The Cottages at Melrose Gardens - West Hollywood, CA

A Special Community

This is a really special community it is a wonderful place. My mother is doing very well so far and I am very pleased with all they have done for us. Very smooth transition moving into the community. The community is very neat and clean. We had a party for her and they provided all the food and it was excellent. She enjoys the music activities. I looked at a lot of places and this one was by far the best we looked at.

Best Memory Care Facility

I can not say enough accolades about this wonderful place. My mother is an early stage Dementia patient. She was withdrawn and unhappy at home even though she had wonderful round the clock care. She was very agitated at home. Since coming to Melrose Gardens she is a new person. The staff is amazing especially the Director Ron. She is talking much more and participating in activities. It is truly a miracle. This facility is very very special and unlike any other. I can't thank the staff enough.

I just do not have enough information right now. It is really new for my parents. So far they have been good.

My aunt seems happy

My aunt seems happy. It's just very hard to reach her. There's one telephone and you have to explain to them who you are. They ask you to callback and they're at lunch. It's short staffed. There's no individual phone in my loved ones room. That's my biggest complaint. I can't reach her. The parking is also challenging. You have to call in advance. It's not easy to visit. Whenever I do get a hold of the right person they say my aunt is doing well. (Care Services & Activities Not Applicable)

everything was fine

The registration process and everything was fine, all done quickly and on time. However, we had paid up front for the whole month and my father ended up only staying there for a day before he had some issues and had to move out. We are still waiting for a response back from them regarding the finances of the situation.

not a very good experience

My husband had dementia. He was very thin and could hardly walk. They said that eh had to go to a psychiatric ward because he struck out at one of the care givers. I begged them to work with me to get him the care he needed outside of going to a psychiatric ward, but they refused. I think they grossly exaggerated the incident since he had trouble even moving, and I would expect them to be better able to deal with dementia patients. I really don't have much good to say about The Cottages at Melrose Gardens.

Personal touches from Monah...

Personal touches from Monah...regarding getting ppl to eat. Didn't smell. Able to bring in own furniture for personal touches. Good activities board. Biggest concern was why the place overall was so quiet. No one was talking except the caregivers. Almost to quiet. Unsettling as music or noise calms ppl. Why is everyone so quiet?

A very well run and beautif...

A very well run and beautiful facility, very friendly and knowledgeable staff. We were fortunate to observe some of the residents participating in one of the many activities offered here. The rooms were just like home. It was obvious that the residents are very well taken care of. My relative was interviewed at the hospital where she was currently residing to determine if she would be a good fit for the facility. The only down side to this experience is that we were not notified directly by the Manager as to the outcome of that interview.Unfortunately we are still looking.

Just a lovely place

I recently helped my friend find a place for his mother, who is memory-impaired.

We looked at half a dozen places. Some were tolerable, some were disgusting. The Cottages at Melrose Gardens were lovely, peaceful, clean, well designed, pleasant, respectful, organized, and charming. Flowers and art everywhere. The staff, especially Mona, were lovely and professional.

It's a great comfort to my friend to know that his mother will be well cared for, safe, respected, entertained, and encouraged to retain all the skills and independence she can.

It's a hard thing to need such help, but it's good to know it's there. I highly recommend that anyone in the Los Angeles area who needs a safe, peaceful place for a loved one check out the Cottages at Melrose Gardens.

Same as Melrose Gardens...loved them ...

Same as Melrose Gardens...loved them both.

The Cottages at Melrose Gardens

When disorientation and memory loss begin to affect a person’s life, basic needs become ever more complex. At The Cottages Alzheimer’s Program, we provide a gentle, compassionate environment that minimizes confusion while maximizing security, health and enjoyment of life.

Welcome Home

From the moment you enter The Cottages, you’ll appreciate our unique sensibility. Our gracious residences on a tree-lined residential street exude Southern California warmth and hospitality, with light and airy rooms, tasteful common areas and an inviting, secure garden. We provide the comfort and independence of an upscale home, with the safety and security of round-the-clock support.

Our residence is comprised of people who share similar strengths and challenges, thus creating an environment of comfort and acceptance. Within our congenial community, health-enhancing programs are individually tailored to each resident’s physical and emotional circumstances. When needs change, our professional staff is on hand 24/7 to monitor and cater to our residents’ evolving requirements. We confer with your family and loved ones, physicians and supplemental healthcare providers to develop the most informed, compassionate course of action at all times.

Simply the Best

Please visit us at Melrose Gardens and see for yourself why we are so proud of our beautiful setting, and so highly regarded in the community for our compassionate resident care and unsurpassed service. Our location in the heart of the Melrose area is convenient to all of LA, making it easy to weave visits with your loved one into your busy life. Ultimately, their ongoing happiness is the most important thing… for them, for you and for us.