The Avenues Courtyard - Salt Lake City, UT

Conflicted- high score for staff/low for owner

My aunt lives at The Avenues and loves it there. The staff treat her as a friend and seem to really care about her. There is a warm, happy atmosphere throughout the building.
Today while I was visiting...a woman (who I learned is the owner, [name removed]) came charging in and began berating the staff and residents. She asked the residents questions and then approached the ladies who were doing art projects in the atrium; I over heard her tell the ladies that they are not allowed to"color" there, that they must do it in the activity room. She left the women in tears.
I am very impressed with the staff at the Avenues Courtyard but VERY disgusted in the way the owner treated them and their residents.

Great facility in Salt Lake City

We took a tour of the facility for my mother and the moment we walked in we were warmly created at their front desk. She made us comfortable while we waited for the person to give us a tour. The facility was having a fun activity where everyone was laughing and enjoying themselves.
We loved the location in Salt Lake it will make it easy for our family to get there. We look forward to going back.

Caveat Emptor, or please be careful...

Have been a resident here for some time and have watched this formerly excellent assisted living facility go from a profoundly hospitable and caring residence to a sloppy, short-staffed, grossly inadequate and now unhealthy place to live. The staff is overworked, miserably paid, unappreciated, receive no benefits whatsoever, and work in a decidedly hostile environment. Rarely do I see so much as a smile. Please, until Avenues Courtyard regains a modicum of their former reputation, I would suggest you find somewhere else. Preferably where you will find staff and residents smiling. Not here.

P.S. No, this is not a place for Mom.

Comfortable Care!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far we are pleased with how things are going for her. The staff have been very helpful and I comfortable with the care they have been providing her. She has had no problems with the meals and is starting to get involved in a few of the different activities they have throughout the week. Overall we are happy and would recommend to it anyone.

For our purposes, I'm giving this facility 4 stars rather than 5 stars. This is a very nice facility and it is small which is a plus. The only issue for our purposes is that it does not have the continuous care. My sister's husband often needs to spend some time in a rehabilitation facility--and Courtyard does not offer this option.

So far seems pretty good

So far, the facility seems pretty good. It took some adjusting, but that is to be expected. The people that work there really seem to care and work hard to make the residents comfortable.

Mom is thrilled

I cannot say enough good about the Avenues Courtyard. We literally never meet with our mother without her giving a speech about how happy she is there, how perfect the place is for her, how glad she is she came, how loved she feels. The setting is beautiful, cosy, and charming, and perfectly maintained. Not only is the food delicious and well-balanced, but the kitchen and serving staff are warm and personally know our mom, her needs, and her likes. They don't just serve the food, they socialize with her and love her. The activities are broader, more frequent, and more exciting than all the other homes we looked at. Our mom adores the activity director. We receive more specialized services such as medication management, exercising, dressing, etc., in the basic cost than we ever dreamed of. A few weeks ago, our mom needed to up her care level, due to a broken wrist and some falls, and we asked if we should purchase a higher care level. They added everything we need without raising the cost.

I know that my dad was very happy there. I would recommend them.

Great place

The Avenues Courtyard is beautiful and clean. The staff is friendly, energetic, and eager to serve. The activities have more variety and imagination than the other homes we looked into. It is small and cozy, only 46 apartments. The food is excellent.

Beautiful facility, clean. ...

Beautiful facility, clean. Felt quite dark and somber. When we asked about New Choices Medicaid, we were shown the 'Medicaid room'... The young man who gave the tour meant well, but we left with a poor impression.

Assisted living Studio apt ...

Assisted living Studio apt ok Didn't really like it.

We understand that moving into a new home can be stressful-for all involved. That's why we strive to ensure that everyone's comfort level is met. For our residents, this means knowing they can have a private residence-and the security of 24-hour assistance. For family members, it means knowing their loved one doesn't have to face the burden of daily responsibilities alone. And that's the kind of care everyone can feel good about.