Brookdale at Rockford - Rockford, IL

My uncle has enjoyed the outings at Brookdale Rockford!!

We were not fully aware of my uncles condition when he moved into this community. It has become a learning process for us as well as the staff. We are hoping that as we work together we will be able to improve things for him. His room was clean when he moved in and I am waiting to see if they take care of a current bad spot on his carpet. I would recommend that you make sure the staff is prepared for your loved one's condition before they move in.

Brookdale was very clean and the were no bad odors (or overpowering odors of gas station air fresheners). The take out your trash once a week and do the laundry once a week. This is provided.
There were plenty of activities every day. They were going to have for movie night Fiddler on the Roof and later they would have a 'tour guide give them a tour of Russia (where Fiddler on the Roof took place) and Jeopardy like games around the musical.
All of the staff were on friendly terms with the residents, from the cook staff to the maintenance men.
The menu each day was very nice, with plenty of selections.The have a nice fitness room, game rooms and plenty of places to sit and have conversations or just sit by yourself.
They do not have a nursing home they work in together with. They can recommend one, but you are on your own and have to go thru the routine again of finding a suitable nursing home.

mom picked somewhere else.

Nice clean place,friendly staff very helpful and informative.In our situation we found a different place that was all on ground level. Still secure but residents had access to outdoors without assistance.Great location , parking and staff. we preferred a non second floor location. thank you.

I think overall they did pretty good.

I think overall they did pretty good. They knew what they were doing in the memory unit, and guided us as family to what we should be doing. They supported us, and gave her the time she needed to adjust. They had some activities, and I would have liked to have some more options for those with a little higher function. They tried, and they check on her frequently, they are receptive to our suggestions. They are very accommodating to her comfort needs.

Bright lively atmosphere

Mom has only been living there two weeks so it is hard to give an accurate review. She is happy there and other than a few learning pains no problems. The decor is dated but the overall atmosphere is great.

Review of Brookdale Rockford-Rockford, Il

Very nice. Lots of options and staff was nice

good overall, a few things to improve

The food is really good at Emeritus at Rockford. The management of the staff could be a bit better. I also think that more effort could be put into getting staff that is a bit more caring. Their accounting also is not that good. They were recently bought out by Brookdale and the transition has not been smooth on the billing side of things.

Overall the experience has been fairly positive, but these are a few things I feel they could work on.

They are doing a good job.

They are doing a good job. It's clean and the staff is friendly. Every concern we have had, have been addressed right away. They have been very responsive, and are working well with our loved one. All in all we are very happy with them.

My father in law is interacting with others. He is no longer sleeping most kid the time, but finding things to do

Good visit Care level looks...

Good visit Care level looks appropriate for Mom

I liked Emeritus at Rockfor...

I liked Emeritus at Rockford. Seemed friendly and more like a home. I will be going back there on 8/9 with my sister and brother.

High esteem

My mother has suffered several health set backs and the staff has been most accommodating and helpful. Very pleasant place to live and visit.

Great job!

They did a great job. It’s very clean. We liked the community. It’s comparably priced. We felt very comfortable leaving our loved one there and we likely will again. The staff is all very friendly. It’s a good community.

Great so far!

My father has not officially moved into Emeritus yet, but our experience with the community has been great so far. The staff has been great so far. They are very courteous, understanding, and willing to go above and beyond to assist in the transition process. The community is close with access and location, so I am looking forward to my father officially moving in.

They keep it pretty clean, and they are very, very friendly.

They keep it pretty clean, and they are very, very friendly. Initially there was some trouble figuring out a medication schedule. I feel like they are lacking in the nursing there, the communication needs to be impoved between the caregivers and the nursing staff. I wish they would notify me more of what's going on. The communication with the family isn't that good. They are shortstaffed, and hiring fill in nursing from another agency. They have a lot of activities, and a nice variety, I wish they had more religious services. There have been a few complaints about the food. It's all starting to taste the same. They do have a really nice salad bar for lunch. It's nice that they accept pets.

Good job overall

Overall they do a good job here, and my loved one seems happy. The staff are always friendly, and they keep the place nice and clean. I like that they really get to know the residents and know their routines and habits. They do have room for improvement in a few areas, however. I'd like to see a little more variety in the food. We've also had problem with them bringing Mom the wrong meds a few times (which she noticed and corrected).

Very Pleased with Emeritus!

We're really happy there. My brother is younger, still in his 60s. He had a stroke and it's just nice for him to be there instead of a nursing home. I think he gets better care than he would in a nursing home too. This was the most affordable for assisted living and they're just really good to my brother there, they really are.

A lot of the other residents are in assisted living where there on their own and still drive so it feels much more active. It's not like everybody is sitting in the hall in wheelchairs. He's made some friends. We're really pleased and the price is really good. The therapy seems to be really good - he's improving. The aids are very nice to him. He's only been there a since Sept. and everybody there knows me. If there is a problem they call me right away.

Nothing but great things to say

They're just trying to get settled at the moment, they've bene getting quite a bit of company and they have done a few activities down in the dining room, but I think once my dad moves in (it's just my mom right now) they'll particiapte more. Right now, with the company coming in and them spending time in a clean environment, it's what they need. They weren't able to take care of their home, my mom was not taking her medications and now she's getting them on a regular basis, my dad is even gaining some weight, he eats just about all of his meals with her. Mom has really rallied since shes had her meds on a regular basis and her meals so now when she goes home she realizes what a mess the house is.
What I love is she's getting her meds on a regular basis, everyday and the staff is so friendly to her and she's a people person sp when the staff comes in, they visit with her and just chit chat. My dad is visiting with people in the dining room, the staff knows their names, they already know what they like, my parents are getting to know the people a little more, reaching out to the other residents.
The staff has been exceptional, they're really good about getting familiar with the family members and the friends that stop by. This is how we wanted them to live their life.

too unorganized--the person we were t...

too unorganized--the person we were to meet with was not even there and our tour was given by a lady that works with the dietary or kitchen area and was not very knowledgeable

Pretty good facility. alot of activit...

Pretty good facility. alot of activities scheduled.

Initial discussion I felt this facili...

Initial discussion I felt this facility would not provide my uncle with enough mental or physical stimulation.