Fairwinds - Redmond - Redmond, WA

I made the right choice!

Love this place! It is exactly as described. It's a happy place ... lots of laughter, wonderful staff. And the food is incredible.

A bit pricey, but great quality

A very nice facility with a lot of activities, caretakers who really know their residents, and up-to-date apartments. Great selection of units, valet parking and beautiful grounds close to shopping. The staff are helpful, kind and seem to really care about everyone. A lot of employees have worked there for many years, which is a very good sign of strong management.

Great facility!

Everything is going just great! The staff are friendly and accommodating and the facility is kept very clean. My loved one gets plenty opportunities to participate in activities. Overall, we have no complaints!

Chelsia Hart

Thank you, we love the feedback. It is such a pleasure serving our residents and creating a true community that extends to the family members as well. Please reach out if there's ever anything I can help you with.
Thanks,
Nathan Wetmore, General Manager

Best facility my family looked at

My family extensively visited and reviewed Fairwinds (Avondale) in Redmond during the fall of 2016, for my father. In short, before visiting Fairwinds, he was totally against moving out of his house. Afterwards, he not only agreed to move there, but he was excited about it. Fairwinds was the best facility we looked at, out of many, and here is why.

[Removed] was fantastic. She was incredibly helpful and went very, very far out of her way to accommodate us. For example, given that my father was apprehensive about the food, she let us try dinner (on the house). We had a 4-course meal (from the same menu as all residents), and all the food was great. They have an amazing menu! I wish I could eat like that every night! [Removed] connected my father and I with several current residents for conversations about Fairwinds. All of the people we talked to were happy and interesting people. During this time, I met the families of several residents who were all very happy with Fairwinds Redmond. I also talked with other residents who I met (spontaneously), and they were all happy with Fairwinds. [Removed] even sent us floor plans, and personally measured his potential room for furniture. [Removed] had great communication with us, and was always there for our many, many questions. Outside of [Removed], the rest of the staff at Fairwinds Redmond was really friendly and helpful. I observed the staff in all the facilities I looked at, and the staff at Fairwinds was the best.

Unfortunately, before we could move my father in, he had an accident which meant we had to move him to a facility with a higher level of care. Although we had already put a deposit down on my father’s room, [Removed] and Fairwinds were incredibly accommodating. They not only refunded the deposit (which they did not need to do) but they called to inquire about my father’s health several times after this (again they didn’t need to do this- he could no longer move there). These shows not only outstanding business ethics, but also that [Removed] and Fairwinds provide a personal touch, and that they really care.

The only thing that must be taken into consideration about Fairwinds is that it is for relatively active seniors. Although they can add services to accommodate seniors as they progress, if your relative requires intensive care, or has more than moderate dementia, Fairwinds is not equipped for this. To be clear, Fairwinds makes tells people this upfront. It was my father’s health that unexpectedly changed during the course of his move there. Had that not happened, he would have moved in.

I highly recommend Fairwinds in Redmond. It’s the best facility that I have seen, and I have looked at many. I would be happy to discuss this review with any potential resident’s families ([Removed] knows who I am, and you can get my contact info from her). Thank you [Removed] and Fairwinds for helping us!

Remodeling At The Time

I had a good positive tour with this community. I saw them remodeling and it looked poorly. The price was odd. It started out low then they told me if additional care was needed the price would add on more charges. It seemed like the pricing favored the community more than the resident's budget.

Very clean facility that seems to be well run. Studio room layout was attractive. Significant amount of activities.

Fabulous!

The Fairwinds community is fabulous. My mother is always busy with activities. If you are searching for an assisted living community for your family member this is a wonderful place to put them. My overall rating of this community is 5 stars. I think this is a 5 star community. It's super clean, everyone is friendly, the care givers are great, and they have many activities to keep the residents busy.

I visited in January, 2014....

I visited in January, 2014. Colleen was very welcoming, almost like a neighbor. She showed me around the building; it was raining heavily, so we didn't walk any of the paths on the 8 acres of forest/wetlands. This facility offers at no extra charge many amenities for which there are charges at other facilities. Comparing cost with features, I rate this among the best.

Excelling in care and service.

"Your wish is our command" seems to be the watchword of all the staff. That, plus a pleasant and relaxed environment commended this facility to us.

The units were very small a...

The units were very small and rather pricey.

Our #1 choice. Spoke to Director. Ve...

Our #1 choice. Spoke to Director. Very resort looking. Residents seemed happy, nice reviews, pool, rooms are very nice, nice grounds. Up to 30 days respite. Need to verify prices, Residents looked happy and had great things to say.

When you visit our retirement community in the Education Hill neighborhood of Redmond, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to Lake Sammamish or Marymoor Park, while others are gathered in the bistro drinking their morning coffee. Fairwinds - Redmond feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of white glove, five-star service translates into an experience that feels more like a vacation at your favorite resort rather than a typical retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Fairwinds - Redmond, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents live the retirement of their dreams. Ready to hit the greens and perfect your golf swing? No problem. How about a European cruise? We’ll plan it end to end. Karaoke after dinner sound fun? Standard play. Gourmet meals for the most discerning foodie? Our chefs are award-winning. Whatever you want to do, whatever your passions are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Fairwinds - Redmond, the retirement of your dreams is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.