Garden of Palms - West Hollywood, CA

Every aspect of living at Garden of Palms has been planned to ensure maximum enjoyment and comfort...We provide an enriching lifestyle that enhances both the physical and emotional well-being of our residents. A warm attractive setting, marvelous meals, supportive programs, security and outstanding social activities are only a few of the features that make ours an extraordinary retirement community.

Garden of Palms offers unique programs:

Independent Living - Seniors can enjoy their lifestyle while we tend to housekeeping, laundry, meals and other services which residents relish.

Assisted Living - Seniors needing support are given assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing, personal hygiene and escorting.

Special Care Program - Offers a caring, safe and cheerful environment to individuals with frailty or cognitive impairments. Specialized assistance and supervision are provided twenty-four hours a day by sensitive staff in secure surroundings.

Wellness Program - Coordinates comprehensive quality health care on the premises from qualified and caring health professionals.

I toured this community

When I toured this place the staff was nice and answered all my questions. It looked clean and kept up. The parking sucked here. I did get a warm feeling there. I observed a caregiver singing to the resident which was nice. The price just wasn't right for us and we had to go elsewhere.

Wasn't Going To Be For My Mother At All

The community was nice very nice staff. However, from what I was told the residents that lived there were primarily of the Jewish Faith and the community would not celebrate any of the other holidays such as Christmas which is my moms favorite holiday. So with that being said even though the staff was nice and it looked like a decent community the fact she would have to sacrifice her holidays wasn't going to be an option for us.

the decor and ambiance of this facility is just really nice

My parents have been very happy with Garden of Palms so far. The staff is really friendly and supportive. They are booked so don't try to get anyone in there too soon. They are a smaller facility so the people get to know each other a little better. The staff is very responsive. There is always room for improvement in the service industry. But I looked at some other places and this was far above any of them. The decor and ambiance of this facility is just really nice.

Like Family

Feel very lucky and treat mom like family, food is very good and very happy with the place.

A great place for our Mom

I am so thankful for the executive director and the entire staff at the Garden of Palms. They were very compassionate with the placement of our mom for alzheimers/dementia. I feel they treat the patients with so much care and respect,they feel like family. My mom is happy there,she enjoys the activities and we are notified and invited to special events as well. They keep us informed of how she is doing.It is a beautiful facility, great food by their chef and medical needs are taken care of as needed.My mom has been taken on a walk outside and been taken down to their beauty parlor for a haircut. If all facilities were as great as the Garden of Palms,people would not be afraid of having to place their loved ones when the time comes.

We are pleased with the place.

We are pleased with the place. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. They are keeping us informed all the time on what's going on. It looks like everything is working out. They have games, and activities, I'm not sure how much our loved one is participating, but it's offered.

I moved my parents here from Florida ...

I moved my parents here from Florida after visiting many places. I needed a Kosher place, which took my parent's long term insurance, close to me. Garden of Palms fit the bill. I love the staff and so do they. They are caring, and warm, and kind. The food is great, and made fresh daily. The front desk is very welcoming. The activities director is great, and goes beyond. The director made it possible for me to move my parents easily, and even furnished their rooms. Yes, rooms. She made two rooms for them. She also helped me greatly with their long term insurance which can be very difficult. It was! The help are really caring, and very diversified. This place allows my parents to stay together, even though my mom has beginning dementia. I can't say enough good things about the Garden of Palms. If you're lucky enough to get in, you won't be sorry.

Good things do come in small packages

My mother previously lived at a large, expensive assisted living facility. Garden of Palms is a small community. The staff are nice and helpful. The chef makes delicious soups, which are served at lunch and dinner. The meals are small and are generally better than the meals at the expensive facility. There are a variety of activities My mother did not participate in anything at the other (fancy, expensive) place. Here, she participates more. The smaller environment is better for my mother. There is a lovely courtyard with a fountain, a small library area, and a movie room. The director, Murielle, is very caring and helpful. The place doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside is very pleasant and they always have beautiful fresh flowers. The rate is very fair and they do not try to stick you with additional costs, which is very nice.

very impressed with the staff and care

very impressed with the staff and care

Very nice place

I've really been impressed with the service here, they do everything well! The facility itself is clean and well kept, the staff are all very friendly and professional, and the services they provide to the residents are great. I would recommend it as a place to look into!

This was a beautiful facili...

This was a beautiful facility, I could see that the patients were well taken care of. Even though they did not have a vacancy at the time of our tour, Murielle was extremely helpful and spent almost an hour with us. The facility far exceeded my expectations of a memory facility.

Not An Option

I thought that was horrible. It just seemed like more of a skilled nursing facility than anything else. It was dark and dreary and I didn't really care for the lady that I spoke with. I didn't like that she was saying negative things about other places. It would have been very depressing for my mother to go there. It was just not an option. I would never have taken my mother to see that place.

Good overall vibe - very cl...

Good overall vibe - very clean and tidy - jewish community - will mom be ok there? $3500 with bathing and meds - $1500 deposit could be $3000 if bathing and meds not needed

Nice staff, helpful, new di...

Nice staff, helpful, new director is personable, well-run facility with good communication between staff and resident's family. Food is boring and repetitive.

Very Experienced Staff!

I picked Garden of Palms becuase everyone has worked there for a really long time. There is no one inexperienced there. The person that has worked there the least amount of time has been there for 5 years - that's the chef. They know what they're doing and really care.

I don't know a lot about the activities because my mom doesn't really participate, but it seems like they have a lot to offer.

This would have been a grea...

This would have been a great place for them......but again, they are not licensed correctly to take my parent's long term care policy....

not bad

not bad

We were really impressed by this plac...

We were really impressed by this place. Director is a love.