Experience Personalized Senior Living with 5-Star Resort Hospitality at the Areas Most Affordable Prices. The Atrium Assisted Living of Rockford provides everything you need with a warm and personal touch Be our guest at one of northern Illinois finest Assisted Living communities and enjoy quality food, friends, activities and atmosphere second-to-none. Discover the LifeHOUSE difference in compassionate care and learn more about the industry leading amenities and features that set us apart.

At The Atrium, our professional staff is devoted to delivering only the highest level of personalized service and providing life enriching moments for our community members and their families, every moment of every day.

Welcome Home to The Atrium.

Friendly Staff

I absolutely recommend this place . My dad is comfortable, happy, and perfectly content . They have a very friendly staff who is always on top of everything. I am very pleased with how competent they are and how knowledgeable. From what I've seen the food smells good and it looks good. My father's favorite snack is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he always has it.

Good Choice

They are doing a good job of taking care of my loved one at The Atrium. The staff is caring and friendly. They are easy to communicate with if I have any questions or concerns. The staff seems well equipped of how to handle the residents and their care needs. They are making sure her personal care needs are met. I like the way the staff interacts with the residents. They have a capacity to have up to 39 residents max. There seems to be a good ratio of staff to residents. I'm going today to join my loved one for lunch at the community. I have seen that they provide snacks for the residents two times a day. We are still getting adjusted to the schedule and routines. They put a monthly brochure of their care plan and activities. They provide outings and excursions for the residents. There are two enclosed courtyards that have benches and umbrellas for them to go outside and enjoy the fresh air. I feel we have made a very good choice here at The Atrium. I know that she is safe and secure.

Warm & Loving

So far it is going pretty good at The Atrium, The staff is very warm and loving and are attentive to her care needs. t is a very clean environment.The staff members are easy to communicate with regarding any questions or concerns regarding her care. They are very welcoming and friendly when we come to visit. Our loved one seems to really enjoy being there, she is happy and comfortable, not frightened, so she spends a lot of her time out of her room. She has a nice studio that I decorated with her things so that it looks like home. There are two nice courtyards where she is able to go outside and enjoy the fresh air. She does enjoy the activities that they provide, she recently attended a bus trip with the residents to a nearby park. We are very happy with the care they are providing her. I would recommend The Atrium to friends and family.

Caring and loving place to live

Dad was only at the Atrium for a short period but the love and care he received while there was wonderful to observe. The workers truly care about the residents.
One example: One evening Dad and I were the last two to leave the dining room after supper. A lady was cleaning up and mopping the floor. A resident with a walker entered the dining room.
The lady asked , "[Removed] (not her real name) where are you going".
[Removed] replied, "I'm looking for someone to talk to."
The lady put down her mop and said, "Come on [Removed]. I'll find someone for you to talk with."
The two of them went out to find someone, probably another resident, to talk with [Removed].
I think this little story represents the attitude and training of the staff at the Atrium.

Friendly tour guide!

I took a tour of The Atrium and thought it was a nice place. The person that took me around was very friendly and informative. The facility was clean as nice, but I did not think it was the best fit for my mother at the time.

The Atrium is a caring safe place

Caring staff whose focus is on the residents. There interactions with Dad are kind and patient. We are so happy Dad is in such a caring facility.
Dad ordered coffee for snack. The staff brought it quickly. When I explained he really wanted black tea, she smiled and went to get it right away. No sign of irritation at all.

The Atrium is a Great Place!

The Atrium has been a great choice for us for our Mom.

Enjoyable staff members!!

My aunt was only at this community for a short stay but she seemed to have a pleasant experience while she was there. She had no complaints about the food and seemed to enjoy the company of the other residents through different games and activities. Overall we where happy with our time there and have no issues.

Sneak up!

I was able to take a bit of a tour here. I did like what I saw. the residents were out and being active and the staff seemed to be doing a good job.

Mom seems to be content

Mom is new to the Atrium and she is doing very good. My experience with staff has been wonderful, they are very welcoming and helpful with suggestions. The community is nicely maintained and there are plenty of activities for the residents to enjoy. The food could use some improvement. Overall, we've had a positive experience with the community.

Review of The Atrium-Rockford, Il

Great facility for memory care. Not quite what I was looking for. Too restrictive

A great place so far

The building is very clean and obviously taken care of. The staff seems to really care about the well being of the patients. The residents who participate really seem to be having fun while doing the activities. A great place so far.

Very nice staff,great deal of energy put in to making mom feel welcome

It's been pretty good so far. They are taking pretty good care of my mom so far. I haven't heard any complaints about food or activities. The staff and the other residents are all pretty friendly. I haven't found any extra fees or hidden charges so far. Everything has gone pretty smoothly. I chose them because they were one of the most reasonably priced places we considered.

Excellent memory care

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but so far they've done an excellent job overall, I'd give them 5s across the board. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff all seem very caring. They do an excellent job looking after residents with memory issues.

Just more expensive

This was very very nice. The only difference was the price, this was more expensive. The one thing I thought was a good thing was that their doors were locked at all times, you could not get in or out of the building without a code and for people that have Alzheimer's or "brain disease" as I call it, where they don't know what they're doing and wander off, there's no way they could get out of that building. It was very open, they had a large courtyard, it was very clean, never had an odor it was just more or less the price.

Great Job!

The care is very good. I don't have anything to complain about. The value is hard to comment on because I don't have anything to comapre this to. I don't feel like I'm being overcharged. The activities are good when my dad cooperates. They're there for him to do and he likes the little exercise things and the sing alongs. I can't think of anything for them to improve on. They do an excellent job. They just started a thing where once a month they get all the relatives in a we talk about how things are going.

This place doesn't take medicaid and ...

This place doesn't take medicaid and I was going to go to a palce that was mroe money for the entry fee and more money monthly but I went and looked here, spoke to a lady who gave me a tour and then the executive director came to my house and then I put my wife there. It's been excellent. It's a big building and then it's kind of goofy where they added on another section of the building and in the front of it there are peopel that I call 4s and 5s (less cognitive) and then in the back are the 6s and 7s, people that are going to die. She eats liek a horse, 3 meals a day and snacks and I've had 3 hernia operations, I could almost do one myself, and I can just pick her up, things have just gone downshill, we just have to roll with the punches. This was the least expensive in town, the do have nominal increases but this is like a little city and she's out there, she's happy.

Day program -Comfortable environment, individual attention

My mother attended the Atrium's day care program, and also stayed for one weekend.
The facility was recently remodeled and now features many activities as part of their Montessori program. My mom was kept busy and received individualized attention. When there weren't activities, or if she didn't want to participate, staff were able to find things for her to do.

The staff at the Atrium are great! They really knew how to work with my mom's Alzheimer quirks and keep her as engaged as possible.

Good Care - Very Attentive

This is the first place my dad has ever been so it's hard to judge the value. It's probably a pretty good rate for what we get. He's been there a couple of months and I would say the care services are done very well. I get calls from the nurses every time there is a change or a question so they seem very attentive to the needs of my dad.

It's a montesory based facility and it's fairly new. It seems like they do quite a few things. They give me an activity calender every month. My dad seems to like it. It's a dementia care facility so he has his own ideas about what it is. I haven't eaten there yet but he seems happy with the food.