Citrus Hills Senior Living - Orange, CA

Caution: Not safe

Caution: Do not send your loved ones to live and be cared for to this facility.

I found [name removed], clearly a resident with memory care needs, on the street in front of the facility on [date removed]. This is a busy street, there was morning traffic, and she was in her wheel chair struggling to cross the street. By the time I made a U-turn in my car, she was in the street and I had to park and take her back inside the facility. The staff hadn’t even realized she was gone. When I found a staff representative, they explained her security bracelet was broken and on back order. They knew she was a wanderer and had no back-up plan in place to keep [name removed] safe and from leaving the building! I’ve spoken twice to the director, [name removed], and she said legally they didn’t need to have a gate around their facility, since they were not a memory care facility. She told me they filed a report which would go to the state, that [name removed]’s case worker had been notified, and [name removed]’s son. I asked her to tell the son to call me in order to be sure her family was notified. I never received a call, so I question what has been communicated. I would NEVER allow my loved ones to live here.

We are happy with this home

My mother lives here. We have been pretty happy with Citrus Hills the past several months. We tried one other home before this and we are much happier with CH! The facility is older, but we are happier with the staff here than we were at a "fancier" facility. The staff has great communication with us and they seem to take good care of the residents and to really care about their well being. They call us if there are any issues and when we come to visit they give us detailed updates. The floor staff are helpful and responsive. It is also reasonably priced.
My only negative comment would be with the maintenance-they have not fixed several things that need to be fixed in her room.

Review of Emeritus at Orange Assisted Living in Orange, CA

Visited. Older property. Did not care for it

Really kind staff - super open and sm...

Really kind staff - super open and smiley, made me feel welcome. The building is located on a small street off Chapman, so it's tucked away from the main road. There was a lovely indoor courtyard.

I was not impressed with this community

I was not impressed with this community. The building smelled. The staff seemed ok. I got the feeling that you would need to not know who you are when you get here. None of the residents seemed unhappy, and some of the rooms were nice, but some of them were not very nice at all. Just not the community for us.

David Virden

We are sorry your tour of our community did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured we work diligently to provide each resident with high quality care and make them feel truly unique as a member of our family.

I feel like I got what I paid for.

I feel like I got what I paid for. The only issue I have had is that there were several times that we had to discuss the medication management. Other than that they were great, nothing to complain about or have improved. They even furnished the room so I wouldn't have to bring furniture in, since it was only a short stay.

I find the Staff to be very friendly ...

I find the Staff to be very friendly and efficient at their Jobs.
They have bent over backwards to help me, since my wife died here on the 21 of Feb. I and my pup have been totally accepted. Most of the Residents are also very friendly.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.