their hands have been tied due to corporate policy. It isn't their fault, but it has lessened our experience somewhat.

Seems like a nice place

Overall things seem to be going well at Alexis Gardens! It's a nice looking place and everyone seems very friendly. My loved one really seems to be enjoying herself, and I haven't heard any complaints from her!

We have no concerns with them.

We have no concerns with them. Just as an overall it's great. It's kept nice and clean, and the staff is friendly. We haven't had any issues with them at all. We are pretty happy with them.

Review of Alexis Gardens Independent Living in Toledo, OH

Great place and great people

Nice looking place!

We're very pleased with how things have gone so far with Alexis Gardens! I'd give them top marks across the board! It's a nice looking place, and the staff all seem very friendly and competent. One of the things that drew us to this place was that when we toured we saw a lot of residents out and about. I was also impressed by what I saw of the food!

We just toured this community, but there were a few things that struck me as odd. This is an independent community, but there are no functional kitchen or even kitchenettes in the rooms. The desk staff leaves at 8:00 and there is nobody there at night. This didn't seem like a good situation to us.

Loved the location and the ...

Loved the location and the facility. Price is ok for the studio apt. Toured with Dennis

Very Accomodating!

Alexis Gardens is a Holiday community, and they were so accomodating! My loved ones were moving to a different state, but I wanted them to see this place first! The staff all knew that my loved ones were not going to move in to this particular location, but they were accomodating anyway! They gave my loved ones a meal, showed us around, and told us all about their programs and that they have their managers on site. I was sold by Holiday communities!

the place really is nice just a few ...

the place really is nice just a few minor problems that were worked throygh

3 Meals Daily

Everything they advertise is only a fraction of what they truly offer; they are just so great they go beyond what they said they will do. They have made it a great experience for my mom, they introduce her to other residents and they make sure she is socializing with other residents really making her feel more comfortable here. She has not participated in a lot of activities but the more comfortable she gets the more she participates, they just have so many things to do. They serve 3 meals a day and the food is good and I like it, but my mom some times doesn’t like it, she use to be a cook so she is a little picky. From the moment we walked in to Alexis Gardens my mom liked it, it is painted in cheerful warms colors and does not feel like an institution. The exterior has a nice sidewalk that goes around the entire community and they have these gardens were residents can plant some things. We are very happy and my mom is very happy.

wonderful facility, onsite managers l...

wonderful facility, onsite managers live there, 3 meals per day, $2945 but could discount

Wonderful place. I think this may be...

Wonderful place. I think this may be the one. The rooms were spacious and residents can smoke there.

Loved 1br most had balcony, all inclu...

Loved 1br most had balcony, all inclusive meals/cable, transportation.

Beautiful place. I felt that the resi...

Beautiful place. I felt that the residents were much older than me and I don't want to eat in a large dining room. I still can cook for my self and want to remain independant as long as I can. There was no place for my grandchildren to stay if they wanted.

Nice place. Can't get dad or mom to v...

Nice place. Can't get dad or mom to visit.

No in room full kitchen or washer and...

No in room full kitchen or washer and dryer. Staff was outstanding--really nice people. 2 bedroom was preferred layout. Didn't like hotel style heating/cooling units in each room.

Did not have nursing on site

Did not have nursing on site

Thought it was nice but expensive to ...

Thought it was nice but expensive to a certain extent.... rooms are very nice & practicable and seems like an uplifting place to live!

Wonderful place. I think this may be...

Wonderful place. I think this may be the one we pick. The rooms were spacious and my Dad can smoke there.

Nestled on beautiful grounds in a quiet corner of Toledo, you’ll love the elegance of our facilities and the convenience of the nearby community. We’re just minutes from shopping, dining, healthcare and many wonderful area attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind