The Ridge Senior Living - Salt Lake City, UT

We visited this community!

My husband and I toured this community for his mom. It's a beautiful community with very friendly staff. As we walked through and toured the community, there wasn't one staff member that didn't smile and greet us. I even met a couple residents that had nothing but good things to say about living at The Ridge. Ultimately my mother in law chose a community in a different state, but if she were to move to Utah in the future, we would bring her here!

Sheryl Johnston

We’re thrilled to hear that you and your husband had an excellent visit at our community. Our team members work diligently to create pleasant experiences for our residents and their families, and we certainly appreciate your kind words of encouragement. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us in the future should your mother-in-law decide to call Utah home. Best wishes to you and your family!

Still being bothered by them

While looking at different places for my love one I thought that this place was super cool, I would actually want to live there. It had a metro kind of feeling. However, I felt that it was too much for my love one’s age. Everything is rather new, it’s pretty, staff is nice, and it definitely was a contender. However, the lady that gave us a tour is still bothering me even though I found another place and its super annoying. I’m still getting weekly calls and it’s just frustrating. A lot of these places are very pushy and they can’t really relate to that age group even though that’s their career choice. Some places have young staff and this woman was just yakking and walking really fast during our tour. Unfortunately this wasn’t a good fit for my love one.

Sheryl Johnston

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Finding the right accommodations for a loved one presents many challenges, and while we’re disappointed to hear that our community wasn’t the right fit, we’re glad your search was ultimately successful. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service possible and we apologize that your experience during the tour and the follow up process hasn’t reflected that. Please contact us directly so we can be sure to remove you from any further communication. All the best!

I toured this community

We walked into this community and my parents were turned off immediately when they saw a lot of people sitting around in their wheelchairs. They are still very active. It was a nice community but not impressed. The parking was a disaster here hard to get in and out of Foothill Dr. it is a disaster.

Sheryl Johnston

Thank you for visiting our community and sharing your feedback with us. We strive to provide a vibrant and engaging atmosphere at The Ridge, which is why we’re disappointed you left with the opposite impression. Given the overwhelming majority of our residents don’t use wheelchairs and remain physically active, we think our campus could be an ideal fit for your parents. We’d be more than happy to arrange another visit to address your concerns, and truly show you and your parents what we’re all about. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly with any additional questions or comments you may have.

Horrible experience

When it first became obvious that my husband would need to be placed in an assisted living home, I had toured a couple of places before settling on the Ridge. I wish I had continued to look because the experience my husband and I had here was appalling. This community is supposed to be locked, and somehow my husband was able to escape 3 times. The third time, he wound up 2 miles away from the facility, covered in bruises, scratches, and was bleeding. He was missing for 2 hours and the entire time he was gone, NO ONE from the Ridge contacted me. Finally, someone called the cops and they called me to let me know what was going on and that he would be taken the hospital. Because of all of this, he wound up having to have a partial hip replacement. The fact that they did not communicate with me the things that were going on is unacceptable and if you’re considering this facility, please look elsewhere.

Christy Van Der Westhuizen

The safety of all of our residents is a top priority, and we'd like to apologize for any distress that you may have experienced. We can't discuss specifics of individuals for privacy reasons, but we have numerous measures and procedures to ensure the security of our community. Our on-site health professionals are always here to oversee any care needs, and we're confident this situation was not a result of any oversight on their part. We're fully dedicated to the safety of everyone who lives and works here, and we've since enhanced our security measures even further. We'd appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns in greater detail and correct any confusion or misinformation. Please call me, Sheryl Johnston, at [removed], as I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally. Thank you so much.

THE ONLY PLACE BETTER THAN HOME!

Well, there’s really no place like home, but when my aunt couldn’t live alone any longer, we had to find a solution. I had visited eight different Adult Living facilities when a dear friend said, “don’t make a decision before you’ve seen The Ridge!” I’m glad she did.

Walk in and you’ll discover a special place.

The building is gorgeous. Valley views! Fresh clean décor.

The people have heart. Genuine interest whether you’re a visitor or resident. You really will be amazed.

The “restaurant” where every meal feels like a 3-1/2 star restaurant meal. Order the daily special or select another option from the menu. It really is a first class experience.

The living spaces are like you’d see in a new luxury home. Style. High ceilings. Huge windows. Marble kitchenette and bath vanity. You get the picture.

Pricing is competitive with the other facilities I visited, so I have to say the Value.Is.Significant!

Transition from home is without doubt unsettling, but I promise you’ll find embrace to help ease the transition.

If this sounds over the top, I promise you’ll find IT IS OVER THE TOP in every way. Singular.

Not bad

This community has a home health care company on site. This is a brand new community and it is beautiful. The staff is helpful and the food is great. We felt our loved one would get the best care at this community. The amenities such as the laundry are included in one price. I would recommend this community.

Beautiful new place. Love management and their desire to help ensure good care by paying their help more which will help eliminate turnover. However they and many other new facilities have fees on top pf monthly charges based on need of patient. This puts them over our budget unless u know more about getting different pricing or new choice wavier otions