Cherryvale Place - Rockford, IL

Cherryvale Place - Rockford, IL has yet not published prices.

Impressed

This is an amazing place. Staff is helpful and friendly. [name removed] is so very helpful And kind. She takes her time and genuinely cares about your needs.

Enlivant Marketing

Karen - thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We're so glad you've entrusted us with your loved one's care and that you are having a good experience. Let us know if you need anything else!

A very clean place and friendly welcome from [name removed] at the front desk.

Enlivant Marketing

Thanks so much for your kind review. We're glad you're having a good experience with us!

I came in all the time a i have say how friendly everyone is especially [name removed] at the front desk always smiling and laughing.
She is great with the residents . Its so refreshing to see.

Enlivant Marketing

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback. We will certainly forward your note to her and the team.

Impressed

I arm impressed with this place. Staff are amazing! Such a clean friendly environment. My favorite is [name removed] ! What a helpful, kindhearted, generous lady! Thank you [name removed] for treating all residents with respect and dignity.

Enlivant Marketing

Karen - thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback. We really appreciate it and we're thrilled you're having a great experience with us.

Impressed

I arm impressed with this place. Staff are amazing! Such a clean friendly environment. My favorite is [name removed]. ! What a helpful, kindhearted, generous lady! Thank you Annette for treating all residents with respect and dignity.

Enlivant Marketing

Karen - thanks for entrusting us with your love one's care and taking the time to leave this thoughtful feedback. We're thrilled you're having a great experience at our community.

Recommended

Dad was there for three years on memory care. Memory care was pretty good but varies some on who's working and the staffing. Overall the place is clean but they could use more house keeping staff. Most staff are friendly and helpful especially the concierge there [name removed]. It's not bad for value compared to other places especially if you get into a companion rate /room. Care services are OK..again it varies. Heartland hospice helps too when applicable. Overall I would recommend it.

Enlivant Marketing

Jim - thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take feedback very seriously and take this as an opportunity to improve.

[name removed] at the front desk is always so helpful and smiling! She is real professional and always has a positive attitude. It’s so cheerful to be greeted by someone like her!

[name removed] is a plus!

My mom was at Cherryvale Place for about a year. The staff was real friendly and helpful. My mom was on the Alzheimer’s floor. I wished that they had more activities at the time she was there.
The big plus of her stay was the front desk receptionist [name removed]. She always greeted us with a warm smile and hello! She was always willing to go out of her way to help us with whatever we had questions or concerns on. She is always warm, loving and helpful to the residents also. A real plus to Cherryvale Place!!

Wonderful place for your loved one!

So many improvements have happened since new management. Beautiful decor and attention to detail, inside and out. The most pleasant, helpful, caring receptionist I've ever had the pleasure of knowing! [name removed] is the face of Cherryvale Place and does a fantastic job. Always looks and acts like a professional while making everyone feel like a friend. That smile is priceless! Caring nursing staff and aides. Walking path for residents is needed.

Former employee

[name removed] the receptionist was very polite and friendly. She is really good with people. She helped me get a part-time job there. I left for personal reasons BUT I really enjoyed my time there and really liked my co-workers.

It’s a good place!

Staff is very friendly and caring. Value is good quality for the price. Activities could be more cognitive learning focused and socially engaging for the reluctant residents.

Nice but no continuing care, hospice or anything like that.

Most staff was great while others could not care. Management for this facility is not good. Had difficulty trying to reach the management either they were always in meetings and never returned calls for a week or sometimes never. They also let dogs live there which is fine but the carpets had an odor.

Review of Cherry Vale Place

Improving under new management. Biggest downside is staff. Activities director needs to spend more time planning events so residents will have fun. They have so little to look forward to . Senior nursing staff is unprofessional + uncaring at times. Response time to calls from residents is awful! CNAs have sloppy appearance and always complaining. Residents need a walking path around the premises and access to outdoor patio.

Review of Cherryvale Place

Food selection good, housekeeping very good.

Review of Cherryvale Place

After visting five facilities, I chose Cherryvale Place as the best for my wife to be taken care of. Not perfect but is very good.

Review of Cherryvale Place

Very kind, compassionate and clean. Communication staff very friendly+helpful. Nursing staff some times overwhelmed.

Review of Cherryvale Place

I like it very well here. Sleep good in my room and sure eat good. Nice people work here in the dining room. So am pretty happy here.

Review of Cherryvale Place

There are plentiful activities here, there meals a day in a nice dining hall. The staff is fabulous from the nurses to the aids to the servers and reception. They truly care about the residents here.

Review of Cherryvale Place

CVP's staff are all very caring employees to the residents. From what I have observed. The food is good and the menu has a a variety of items. One area of improvement could be more support for the residents on the main floor regarding loneliness and isolation in their apartments. Perhaps they could be offered and engaged in meaningful volunteer work.

Review of Cherryvale Place

The CNA's +RNs/LPN's are very nice. They always answer my questions and do what they can to help. The food is ok, I don't know what you can do to make it a little better. I'm not telling you what my father says. I had to clean the windows, there was a white film on them.

Review of Cherryvale Place

Tables always neat/clean napkins/cloth. Dinning room: coffee serving_refill slow. Food: mostly good. Cleaning: Fair. Staff: sometimes demeaning, caring could have better response after fire alarm/cause.

Review of Cherryvale Place

I have been enjoying this community. There are a number of wonderful people.

Review of Cherryvale Place

I think everything is great here!!!

Review of Cherryvale Place

I enjoy life here - the people that work here are very nice.

