Kingsley Manor - Los Angeles, CA

Stylish urban surroundings, inspiring diversity and peaceful comfort – that’s the Kingsley Manor difference. Kingsley Manor Retirement Community is idyllic senior living in Hollywood. Nestled in the quiet paradise of a lush garden-lined setting, our retirement community offers independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing care with easy access to the best attractions Los Angeles has to offer right outside your door. Far from the responsibilities of home ownership, cooking and chores, you can be as active as you want to be with plenty of time to enjoy your hobbies, discover a new talent and spend time with friends and family.

I toured this community

This was a really great. But actually it was too big for my mom. The location wasn't great either. But you had to qualify to live there and had to prove you could live there for 3 years and after the math ended up being 120,000 dollars and I'm sorry that was out of our budget range. We chose another community.

Everybody involved was cheerful and helpful.

Tremendous Staff

We had recently moved my dad from another local, senior community. The previous community had a very high staff turn-over rate and the senior most administrators were frequently ill informed as to my dad's medical needs and requirements.
My brother and I agreed that the quality of senior staff members and a clear line of communication were tantamount to my dad's wellbeing.
We have found that, at Kingsley Manor. Jeannie (Director of Sales) and Shaun (Executive Director) are both conscientious, attentive, and adaptive. They treat our dad as an individual (not as a tenant or client). They understand that each resident enters with a lifetime of patterns, habits, and quirks. They've been pliant on structures and formalities that have allowed our dad to acclimatize to his new surroundings.
Listen... our dad is still not comfortable with the idea of living in a senior facility (most wont be). He feels he's too young and too independent. He worries that senior living is a place that "old people go to die." It's a scary time for him. But the executive staff at Kingsley are cognizant of these fears and they seem eager to quell them within their abilities. For us, that's huge.
My brother and I are grateful to both Shaun and Jeannie for there continued help and kindness.

I think it's the best senior center in Los Angeles.

The grounds are just beautiful and impeccable, it looks like a picture frame with gardens in the center. The staff is very receptive. It's very clean. The staff is good depending on who you talk to. Mostly everyone is very nice, but there have been one or two incidents where, I have been frustrated with the caregiving staff. They are insistant that his medications be taken. He is happy there. The requests that the family makes don't get the response we want, but if he needs anything they help right away. I think it's the best senior center in Los Angeles.

They Could Do A Lot Better

If your loved one is not outgoing by nature this is not the place for them. If they are a late sleeper forget it. Food will not be kept warm for them until the end of breakfast. (There's not much a variety in the menu either.) Activity-wise there isn't a great variety of them that allow residents to be very social other then Bingo once a week. My mother holed up as a result. I gave plenty of suggestions but they fell on deaf ears. Their rates for basic assistance were so high they charged up the wazoo for me to bring in my own person for 2 hours a day and had an attitude the whole time. The cleaning people were average though the lobby was always clean. When it was time for my Mom to move into Assisted Living they charged us for the month she would not be be living there though the contract stated that in these situations that would not be an issue. My Mom liked the other residents and the racial diversity but that's about it. It should also be noted that their group entertainment does not showcase the diversity of the residents or Los Angeles as a whole. I was surprised to learn that the residential Assisted Living I found for my mother was MUCH cheaper then if she had stayed at Kingsley.

I Would Live Here Myself

Very different type of facility. HUGE facility that has a lot of outdoor space with all kinds of gardens. The rooms are really giant with crown moldings. The dining room was lovely, and they had a library. It reminded me of very old Hollywood. It was not well suited for my aunt, though. She would have been lost there. It would be very good for someone who is either completely independent, or at a very high level both cognitively and physically. For some of the apartments, walking to the dining room would have been your daily exercise. I myself would have loved to live there. For the right person, it would have been beautiful!