Brookdale Salt Lake City - Salt Lake City, UT

We have promised that we shall always treat our residents as we would our own loved ones. Nothing less than our best will do. This is a simple promise that the staff at Brookdale at Salt Lake City – and throughout Brookdale Senior Living communities – has shared since 2000, when our community first opened its doors. It’s a simple promise to be compassionate and kind, understanding and respectful – a promise to become extended family to the seniors entrusted in our care and to our retirees who have chosen our community for its active lifestyle.

Once you decide to move into our community, you can stay right here in the same home, surrounded by familiar faces you’ve come to know and trust, even if your health needs change. We offer: Assisted Living: Should you need a helping hand, we also offer complete customized assisted living services. Our services focus on wellness to help you maintain your health, so you can live as independently as possible.

Alzheimer’s and Dementia care: Our community offers an innovative program in our specially designed memory care neighborhood that provides a personalized and familiar setting tailored to each resident’s unique needs. Within this environment, our highly trained staff joins residents in their moment, rather than bringing them into our reality. We strive to recognize individuality, encourage choices and help residents maintain their dignity.

Skilled Nursing Care: Our community offers 24-hour nursing supervision for residents requiring the highest level of care. Services may include medication, diabetic and dementia management; tube feeding, colostomy, paralysis, dialysis and catheter care; hospice; and rehabilitation services. Our goal is to help residents function at the highest level possible.

Staff doesn't seem to be aware of the residents

My husband was only here for about a month before he passed so my experience was limited but when he was there, there were a few things that I noticed. The food was not very good, at all. The staff and employees seemed nice and attentive but it also felt like the people that worked there were not very aware of their residents and the attention that they needed. The cleanliness of the facility was pretty good and felt like they were keeping on top of it.

Lovely community

I had originally had my husband in a different home and he came here to Brookdale for rehabilitation for his hip and was there for about 6 weeks. After hearing numerous raving reviews from friends, I decided that this was where I wanted him to be. This community is within walking distance of me so it makes it so easy to be able to see him whenever I’d like to. All of the residents are friendly and cheerful. Some are unresponsive or disturbed, but the staff is so kind and knowledgeable so they know how to handle things properly. Everything is always so clean too. The staff does the residents’ laundry, they make his bed every morning, they spot clean each day, and do a thorough cleaning once a week as well. They take everyone on outings to places like the planetarium, which he loved. For the price you pay, which isn’t too expensive, you really get a great experience and I’m just thankful that Brookdale was able to take him in. I would definitely recommend this community.

We were impressed by the cleanliness of Brookdale. The Memory Care unit is homey and did not remind us of a hospital. The secure lawn and garden area is well cared for and several of the residents were enjoying it. This will definitely be a place we consider if my mom's health slips. [Removed] was very open talking about the facility and answered all our questions. Thank you.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my loved one since she made the move into this community. The staff where very kind and on time to our appointment as well as answered any questions we had for them in detail. I like the open floor plan as well as the other amenities they had available to all of the residents. Overall I would recommend to anyone it was just not the right fit for my mother.

Bigger community!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer questions we had for them in detail. The only problem I had is that my mother has memory loss and I thought the bigger facility might be a little to overwhelming for her.

Was a patient for 14 days. Here's my review.

Rehab therapy staff were excellent (PT, OT and Rec Therapy)!

Nursing, not so much. Some were exceptional, but had problems with pain management controlled by day shift nursing staff. Prescribed pain meds were withheld despite need. I received only tylenol for post op pain during the day despite working very hard in therapy, which resulted in severe pain at night. I cried at least three times in severe pain which affected my sleep, and was told I should have requested my prn meds (though I was unaware of which meds were prn). Also no wound checks by any nursing staff for 12 of a 14 day stay.

Pleasant Tour of This Community

We had a pretty good tour of this community. It was a good experience, and everything went well. The community looked nice, everything appeared to be well-kept. The staff was kind and informative. Everybody was very welcoming, They treated my husband and I very well.

Great Place but Expensive!!

The community it self was good the staff was friendly and courteous. During my tour i was able to see the rooms everything was explained to me. The place was great it also was in a good location near a loved one. One thing i did not like was that every service they offered was an ad on. If they had to shower, administer medications, and some activities these were additional costs. It's a nice community but very pricey towards the end.

Nice And Clean Community

My tour of this community went well. Everything looked nice and well maintained, from what I saw. The staff was very kind and friendly. They were informative and answered my questions. My tour was nice, it just was not the community for my father.

No Problems Here

My dad has been living here for a few years. So far everything is just fine. The care has been excellent and I have no concerns or problems. The community is always clean. I would recommend their services.

Suggestion list

I found that a list of what a person should bring with them would be help the confusion.

Competent but Understaffed

The staff and nurses are very friendly, the therapists and doctors seem very competent, but they are very understaffed. My mother-in-law constantly complains about it taking forever for someone to attend to her needs.

This facility would serve my sister and her husband's needs. When my sister's husband needs to spend some time in a rehab or nursing facility (his health is very fragile), Brookdale offers that assistance and my sister could visit him by just taking the elevator.

We are very happy with Emeritus at Salt Lake City.

We are very happy with Emeritus at Salt Lake City. Everything is going great. I would rate them very highly. I don't really have any concerns or complaints at this time.

excellent staff

The staff at Emeritus at Salt Lake City are just excellent. I really just love the people.

They have recently transitioned ownership (Emeritus is now owned by Brookdale) and there have been a few changes that has brought along, not all of which have been positive. For one, the food is not as good now as it used to be, and it takes a while for mom to get her meal.

That really is the only area of improvement I have noticed though. Overall they are excellent and we are satisfied.

It's pretty clean, and the staff is friendly.

It's pretty clean, and the staff is friendly. I think the internal communication could be improved, there have been a few instances where the right hand didn't know what the left one was doing. The food seems to be okay for my mom, but my dad is a meat and potatoes guy, and it's not the best for him.

Elaine very professional, n...

Elaine very professional, nice place , downtown and hotel like 4 floors. Was a Marriott.

I liked the programs for me...

I liked the programs for memory loss and the ability of a patient to move from one part of the facility to another. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The facility is well-cared for and th...

The facility is well-cared for and the grounds are clean. The staff...the front desk staff and the first floor staff are very friendly but the fourth floor - the skilled nursing floor - they don't even talk to you. My mom's on the first floor, the memory care unit, so they're pretty good.

The Emeritus is more expensive than some of the other facilities we looked at. They have one doctor and one nurse so I don't think they're overly well-staffed in that area.

The Emeritus at Salt Lake stood out b...

The Emeritus at Salt Lake stood out because It's very well-kept, the decoration is up to date, the food is really good and my grandparents really like it. The staff is really friendly.

It's super-expensive, maybe more money than we're getting service for, but that's all right.

They have an RN available any day of the week for care needs.

There's a lot of activities but my grandparents haven't taken part just yet. They're still getting moved in.