Emerald Place - Glenview, IL

Emerald Place - Glenview, IL has yet not published prices.

It’s all about family-
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s is challenging to say the least and having family to support you is the most important aspect of this process. One of the toughest decisions that you will make as a care provider is to transition your loved one out of the home and in to a full-time facility. There are many choices out there and the horror stories are plenty. Completing research is exhausting, both physically and mentally, and the fear of your loved one’s neglect is generally your highest concern (no one can ever love and care for them as much as you). In my opinion and from the bottom of my heart, I believe that The Emerald Place is the best choice for Alzheimer’s care in the Chicago area.
I’m living it. I spent nearly 6 months researching facilities across the Chicagoland area, landing initially on in-home care and eventually moving to a full-time facility ONLY because my dad was required as a hospital admit. My first-choice option for a facility was not open at the time as it was still under construction. We enrolled my dad at the second choice and it was not the right fit. We ultimately disenrolled my dad and brought him back home until our first-choice option, The Emerald Place, opened.
My research was spot on!
At the Emerald Place- it’s family. Not only does your family member get support but you become a part of an expanded family who welcomes you in to a community of love, compassion, and care where the needs of the disease are met and exceeded. It is where you can immerse yourself in education about how to receive and provide the best care not only for your loved one but for yourself as well. It is where you can sing and dance, hug and cry, share stories, and relax. It is where you don’t have to worry about the details and stress of what is happening to your loved one because the people here love them just as much as your family. It is where you can find peace. The family-focused activities, group events, and holistic approach to care are what sets The Emerald Place apart.
My dad has been at The Emerald Place since it opened nearly 8 months ago. When he first arrived in the care community, he was a direct hospital admit, meaning he rode from the ambulance to the facility as his health was such that he could no longer remain with in-home care. Today, he is one of the most active, exuberant, and lively individuals there. He walks, dances, sings, and participates in the daily events that the incredible team of care providers offers.
While the disease causes a decline in dad’s traditional definition of health, dad’s spirit improves. I attribute this to the approach, team, environment, services, and sense of family that exists at The Emerald Place.
My dad isn’t the only one who has displayed improvements in the past 8 months. Both my mother and I have also seen a tremendous reduction of stress and return of happiness and faith that each moment of dad’s life is comfortable. This is directly tied to the holistic approach of The Emerald Place, where the belief is that Alzheimer’s affects everyone and that the family is cared for through a focus on group social events, blended activities, educational events, and a genuine care and concern for the family.
You will not find care providers, nurses, volunteers, administrative team members, and environmental services and food services staff who every single moment of the day genuinely love and care for your family member and you anywhere else in the Chicagoland area. A single individual cannot care for someone who suffers from Alzheimer’s- it takes a family, and this is what you will find at The Emerald Place.

I first heard of Emerald Place through my association/involvement with the Glenview Chamber of Commerce. At that time my uncle was in a facility where there was not much engagement. He basically was looked after for "basic" needs and mainly stayed in room with TV on. He had no desire, and had lost most ability, to communicate and would not feed himself...we thought he was "on his way out". After meeting [name removed] and learning about the type of care and engagement Emerald Place was offering, me and family visited the facility. Were excited at how they engaged their residents and made every effort to get them involved in various activities. SO, the next step was to get my uncle evaluated to see if he was a "fit" . [Name removed] went to facility were uncle was and determined that Emerald Place would be a good fit. About a week later, my uncle moved in. It's been about 5 months now and, WOW, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! There is rarely a time that I visit the uncle is in his room; he is usually in an activity or in a group session, whether it is "arts and crafts", "music/karaoke", "trivia game", "chair exercises" or simply having a discussion on "what's going on"..he is always being engaged. Outside entertainment performers are also brought in to engage the residents. The results have been, to us, his family, miraculous! He converses, he laughs, he even has painted, with a bit of help, some pretty good pictures! AMAZING! He even feeds himself as best he can (has trouble cutting stuff up and with soup). This place has been a Godsend. Definitely the place I would want to be in if I was in the same situation as my uncle, which is a scary thought, but at least I know a place like this exists. GOOD JOB Emerald Place!

My father began to lose his physical and then memory skills during his 95th year. He had prided himself on his independence and had a difficult time adapting to his lose of Depression-Era pride. My family was blessed to find Emerald Place in Glenview. Its physical environment felt like home. Residents were able to move about the secured and monitored facilities with caregivers alert to their needs and location. Provided activities drew out language and memory skills through enjoyable activities. All residents were spoken to by name and caregivers took the time on a frequent basis to engage them in conversation about their lives. Sometimes, this can be a tricky population to manage but Emerald Place did so with compassion and loving care. My father was at Emerald Place for a short time but we will be forever grateful for making my father's remaining days peaceful .

[Name removed]
daughter

My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease about seven years ago, and up until November of 2017, he was able to stay at home, with some occasional help from caregivers. At that time, it was necessary to look close to home for a facility that offered only memory care. My specific requirements were that the place had to be clean, the staff had to be trained to engage residents other than a few words now and then, and the accommodations had to be pleasant.

Emerald Place opened in December of 2017, and they offered a brand new facility, a young-thinking paradigm toward memory care, a fabulous engagement piece, and the accommodations were wonderful. My husband was one of the first five residents at the facility. His has a sociable nature and the Emerald Place made a perfect fit for him.

As with any new facility, as the resident population grew, the staff grew, and I never went to sleep worrying about the safety of my husband. Today, the staff and resident population is still growing, and the care is excellent.

The Director, the Community Relations Manager, the nurses, the caregivers, the custodial staff, the engagement folks, and the kitchen staff are attuned to the needs of all of the residents, their families, and to the interactions among the residents and their families.

It is a bright and happy home for my husband. He enjoys his new-found friends, and so do I.

There are simply not enough words to say how blessed and truly grateful I am to the team at Emerald Place. In particular the Community Relations Director and Executive Director are outstanding beyond belief as is frankly the entire team. They moved mountains to help us get my mom where she needed to be, her new home. I say home because that’s what this place has really become for me and my mom. The treatment, care and kindness they have all shown, candidly I was afraid was lost in today’s day and age of elder care. Having already experienced two other places and unfortunately hearing horror stories of others, this place has turned out to be a godsend. Simply put, they have given me my life back. No longer do I worry if she is happy, I can see it all over her face. I don’t worry if she is sleeping as she tells me how wonderful it is to be able to have heat in her room as much as she wants, which I love that the staff always makes sure she is warm and cozy. In addition, not only is the food great but they make sure to help her eat if she needs. For anyone having to face this, I’ve been there and I understand what you are going through. I was in your very shoes so I am hoping this review will help ease your minds a bit because I cannot say enough good things about Emerald! They are simply the best, will treat your loved one the best and will make you feel part of them as they are truly one big family. I will be forever grateful to them!!!!

Two Thumbs Up For Emerald Place, Glenview

An excellent facility. Unlike many of the mega-facilities, Emerald is mid-sized. The staff knows all the residents by name, along with their likes, dislikes and needs. The facility is relatively new, scrupulously clean, with a very good and varied menu. They also have a wide range of activities for the residents. Today, for instance, Emerald had a pianist and a very active vocalist engaging the residents in a song-fest in honor of Veterans/Armistace Day.
Medical care is very good, and they specialise in memory care. Emerald also has a small spa, along with a full service salon for grooming needs.
After vetting several alternative locations for my wife, I found Emerald to be the best option.

Emerald Place Provides Loving Care