The Ridge Senior Living - Salt Lake City, UT

My Stay At The Ridge

The Ridge Foothill Senior Living welcomed me in a way I never expected! A whole month between February 8th and March 8th, 2018, I lived among them, dined with them, chatted with them, exercised with them, heard chunks of their stories, and shared mine with them. My stay here intended for me to recuperate from my surgery, which became a luxurious retreat in a lovely setting, best meals and many services that I assured the best. I enjoyed the recreation which I needed to heal my body and soul. I am grateful to the staff who provided the services and to the community of residents who befriended me. The wealth of their individual knowledge never ceased to amaze me!

Sheryl Johnston

Thank you for sharing, Shahpar. At a time of physical recuperation, it’s wonderful you also found plenty of intellectual and social stimulation through our services, amenities and endlessly interesting residents. We wish you good health moving forward, and should you ever decide to transition to a community like ours on a more permanent basis, we hope you’ll keep us in mind.

This was a beautiful facility overlooking the Salt Lake Valley. It is an all inclusive facility without stoves for cooking. You can live there independently if you eat in dining room. [name removed] was a gracious host and quite helpful. It is quite a drive from our children but close to the VA. The staff really take care of rooms and beds changed weekly and made each day. For now this is not right for us when LTC kicks in. I will contact you next week to set up more appts. [name removed]

Sheryl Johnston

Thank you for visiting us, and we look forward to hearing from you again next week. We hope we’ve given you a glimpse of how convenient retirement can be at The Ridge Foothill – we take care of the little stuff so you have plenty of time to pursue the opportunities you’ve always dreamed of. We know there’s a lot to consider when making a decision as significant as this. We appreciate you keeping us in mind, and if there’s any additional information you need to help with your decision, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Highly Recommend

My Mom and Dad were the first residents of The Ridge when it opened in December 2016. Dad has since passed away, but Mom is enjoying it there. She always talks about how delicious the food is! Family members have eaten there, too, and we all have liked the food. I'm impressed that nearly all of the staff know her name and always greet her. They are courteous and helpful with any requests. The rooms are cleaned regularly and the common areas are always clean and well maintained. Mom says she is very happy to be there, which means everything to us!

Sheryl Johnston

Ms. Bowman, it’s been a wonderful journey for us from the beginning and we’re happy your parents and family have enjoyed it just as much. It’s truly an honor to know we’re having such a positive impact on people’s lives. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Beautiful with an amazing staff

I lived there for a month while confined to a wheelchair while I rehabed. The facility is amazing. It is a beautiful facility with amazing views. The resturant overlooks a wonderful city view and the chef provides a wide variety of wonderful meals. There are great spaces for everyone to sit and visit with guests. They have a theater room, art room, demonstration kitchen, exercise room, gameroom, and beauty salon. There is a big meeting room. I loved every minute I lived there and was a little sad when I was hhealed enough to leave. Everyone on the staff is very upbeat and supportive. I have never seen a better staff. They take care of the residents body, mind, and soul.

Sheryl Johnston

Crystal, it was an honor for us to provide you with the care necessary for a full recovery and we’re happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience at our community. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you’re ever considering a permanent move to a retirement community in the future. We’d be more than happy to have you as a resident. Thank you so much for the great review.

Sure the place looks fantastic all modern and what not but do not let the looks deceive you. It’s obvious they put more money into looks rather than things that actually matter like the quality of food. If you can even call it food I have to take my dad out for meals constantly because the food is so terrible he doesn’t even like eating it. They are small portions served on dirty dishes. All in all not impressed by this facility

Sheryl Johnston

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and are disappointed to hear about you and your father’s dissatisfaction. We pride ourselves in offering a premier retirement experience, including a gourmet dining program featuring local, fresh, organic and gluten-free options. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly or to stop by next time you’re on campus to discuss your father’s experience in greater detail. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and taking the appropriate steps to better cater to his taste and preferences. Thank you.

I am a current resident

My son took me from South Ogden to Daybreak and Salt Lake County and looked at all the senior living places that we could get to and compared several things. We were looking for the environment, the help from the employees, and the food. When we found the Ridge, it was new, and that was what first attracted us to it.

When we were looking for a place to live, we found that the appearance (the neat clean appearance) was the best but after living for almost a year, I find that the staff and the care are even better. I also find that the food and the activities surpass the excellence of the design of the building.They make you feel as comfortable as possible and the activity program is more than enough to keep you busy.

The Ridge is extremely friendly and competent. From the moment I was here, I felt like I was at home. Everybody seems to knows my first name and it's great. I am totally satisfied with the care and the atmosphere here. I would highly recommend it!

Sheryl Johnston

Thank you for the lovely review. With a multitude of senior living options available in the area, your glowing remarks are a testament to the quality amenities, services and care that we provide for our residents. It’s truly an honor to know we’re having a positive impact on your retirement experience. Take care!

I live at The Ridge

I have been a resident of the ridge for over 6 months and find it a very pleasant living community.
I, like many new residents, had an initial period of adjustment transitioning from my home environment to a totally new way of living and the love and caring of this wonderful staff made that transition into a much more positive experience than it could have been.

The staff promptly responds and tries to proactively anticipate the residents’ needs on a daily basis. Even if a resident appears to be having a stressful, challenging day, the staff responds with compassion, kindness, and understanding and assists with the situation.

There are ample planned activities for residents to choose their areas of interests and participate in he group or individual events of their choice.

The facility is large and beautiful and the meal menu provides multiple choices from which to choose. There are always healthy snacks available for those in-between-meal munchies.