Review of Cherryvale Place

We're very happy with the facility and the staff. Everyone is very friendly and always seem like they are glad to be here and help our families.

Very nice place, lots of good upgrades going on. Rooms were great, amenities...beautiful. Seems to have plenty of activities. Location is good. Staff was friendly.

Love it here

We have a friend here and it is great. The staff is fantastic and top notch. They are very attentive and keep us well informed. It has a nice courtyard area. They serve 3 great meals a day in a lovely dining area. They have a calendar of daily activities they will engage him to enjoy. I would recommend this to families.

Recommended

Cherryvale Place is a fairly new community, and to me, they have all the comforts that anyone could possibly need. The staff there absolutely care about their residents, and I personally would not hesitate to recommend Cherryvale Place to anyone.

Great staff interaction

It is a hard adjustment for my love one moving here, but I think she’s happy. She is getting the right care and she’s actually getting out of that room. She’s being for social and interacting with other people instead of just conversing with me. The staff here is also very knowledgeable and communicative. My love one and I agree that they could use more staffing, but with the amount that they have they are very competent in giving the correct care to the residents. The nursing staff is pretty good with her, they assist with straightening out her pills and they always call me if there is an issue. My love one goes down to the dining area to eat and she is making friends. The other residents that she socializes with are very welcoming. Also, a good feature is that if you give them a days’ notice they can take you to doctor appointments.

This place was similar to others I looked at but more expensive. They are remolding the place which should be nice. They are also pet friendly.

Room for improvements

This is a nice community. They stay in the independent living. The aides come in and help with showers and they seem nice. I think the nurse isn't giving my loved one her medicine at the correct times. And we haven't received a follow up call from the director to see how things are going. They are still doing renovations and its lingering around. They can go out on bus trips and enjoyed that. They aren't real impressed with the food there you have 2 options then you also can get a sandwich too. I would still recommend this community.

Was given may choose to pick from and was pleased with the first one that emailed me back. My Dad has been there for over a month now at Cherryvale Place and is extremely happy there as well as my sister and I no longer have to worry about him being alone and falling.

Not the right fit

We toured Cherryvale Place. It was a very nice and clean community. They offered to have her mixed into the assisted living downstairs residents, versus upstairs with the dementia patients. I didn't feel comfortable that the facility was secure enough to keep my loved one from wandering off.

Nice Community

We really liked Cherryvale Place community. It is a very nice facility. The staff members were very friendly and welcoming. It had a good feel to the atmosphere. All of our family members could not agree at the time of where was the best place for our loved one, but this community was top on my list.

Move Going Well

My aunt is doing well with her move to this community.

Perfect fit!

Nice and clean community. The staff was very helpful and professional. There are plenty of activities and the staff promotes the residents to participate which really helps my husband because he is usually not sociable. He adjusted really well with the experience. The staff always makes sure we are well informed about his care. The food was perfect for my husband who is a picky eater. They served restaurant style with two entrees. The provided good substitute options if he didn't like the entrees, such as hamburgers. The location was perfect for us and I had such a good rapport with everyone in the community I didn't need to tour any other facility. It was a perfect fit and I would recommend this place to all my friends and family.

They have been very good to our family!!

My father has recently made the move into this community and so far we have no complaints with how things are going for him. The staff are very friendly and have made sure to accommodate his needs to the best of there ability. He has had no issues with the meals they provide and enjoys participating from time to time in the activity program they have throughout the week. Overall we are very happy and would recommend them to anyone.

I do not recommend this community.

This community was nice when my loved one first moved in. The community has since become under new management and things have declined. The food has gone downhill and they have had a lot of turnover. There are leaks in the building. The staff were not able to meet the resident personnel needs. The community was a pretty place. They have lost about half of their residents since the change.

Keep looking at other places

My mother was there for 2 years, and the rates increased, but the services promised did not. In fact, since the last name change/buy out, it became unbearable. My mom ended up in the hospital. Very unclean, understaffed, little to no care services, and very [Removed] in the care of my mother. We took her to another facility when we realized how bad Cherry Vale Place had got!

Comfort for mom!

My mother is adjusting well since her move to Cherryvale Place. The place is quite clean and well organized. They have a large variety of activities and keep her busy. The food is good as well. It has been a good experience for us so far.

Good Facility

The short time we've used thee services. we are very pleased.

We Have A Great Team Here

My husband is not able to do much due to his health not getting better. However, it is going fine and there has been no issues. The care has been great from staff that are really nice. [Removed], the front desk, is so nice. She can make your day and she is uplifting and wonderful. [Removed] is great with all she does for us.

The Community Is Going Through Changes

Since moving my mother-in-law into this community there has been changes. They are now under a new company and now there are new people and they are not getting communication about things we need.

A great option!

The community at Cherryvale Place is a wonderful place. It was our second choice as our first choice is owned by the same company. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They were willing to perform the necessary updates within the apartment for our loved one to move in. The community overall is very well kept and updated throughout.

Cherryvale Place, our conveniently located assisted living and memory care community in Rockford, IL offers all the amenities you need within minutes of this well-maintained, beautifully landscaped community. With a full-time licensed nurse available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care, we strive to maintain each resident's independence in our pet friendly community. We encourage our residents to take advantage of our exercise room, pool table and game room, and design fun excursions including outings to the forest preserves and parks around the Rock River, luncheons, and live entertainment. Our goal is to offer our residents the opportunity to thrive in mind and body by developing individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident. Schedule a visit to explore our senior living and memory care community in Rockford, IL.