The Ridge Senior Living - Salt Lake City, UT

Horrible experience

When it first became obvious that my husband would need to be placed in an assisted living home, I had toured a couple of places before settling on the Ridge. I wish I had continued to look because the experience my husband and I had here was appalling. This community is supposed to be locked, and somehow my husband was able to escape 3 times. The third time, he wound up 2 miles away from the facility, covered in bruises, scratches, and was bleeding. He was missing for 2 hours and the entire time he was gone, NO ONE from the Ridge contacted me. Finally, someone called the cops and they called me to let me know what was going on and that he would be taken the hospital. Because of all of this, he wound up having to have a partial hip replacement. The fact that they did not communicate with me the things that were going on is unacceptable and if you’re considering this facility, please look elsewhere.

Christy Van Der Westhuizen

The safety of all of our residents is a top priority, and we'd like to apologize for any distress that you may have experienced. We can't discuss specifics of individuals for privacy reasons, but we have numerous measures and procedures to ensure the security of our community. Our on-site health professionals are always here to oversee any care needs, and we're confident this situation was not a result of any oversight on their part. We're fully dedicated to the safety of everyone who lives and works here, and we've since enhanced our security measures even further. We'd appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns in greater detail and correct any confusion or misinformation. Please call me, Sheryl Johnston, at [removed], as I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally. Thank you so much.

THE ONLY PLACE BETTER THAN HOME!

Well, there’s really no place like home, but when my aunt couldn’t live alone any longer, we had to find a solution. I had visited eight different Adult Living facilities when a dear friend said, “don’t make a decision before you’ve seen The Ridge!” I’m glad she did.

Walk in and you’ll discover a special place.

The building is gorgeous. Valley views! Fresh clean décor.

The people have heart. Genuine interest whether you’re a visitor or resident. You really will be amazed.

The “restaurant” where every meal feels like a 3-1/2 star restaurant meal. Order the daily special or select another option from the menu. It really is a first class experience.

The living spaces are like you’d see in a new luxury home. Style. High ceilings. Huge windows. Marble kitchenette and bath vanity. You get the picture.

Pricing is competitive with the other facilities I visited, so I have to say the Value.Is.Significant!

Transition from home is without doubt unsettling, but I promise you’ll find embrace to help ease the transition.

If this sounds over the top, I promise you’ll find IT IS OVER THE TOP in every way. Singular.

Not bad

This community has a home health care company on site. This is a brand new community and it is beautiful. The staff is helpful and the food is great. We felt our loved one would get the best care at this community. The amenities such as the laundry are included in one price. I would recommend this community.

Beautiful new place. Love management and their desire to help ensure good care by paying their help more which will help eliminate turnover. However they and many other new facilities have fees on top pf monthly charges based on need of patient. This puts them over our budget unless u know more about getting different pricing or new choice wavier otions