Brookdale Apple Valley - Apple Valley, CA

Brookdale Apple Valley - Apple Valley, CA has yet not published prices.

Smaller facility but not as many activities

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. This is a nice community but not as nice as some of the others I toured. The reason why I liked this facility is that it’s smaller and my mom wouldn’t have gotten lost. However, it just wasn’t the perfect fit for her. The building is well kept and the rooms have a kitchenette in them. All of the residents I saw seemed to be really happy but they didn’t have very many activities to do. The person who gave me the tour was very nice and knew everyone by name. I would recommend this facility to other families.

I liked living here

I lived here at Brookdale for 5 years. It is a nice place. They had good caregivers and they work hard. I had a lot of friends here. It was always nice and clean. I would recommend this community. It just got to expensive for me so I had to go elsewhere.

Not the right fit

Brookdale Apple Valley was a nice tour. The staff was friendly and helpful when they gave the tour. It was not as immaculate as what we were looking for. And we needed something that would be a better fit for our budget.

Very clean with nice size rooms. Lots of amenities

Value for care

We toured this community for care. It is expensive but if you have the cash it looks like a good place.

Beautiful community

Brookdale Apple Valley is a very nice facility. It was a good fit for my mother because she requires memory care and can't be in an apartment by herself. It's definitely a good option for a senior who is more independent.

I am very happy with them. We like it.

I am very happy with them. We like it. The people have been really impressive, the staff there is wonderful. We haven't had any complaints at all. The food and activities are good. So far so good. And I really got to shout out to the staff.

Nice community but on the expensive side.

We toured this community when looking for my father.The staff was very friendly and it was a nice community. The reason we didn't choose them is they are not as affordable as other communities in the area.

My Tour Insight

I took this tour awhile ago but it was a nice place to visit. It would have been a suitable community for my loved one. It felt a little more institutional.

Looks can be Deceiving!

The community is lovely. However the staff was not helpful at all. There were certain things that the staff needed to do for my loved one and it never got done. The director kept telling me that they were understaffed and I feel that, that is not my problem. The communities job is to take care of my loved one. They left my loved one without being turned and fed properly. Me and my family would have to go to Brookdale Apple Valley everyday to make sure that our loved one was getting fed. Also the Director seemed hesitant about working with certain people that I had requested. I would not recommend this place.

Really liked it a lot. Nice facility, friendly people and affordable.

One Of My Tours

I took a tour of this community and it was a little nicer than other places. Everything seemed to be nice and I was able to meet with the director who was informative. It was too expensive for my budget.

This Community Is Wonderful

It is a beautiful community with great staff that care for my mom and they keep the community looking very clean. Everyone is nice around the community and my mom is having a beautiful, wonderful experience. A Place For Mom has been wonderful and I appreciate how much they truly care about us. I would absolutely recommend this place!

Relaxing Community

I really like this community it is a great place to move to. I have a friend that I knew already so that helped make the transition to the community easy. I looked at a few other communities and this one was the best. The food is great they have a good chef. I enjoy porker night and swimming in the pool. They are very attentive to me and always there when I need them.

I have not had any problems with them

I have not had any problems with them. The staff is professional, the facility is well maintained and kept, and the food is good. Not bad for a retirement home. So far we are very pleased with Brookdale.

I Would Live There Myself

There food is excellent. But they could use some more shrimp, everybody loves shrimp. The only thing that bothered me is that I was on a texting basis with one of the directors, and when my mom died it would have been nice for them to contact me after, because she was only there for a week and when she passed I never heard anything from them. I would have loved to live there myself.

very friendly

I thought they were very good. Everyone there at Brookdale Apple Valley was very friendly.

Nice place!

Our experience with Brookdale Apple Valley has been a good one so far. It's a nice looking place, and the office staff are always ready and willing to answer any questions you have. My loved one hasn't been here long, but all of the longer term residents I've spoken with seemed happy and had no complaints!

Enjoying it

So far I am enjoying it. They have a lot of activities. Everyone is very friendly, very nice, and chordal. I am very impressed with the Brookdale Apple Valley. It has been great. It's nice and clean. The residents are very welcoming. It has been a good experience. They are also very accommodating. They will help you out a lot. This is a very nice community.

