Evergreen Retirement Residence - Burbank, CA

Our retirement community offers assisted living services to meet the individual needs of our residents. Our philosophy is based upon the fact that, as individuals age, their needs increase but should not have to sacrifice comfort and enjoyment. We expand our services to meet each individuals requirements and needs.

A care plan is developed with the aid of the resident which coordinates a range of services to support the resident's independence, self-direction and participation in decisions.

Our community offers a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere for our residents, their families and friends. We invite you to come for a visit and take a tour of our home. You can then speak with our staff and residents and view first hand the tranquil, quiet and safe surroundings that we offer.

Old looking facility.

This was a fairly nice facility when I toured, but the facility looked and felt very old, which we did not particularly like.

A wonderful community

The staff are very caring and take good care of the residents. My friend likes the food and they offer a variety of choices. They have daily activities and the community is well taken care of. This community is in a good location and I would recommend it.

Over The Top Staff!!

The Evergreen Retirement Residence has been a great experience for my father. He is really enjoying the bingo night and exercise programs. My father is really enjoying the meals at this continuity which says a lot since my father can be picky with his meals. He is also really enjoying the open space where he could ride his scooter. The overall appearance of the facility could use some improvement. I wish they would communicate with me a bit more.

In One Day

My brother stayed for one day and it did not work out. My brother needed to sit up but they bed they had was a flat, twin bed for him. They were unable to move him from his bed to wheelchair. He was not properly assessed to determine if they were a good fit. The place does look clean and nice but they just did not meet our level of care.

I was not impressed with Evergreen!!

This was not a very nice community. The building is older, seemed run down as well as dated and old. The location was not good as it was next to a freeway overpass. The building was also behind larger buildings. The room they showed us was awful. The residents looked ok, however I would not have placed a loved one here.

I Had A Nice Tour

There are nice people here with staff that seemed to care and it is family owned. It is farther from me and I didn't like where some of the rooms were facing. It was by the biggest boulevard and faced the 134 freeway. A little noisy and in urban areas for my mom to get comfortable. The tour guide did a good job and she was a nice lady.

Professional and Friendly

My mother does not speak English, but the staff members there are so nice and they are detail-oriented and very professional and friendly that it does not matter much. Everything is so good there and she is so happy.

loved this place, Thank you, was looking for a place close to home, my mom is moving from 80 miles away to 5 minutes away ;), Claudia was very informative I had a lot of questions and she answered them all, it was clean, the people that lived there had smiles on their faces and that was a big plus. Thank you again

very very nice

I spend a lot of time at Evergreen Retirement Residence visiting my father in law, and they do an excellent job. Every once in a while he gets a little disoriented, and any time that happens they call us immediately. They are very good at communication and keeping us informed. As far as I am concerned, they are very nice and very attentive. The nurses and all their staff really pay great attention to the residents. I find them very very nice. They are very on top of things and do an excellent job.

Worked out pretty well for my 92 year...

Worked out pretty well for my 92 year old Mother. Was a pretty good value for the $$. People were very friendly there.

Good Food, Small Rooms

I liked Evergreen. Their food was decent but my sister didn't like the size of the rooms.

Mom Was Happy for Years!

My mom was happy there for years! What I liked is it was clean and the staff is very friendly and open. I like that she got her own room there. they made the bed everyday and they did her laundry. There were activities for her to participate in. They had bingo, some exercise, a trip a couple times a week to the 99 cent store or target or wherever. They had movie time and things like that. When she got in to Alzheimer's we had to look for something that could care for that.

Completely Satisfied

I'm completely satisfied. I like that it's friendly and they have a community dining room and a variety of food and they'll give you seconds if necessary.

Nice feeling

We chose it because of the location, the price, and we liked the staff. He's adjusting to it, he was having a hard time intially but he's liking it more so now. He usually goes with them if they go to target or the museum or things like that. The staff is really good and a lot of the residents are very nice and friendly, it's just a nice feeling when you walk through the door.

My mother-in-law doesn't participate in them but I know there are a good activities available. They're really fantastic and on top of themselves. We are not in the same town and they really know her and they're really on top of their communication with us. Both my husband and I feel lucky. The only negative is that my mother-in-law gets really cold and they won't let them put an electric heater in their rooms. They said it's a code thing. There is no thermostat that she can turn up either so we can't get her warm.

#1 if larger suite available. Dogs o...

#1 if larger suite available. Dogs okay. The Director was great. Surrounded by upscale shopping and restaurants.

has all needs

has all needs

I liked the director. We liked that ...

I liked the director. We liked that this was a small family owned operations. We liked the place and it is in our favorite neighborhood. We love Toluca Lake! But again I have to find the best fit for my Mom. They have the smallest rooms and the highest price. Mom will not go for the cheap wardrobe. Built in closets are a must. Once again, they have bathtubs without the cut out. Even though I was told that the a cut out could be arranged, falling is the number one risk to our "Adults" and I can't put my mother in anywhere that doesn't recognize that. I'm so sorry to the director too because I really, really thought this would be the place. But it's not. Thank you for your time and help!