Melrose Gardens - Los Angeles, CA

New Lease on Life

I moved my mother from out of state to Melrose Gardens. She was in an Assisted Living in New York and doing very poorly but was there to be with her sister. But at almost 90 and struggling with daily health issues it was time to move her closer to us so we could manage her needs more closely. It was very concerning for us to split up these sisters but it had to be done. She has been at Melrose Gardens for nearly 4 months and has gained an entirely new lease on life. Initially the transition was difficult as mom was insecure about her needs being met and the timing of the caregivers etc. She is rather needy in that she is wheelchair bound and vision impaired. So there was an initial anxiety. But as the weeks turned into months not only did her anxiety dissipate, she began to really bloom and prosper. [name removed] the director took great care in placing mom with some like-minded and cognitively similar ladies to sit with in the dining room. They have grown into a fabulous and lively group of friends. This has opened up her world. Just the other day after a few doctors’ appointments and a late lunch mom was not hungry for dinner. I asked her if she was just going to stay in her room since she did not want to eat. She energetically told me that she needed to go to dinner to catch up on the day with her friends. I was amazed.
The wellness director is totally on top of any health related issues, I feel like I can finally breath, knowing that a caring professional is really on the case. The staff is gold. The caregivers and Medtechs really care and treat the residence with love and kindness. You can feel that it’s a happy place when you walk in. Smiling friendly faces…and you know their jobs are NOT easy. Very, very different from mom’s last assisted living. So I KNOW the difference. My mother has macular degeneration so has always struggled with activities. When she first arrived she did not want to participate in art classes and the like. The activity directors thoughtfully encouraged her and drew her out to participate. She is now painting us pictures every week and LOVING it. When mom arrived she could barely put one foot in front of the other – virtually completely immobile. She has walked more in the last month than she has in the last three years. I am very grateful to [name removed] and his staff for bringing my mom back to life!!!

I am familiar with this facility and the quality is not what we're looking for

Absolutely Perfect!

I would give 10 stars if I could! The staff has very caring, loving, people, who are attentive and always have wonderful, positive attitiudes and are smiling no matter the situation. It has a wonderful, home-y atmosphere, always. The receptionist Jackie is phenomenal! There is always plenty of staff there to make sure that if anyone needs help, it won't be more than a moment. My father has been there about 3 months, and we couldn't be happier. They have competitive rates and do things to go above and beyond and don't charge for every little thing. They take care of all needs, have an intercom system to remind him of activities, and they always have something going on. It's wonderful place if you want a place that feels like home and you don't need to worry about their needs being met.

I would absolutely recommend this place

My mother has been there almost 2 months. She seems to be very happy. The staff is fabulous. The food is fine. The place is really great for the money. It's a great value. I would absolutely recommend this place. Juan, the director is very manageable, very friendly, and very warming. It has been a great experience. My mother really enjoys it here. It's a nice place.

Very caring staff, excellent communication, affordable cost

They're fabulous.

The executive director is hands on, and she always calls me back within a few hours, even to set an appointment or get someone else to handle my call.

My mother's doctor has a number of patients there, and he says that there is no other place that he knows of, where people get as good care.

At the last place where she stayed it was far more expensive, and my mother didn't get anywhere near as good care.

When I can't get over there, I don't worry, because I know that my mother is getting excellent care and that they notify me whenever there is a problem.

Just right nice property. S...

Just right nice property. Smaller community only 39 residents just like mom likes but rooms a little too small and just out of our price range.

Really liked the facility

Really liked the facility

Assisted Living and Memory Care.

Assisted Living and Memory Care.

Melrose Gardens assisted living facility in Los Angeles is a unique, vibrant retirement community for adults seeking a healthy, dynamic and satisfying retirement lifestyle. We provide the comfort and independence of an upscale residence with the safety and security of round-the-clock support. Our sensitive, professional staff provides tenderness and compassion, along with specialized assistance and supervision, in a secure, homelike setting.