Bickford of Rockford - Rockford, IL

Helpful staff

While looking into a few options for my love one, I found that this property is a little bit higher than the place I actually moved forward with. Also they didn’t have enough staffing for what she needs medically. However, my staff interaction with them was good. They are very helpful, just unfortunately was not a good fit.

I so want to live here. They have actual apts. Not just rooms.[Removed] was so helpful and encouraging.The residents were smiling and the food looked good.They consider this your home and they are providing services in your place. I like that concept. Plus they are pet friendly. That is certainly a plus.

2nd Choice

We toured this community and it was very nice but all they had was 1 room open and it was on the second floor and they wanted to be on the first floor. They were huge rooms. It was very clean. The staff was helpful and answered all of my questions. Great outdoor area too.

This was my first experience with looking at Assisted Living and it was very encouraging. The building is beautiful and had lovely season decorations outdoors and in. I went at dinner time and the food smelled delicious. Residents seemed to be at several levels of mobility, but everyone seemed to have any assistance they needed. They offer exercise classes and physical therapy which my Mom really wants and have a good outdoor space to sit and enjoy the garden. Pet-friendly is a plus!

More of a nursing home feel....

When we toured Bickford, we did not like the feel, we felt that it had more of an institutional feel when you go in instead of feeling like home. It was the call lights, they made it feel that way.

A good tour

This seemed like a nice community when I visited. The people I met were nice and they offered some nice amenities. This community did not have an opening at the time we toured it.

Wonderful Staff!!

The staff at this community have all been wonderful to my loved one while she has been in there care. They are attentive to her needs and make sure she is comfortable in her living environment. She enjoys participating in activities with the other residents from time to time and has made many friends. The only thing that they say she could improve on is the meals they serve.

Not for our loved one.

The Bickford of Rockford was in the middle of a remodel when we visited. The community was nicely kept and clean throughout. Our first impression was not the best. As we walked in there were several residents sitting in their wheelchairs at the entrance. They did seem to offer some activities for the residents but they obviously needed more to keep the residents entertained. Our loved one was looking for independent living and the first impression did not make it feel like that type of community. The meal plan that they offer is for three meals a day and we only wanted one meal a day.

Everything Has Gone Well

Overall, they have been very accommodating and so far everything has gone well. For the most part I think that they are very professional and are trying very hard to take care of my loved one. The food is very good and it seems to be a very nice facility.

Everything is great.

Everything is great. We don't have any concerns about how clean it's kept or how friendly the staff is. It's wonderful. My loved one is very happy and so are we. I would rate them very highly.

She is doing really well, and has adjusted well. The people are all real friendly, the staff is very accommodating. I would recommend it to anybody. It's so clean, you walk in the front lobby and it's like a nice hotel, it's nicely decorated, and just really nice. They come in the room and keep it clean. The meals are great, and I have eaten there several times, and they offer several choices that you can order if you don't like it. It's really working out well.

They have been excellent. We are very appreciative of them. It's kept clean, and the staff is friendly. I think the value is just as good as everything else. The food is good, and there are plenty of activities. We are very happy with them.

very nice could be a possibility

very nice could be a possibility

seems nice, private pay, large company.

seems nice, private pay, large company.

Very nice facility and staff and neig...

Very nice facility and staff and neighbors! Not sure if this is her style.

Nothing can replace home. At Bickford of Rockford, we don’t ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into ours and make it yours. Through personalized independent living and assisted living services, we invite you to share your stories with us, to see Bickford as an extension of your home.