Sunrise of Bellevue - Bellevue, WA

Little too quiet and clinical for our needs but competent care community.

Wonderful energy and this place made the top of our list but unfortunately, too expensive for our budget.

Hard Decision

My husband toured this community and he had said he liked it very much. It was going to be a hard decision to chose this community over another he had toured and liked just as much. The community was very well maintained and the landscaping was very well done. The staff was helpful and informative.

A Good Meeting

I was very pleased with all they offered. They were friendly and accommodating. We didn't choose this facility because it didn't have as many of the activities my dad enjoys nor easy access to the viewing of surrounding activity.

Good place for couple, one with very high needs care

In first two weeks all has gone quite well considering the cross-country move and high care needs of our father. Only 4 places in the Bellevue, Kent, Renton area (excluding home care types) would even allow our mother and father to stay in the same room due to father's very high care needs (hoyering, continence and hygiene care required) - Sunrise was one. The staff is highly caring and compassionate. Response time to call button is amazing (1-2 minutes) compared to what we were used to in a Rehab/Nursing facility. The problem solving mentality of the staff and management is perfect for our situation. Food is great according to our father and mother. It is a little pricey, but so far it has been worth it for our situation. For mother, who is highly mobile and healthy, the Crossroads mall and other shopping within close walking distance is also very convenient. So far we really like this place.

Has A View

Even though my husband is not happy being there is he has been doing well there. We started off in assisted living but we decided it was better to move him into the memory care floor and that is a much better environment. It is on the top floor where he can look out at the grounds. The food is wonderful. The staff is good very kind and attentive. The memory care unit is much calmer than the assisted living section. However, this community is more expensive than some of the others I've seen

A great place

They offer a good variety of food choices, however mom does not like the taste of much of it. They try to keep mom active and she has started to participate in some of the exercise classes. The community is clean and they have nice grounds. The staff are wonderful. They are encouraging, attentive and sincere about what they are doing. The main reason we chose this community over other communities was the welcoming staff, as they made us feel comfortable.

Very nice facility and had a "home-y" feel that my parents would like. Residents seemed happy and alert. [Removed] was very helpful in answering questions and helping us guide the process. We selected another facility mostly based on cost and size of a facility.

could use some improvement!!

I had taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I was just not as impressed with this place as I was with the other ones. There was not as many activities that I would have liked to see and I was not sure if they did any off campus trips together.

The staff are responsive

The food is good and the chef is excellent. They offer a variety of appetizers, food and desserts. The dining room and the community are beautiful. The community has four floors and the top floor is for Alzheimer's care. They offer a daily afternoon social. They have a lot of clubs such as crocheting and spanish clubs. They offer a movie nightly in the theater room. Mom has a nice sized apartment. This community was recommended to us and I would recommend it.

Amazing Experience

The memory care unit must be a hard place to work and my mom lived there for one year. The staff not one, but all of them impressed me. They treated everyone with dignity and respect and cared for them as of they were one of their family members. Instead of sitting in a room all day doing nothing they engage the seniors into various activities. I was so glad my mom spent her last year of life there and I could never express how grateful I am to everyone on the 4th floor. She came from another facility where she was in her room all day and it wasn't good. The first time I came to visit her here at Sunrise she was playing a tambourine and singing. I seriously did not recognize her. I thank everyone there for enjoying my mom like she was your mom and being so kind to her. To her for that year you were her family and you lived in her neighborhood and trust me, she loved all of you each and every single one of you. God Bless you and I thank you so much for showing genuine compassion because its hard to come by these days! Not only is this a beautiful facility, its filled with wonderful people who love their job and its obvious.

This place is too crowded and they treat their seniors like animals. They force them to stay in their rooms during certain times of the day. They use threats to keep the seniors in line. This place is a nightmare and unfortunately my grandma had to endure this place for 2 years before she finally had the courage to tell me how bad it really was. Stay far away from this place it is horrible

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

They have been just fabulous.

They have been just fabulous. There is a lot going on for activities. Their food is really good, we have had a few meals there, and she really likes it. We have been really impressed with the food. Everyone from the other place we were recommended it as being the top of the line and that's what made us choose this. She is getting really good care there.

It is very fancy, very nice, but a little ostentatious.

It is very fancy, very nice, but a little ostentatious. It was Like walking into the lobby of Caesar’s Palace. The people were nice. The place we chose felt more like home. If you’re used to a lot of marble and a very upscale experience, this might be the place for you.