Crimson Pointe - Rockford, IL

Extremely Disappointed

We had such high hopes for this place for my MIL. Their "sales pitch" is excellent, but it is not true. My MIL has been a resident there for less than a month and it's been nothing but problems. She is ignored by the night CNA's they will come to her room, say they'll be right back and never return. Recently she had a bad case of diarrhea that went on for days. When my MIL called for help, the CNA came in the room, opened a window, sprayed some air freshener and left ... Leaving my MIL to sit in her soiled bed for hours!
Within a few days of that, we were called my the nurse saying my MIL was being uncooperative and refused to get out of bed. 911 was called. She is now in the hospital with a fever of 103.9, dehydrated, and has been diagnosed with C diff!!
We are seriously considering other options.

Five Star Reviews

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It was a pleasure speaking with you directly regarding your concerns. At Crimson Pointe, as you would expect, we desire to exceed the expectations of our residents and families and I apologize that your initial experience did not meet that standard. Per our conversations I am confident that we have a plan in place to ensure that we can provide the lifestyle and care for your loved one that meets and hopefully exceeds your expectations. Thanks again for your feedback. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the community. Kind regards, Sarah.

Take a look

This community looked a little dark inside, however it did look clean inside. The staff seemed nice and they offer some nice activities. This community had a waiting list which would not work for us.

Very Disappointed!

We were impressed with everything. We thought we found the perfect place for our mom. She was assessed by their staff. We were told she was level 1 and a good fit for Crimson Pointe.

We moved her in only to be called 24 hours later. We were then told we had to pick her up as soon as possible. It was not possible for her to stay. They didn't even give Mom a chance to get acclimated to her new environment. We had to move Mom back home and we are starting over. We were told the refund will take 30-45 days.

We are very disappointed.

My caution is: their staff is incompetent to access patients. Get something in writing if they access your loved one.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Resident Services Director and I want you to know that we take all concerns very seriously. We absolutely wanted this to be a good experience for your mother and for your family and tried very hard to make it work. As you know, seniors can have significant changes in a short period of time. The comfort, safety and happiness of each resident is so important to us. When these changes have occurred and we can no longer meet the needs of the resident or our state regulations, it is our ethical obligation to be honest with the family and to help them find the appropriate community. In the meantime, we put extra measures and resources in place to keep the resident safe and comfortable while the arrangements for new placement can be implemented. I do understand that this is very stressful for families and we try very hard to help in every way that we can. Please reach out to me if you need for us to take further actions and I am sincerely sorry as we wanted this to work too. Sincerely, Matthew Hopkins.

It is a nice community. The staff and director are great they go above and beyond on their job. There is a great atmosphere with everyone there. She said food is good. Everyone is sweet and friendly. I dont have any complaints at all. She is happy and so am I.

We are really happy with it.

We are really happy with it. I really like it there. Mike the director has done an especially great job, he really went above and beyond. The staff is nice, the apartment is nice. It's sunny and pleasant, it's a nice atmosphere. The location is nice, we are really happy. She likes the food too. They have a cute little bistro and the dining room is pleasant.

Crimson Pointe - A Great Place for Mom

We moved my Mom into Crimson Pointe about a month ago. When we first visited CP, we were pleased with the fact that the facility was clean and neat, and the residents all looked clean, neat and well cared for. Since my Mom moved in - we are impressed that we are greeted by name by many of the staff, and they are all very friendly. The other residents talk to us as well. It seems my Mom is starting to feel like she fits in, for which we are grateful.

They did really good.

They did really good. My mom hasn't been easy to work with. They are working with her. The nurses were good to me. They are getting her medications, and they are taking good care of her. They have done everything I could have asked. They make it a point to get her involved. They are accommodating her, the nurse practitioner is awesome. They made us feel special and welcome, my mom picked out the place, she liked that.

Former family member

I had my mother here at the community for several years. they assured me that they could take care of my mother and i believed them. my mother suffer's from dimentia. The care my mother recieved was ok then when her dimentia increased the care started to falter. I grew very concerned about the care she was getting and and event happened where we were to late to adress this and ended up needing more care in a different enviroment. I wish the community would have helped me with this and not assured me they could provide the care before it was to late.

MIke Barr and Mike Ebenson ...

MIke Barr and Mike Ebenson were really great and you could tell they cared about their residents and facility. We were able to take my dad for a tour as well but felt this was not the best fit for dad since he is very alert and pretty independent still and we wanted to make sure he was going to be able to have good interaction with others. the facility was very nice and clean, staff were friendly and definitely appeared to like their work.

Nice People

My mother was there. She's in nursing care now. The place was clean and the people were nice. She didn't participate in the activities so I don't know about those.

What an Excellent Experience

They're ver nice there. I had a little bit of trouble with the care in the beginning but it seems to be worked out now. I think with the tranisition to move in they did a fabulous job to make it easier. They would mount things on the wall, anything to help.

They're excellent at finding lost hearing aids! It's really been a good experience. They really work hard to make it a good experience for the residents. The waiters in the dining room, I don't know where they find them, but they are fabulous with little old ladies!

Crimson Pointe is an assisted living retirement community in Rockford, Illinois. We are committed to providing a lifestyle for our seniors that emphasizes family, friends and community. We invite you to experience our warm sociable atmosphere where quality of care and quality of life go hand in hand, insuring an environment of safety, independence and security.

Call us today for more information or a tour!