I feel very fortunate to be in such wonderful community at this stage of my life.

Sheryl Johnston

We’re so glad you joined The Ridge family. Adjusting to a big move at any stage of life can be challenging and we’re happy to hear that your transition has been smooth thanks to the compassion, kindness, understanding and assistance of our team members. We certainly appreciate your kind words and will continue to work day in, day out to ensure a wonderful retirement experience for all our residents. Here’s to many years of great memories!

We visited this community!

My husband and I toured this community for his mom. It's a beautiful community with very friendly staff. As we walked through and toured the community, there wasn't one staff member that didn't smile and greet us. I even met a couple residents that had nothing but good things to say about living at The Ridge. Ultimately my mother in law chose a community in a different state, but if she were to move to Utah in the future, we would bring her here!

Sheryl Johnston

We’re thrilled to hear that you and your husband had an excellent visit at our community. Our team members work diligently to create pleasant experiences for our residents and their families, and we certainly appreciate your kind words of encouragement. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us in the future should your mother-in-law decide to call Utah home. Best wishes to you and your family!

Still being bothered by them

While looking at different places for my love one I thought that this place was super cool, I would actually want to live there. It had a metro kind of feeling. However, I felt that it was too much for my love one’s age. Everything is rather new, it’s pretty, staff is nice, and it definitely was a contender. However, the lady that gave us a tour is still bothering me even though I found another place and its super annoying. I’m still getting weekly calls and it’s just frustrating. A lot of these places are very pushy and they can’t really relate to that age group even though that’s their career choice. Some places have young staff and this woman was just yakking and walking really fast during our tour. Unfortunately this wasn’t a good fit for my love one.

Sheryl Johnston

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Finding the right accommodations for a loved one presents many challenges, and while we’re disappointed to hear that our community wasn’t the right fit, we’re glad your search was ultimately successful. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service possible and we apologize that your experience during the tour and the follow up process hasn’t reflected that. Please contact us directly so we can be sure to remove you from any further communication. All the best!

I toured this community

We walked into this community and my parents were turned off immediately when they saw a lot of people sitting around in their wheelchairs. They are still very active. It was a nice community but not impressed. The parking was a disaster here hard to get in and out of Foothill Dr. it is a disaster.

Sheryl Johnston

Thank you for visiting our community and sharing your feedback with us. We strive to provide a vibrant and engaging atmosphere at The Ridge, which is why we’re disappointed you left with the opposite impression. Given the overwhelming majority of our residents don’t use wheelchairs and remain physically active, we think our campus could be an ideal fit for your parents. We’d be more than happy to arrange another visit to address your concerns, and truly show you and your parents what we’re all about. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly with any additional questions or comments you may have.

Horrible experience

When it first became obvious that my husband would need to be placed in an assisted living home, I had toured a couple of places before settling on the Ridge. I wish I had continued to look because the experience my husband and I had here was appalling. This community is supposed to be locked, and somehow my husband was able to escape 3 times. The third time, he wound up 2 miles away from the facility, covered in bruises, scratches, and was bleeding. He was missing for 2 hours and the entire time he was gone, NO ONE from the Ridge contacted me. Finally, someone called the cops and they called me to let me know what was going on and that he would be taken the hospital. Because of all of this, he wound up having to have a partial hip replacement. The fact that they did not communicate with me the things that were going on is unacceptable and if you’re considering this facility, please look elsewhere.

Christy Van Der Westhuizen

The safety of all of our residents is a top priority, and we'd like to apologize for any distress that you may have experienced. We can't discuss specifics of individuals for privacy reasons, but we have numerous measures and procedures to ensure the security of our community. Our on-site health professionals are always here to oversee any care needs, and we're confident this situation was not a result of any oversight on their part. We're fully dedicated to the safety of everyone who lives and works here, and we've since enhanced our security measures even further. We'd appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns in greater detail and correct any confusion or misinformation. Please call me, Sheryl Johnston, at [removed], as I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally. Thank you so much.

THE ONLY PLACE BETTER THAN HOME!

Well, there’s really no place like home, but when my aunt couldn’t live alone any longer, we had to find a solution. I had visited eight different Adult Living facilities when a dear friend said, “don’t make a decision before you’ve seen The Ridge!” I’m glad she did.

Walk in and you’ll discover a special place.

The building is gorgeous. Valley views! Fresh clean décor.

The people have heart. Genuine interest whether you’re a visitor or resident. You really will be amazed.

The “restaurant” where every meal feels like a 3-1/2 star restaurant meal. Order the daily special or select another option from the menu. It really is a first class experience.

The living spaces are like you’d see in a new luxury home. Style. High ceilings. Huge windows. Marble kitchenette and bath vanity. You get the picture.

Pricing is competitive with the other facilities I visited, so I have to say the Value.Is.Significant!

Transition from home is without doubt unsettling, but I promise you’ll find embrace to help ease the transition.

If this sounds over the top, I promise you’ll find IT IS OVER THE TOP in every way. Singular.

Not bad

This community has a home health care company on site. This is a brand new community and it is beautiful. The staff is helpful and the food is great. We felt our loved one would get the best care at this community. The amenities such as the laundry are included in one price. I would recommend this community.

Beautiful new place. Love management and their desire to help ensure good care by paying their help more which will help eliminate turnover. However they and many other new facilities have fees on top pf monthly charges based on need of patient. This puts them over our budget unless u know more about getting different pricing or new choice wavier otions