A very nice community

This is a very nice community. I would like to live there instead of my father. The facility is very clean. They have fun activities. I would highly recommend the Brookdale Apple Valley. It is such a nice community.

i do recommend this place it is good on value and the staff takes care of your loved one with love i gave the community a over all rating of a 5 star rating i think the staff is very very friendly i gave the friendliness a 5 star rating as well

Very nice place!

So far my loved one really seems to be enjoying himself here! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a lot of different services they provide to their residents. My loved one has had good things to say about the food, and likes how diligent they are when it comes to the room cleaning and laundry services.

Lovely but more costly for our needs. Friendly, clean, well appointed atmosphere.

Everyone is very friendly. This ...

Everyone is very friendly.

This is my first experience with an assisted care facility so I don't have a lot to compare it to.

My mother says that everyone is always very mindful of her, very willing to help, very kind.

For those who participate, the activities are great. There are five or six activities every day, some in the facilities, some outside. In house they have Wii bowling, five card draw poker, exercise classes, bingo, scheduled trips to Balboa Island and Glen Ivy Health Spa. They have movie nights, with popcorn.

They all know her mother's name, which is wonderful. If she forgets how to turn on the washing machine, all she has to do is ask for help. People are always saying hi, how are you, can I help you with anything.

She is at level 1 care, which is the minimum. But when it comes to needing help with anything or asking questions, they are great.

Also, the food is excellent.

I did visit other facilities. The kitchen at Emeritus is open 7 AM until 7 PM. She doesn't have to rush down there for a meal.

I think they've done a great job of trying to make it a home, as distinct from a dormitory like atmosphere. I'm very pleased.

Review of Emeritus at Apple Valley Assisted Living in Apple Valley, CA

Our guide was very informative answered all our questions. Enjoyed the tour and we were pleased with the accommodations that are provide for the seniors, but a little pricey.

It's beautiful, and the staff is great.

It's beautiful, and the staff is great. I think it's a great value. They will call me if there is any kind of a problem. The food is good, it's not an issue. My mother in law chose this based on how friendly everyone was and she liked how open and pretty it was, she felt more at home here.

This was one of my top two when we were looking.

This was one of my top two when we were looking. It was really nice, but it was a little too independent for my loved one. They had kitchens in their rooms, which would have given my loved one the option to not go socialize in the dining room, and it may not have been safe for her. We needed something with just a little more care, and more room to transition as her care needs increased. Still was very nice.

Beautiful property, lovely ...

Beautiful property, lovely apartments, great food. Feels like home.

They were the best!

I knew this as a Merril Gardens. The cleanliness impeccable! There were a lot of activities for the residence all the time. The whole facility was very clean including the outdoors, which is very important to me. My mom stated at two of these communities and I was very happy with both of them. They were the best!

This facility does not offe...

This facility does not offer alz/dementia care , like their other campus'. but still interested in individual living for father.

This place is a disaster. ...

This place is a disaster. They haven't had a manager in 18 months. No chef for months. No activities director at all, and nothing but a LVN was nothing but trouble. They do not have the people or ability to assist the elderly that live there. I have moved Mother out and brought her home with me for Christmas and then I am looking for a Nursing home. She need more help than Merrill Gardens can provide. Just to give her 3 pills a day 3 am and 2 pm they were charging Mother $610.00 per month. Her Doctor said he had never had such a unorganized and unco-operative home for the elderly.

Best We Saw

It was very clean and very spacious. The staff and the manager were very nice. Even the maintenance man was good - he should be a salesman. It was very good and we liked it the most of any place we saw but my in-laws decided they wanted to go back to Oregon. Cost-wise, it was cheaper than some of the other ones we saw. It was by far the best overall.

The first time we looked at it the manager was sick so the maintenance man showed us around. He showed a room and said it would look like new after the lady moved out. She must have had nails in every wall. The next time we saw it, it had been painted, there was new carpet - it was beautiful. The living room was very large and there were sliding doors to a patio. This was by far the best that we looked at.

Beautiful

The big plus about Merrill Garden is that you can eat your meals whenever you would like. The apartments I saw were gorgeous. Management was. Very courteous when I toured, and I did not feel any pressure whatsoever.

good one but only considers veterans ...

good one but only considers veterans benefits as assistance. took tour and impressed. pet friendly which is a must!

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday.
Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®