Dignity Senior Care Homes - San Antonio, TX

My name is Kristy Wilson and I am a Licensed Nurse. My work experience has been in home health and long term care. I have found that service to the elderly is a calling, not just an occupation. Ours is an empire built upon caring, love and a sense of family. We truly value the trust placed in us by our residents and their families. Our mission is to provide our residents with a perfect blend of comfort, security and care in a lifestyle that encompasses all aspects of wellness: spiritual, physical, intellectual, cultural, and social.

Each of our homes is designed to ensure comfort, security and care for senior citizens to enjoy life to its fullest. We have 6-10 residents per house and we are staffed around the clock with LVN’s, CNA’s and HHA’s. Our employees are given extensive training and have passed background and criminal history checks.

Our monthly rate includes three meals a day, nutritional snacks, 24 hour staffing, utilities (including cable and phone) housekeeping, laundry services (personal/linen), medication management, daily living skill assistance, scheduled activities, errands and more.

Best residential care home by far

I had my dad at one of their locations and we are so at peace with our decision. We toured about 10 places and he lived at two others before meeting [Removed] and making our decision. He had been there for two years before he passed. The compassion and professionalism of the staff is top notch. I can't say enough how they have all gone above and beyond to make this easy for him and for our entire family, even as far as letting the grand kids come over as much as they want. If you are looking for a home environment, this is it.
A side note, I do know the gentleman that posted the only negative review and sadly, the situation was such that no matter what the staff did he was never content, which is understandable because it was his wife but the review isn't a fair assessment of the situation, the staff, the nursing care or the home. Make your own decision based on your families needs.

My wife was a resident ,requiring a high level of care , at the Rader Pass location for four and a half months. I spent many hours each day with my wife there. Initially, I just wanted to be with my wife, but I soon learned I had to be there to assure she was being properly cared for. My early concerns with care and food were addressed, but the conditions deteriorated after a while. I think most of my issues stemmed from an inexperienced staff of caregivers ( 19 to 20 years old in some cases) , high level of staff turnover and poor supervision. Issues were safety related, improper medicine management, [Removed]( staff leaving residents unattended) , food handling leading to food poisoning, food preparation (staff couldn't cook with few exceptions). I often brought meals in for my wife because I couldn't stand to see her eat the poor quality meals that were offered.\nI needed a care plan for insurance purposes. This should not have been an issue since a care plan is a requirement by state regulations. But I had to take extreme measures including not paying the last monthly fee on time to finally get a care plan. This gave the owner a \legal\" opportunity in her opinion to evict my wife with three days \" non negotiationable\" to move out\". Under extreme pressure and stress I was able to find a truly caring home and relocate my wife.\nI would note that most of the care givers were very nice and tried to do a good job but in most cases were inexperienced not properly trained and expected to do too much.\nIn summary my experience with Dignity Senior Home was very bad.\n"

Kristy Wilson

Mr. Wilson, We really enjoyed your wife and were happy to be apart of her care team. I do understand how tough it was to see her decline. We are very sorry to hear of her passing. Blessings - Kristy

Tour Was Nice, but Not The Home for Us

I had a pleasant tour of this care home. Everything went well for the most part. Everyone was very friendly, and kind. The home looked nice, and everything appeared to be well-kept. The experience was a nice one, but it was not the care home for my mother.

Kristy Wilson

Thank you so much for taking the time to tour and to leave us a positive feedback. fortunately, there are many options for senior care so I hope you found the right fit for your mom. Should you need us in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Kristy

A wonderful place for mom!!!

We love Dignity Senior Care Homes!! We moved our mom there after we suspected there was some abuse going on in the previous home where she had been living. The owner and staff at Dignity were wonderful!! They welcomed our mom with open hearts and we could see a difference in her immediately. She wasn't afraid to be there and you could tell she felt safe and comfortable. With the staff! We thank God for bringing them to us for our mom!!👍😀

Kristy Wilson

We love your mom, Donna! She is just so precious. Thank you so much for taking time to review us.

Great place for Mom!

I had the pleasure of touring one of the facilities while visiting family in San Antonio. It brings me such peace and joy to know that when my mother needs to relocate, there will be a safe,clean and loving home for her to reside in. I could not imagine allowing her to be cared for by anyone other than Kristy & her amazing staff!

Kristy Wilson

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please let us know if you need our services in the future.

Friendly, caring staff

Our experience with Dignity Senior Care Homes has been a very good one! The caregivers here seemed to be very loving, and I got the feeling that the director genuinely cares about the people who live here. It's a very nice place, and I would recommend it to others looking into care in the area.

Kristy Wilson

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a positive review. It helps other families make important decisions during difficult times.
Kristy

This facility is doing a phenomenal job!

They are doing a phenomenal job! I love this facility!.....Very informative on day to day status update. When I walk in it is not a handshake I receive a hug! I would like to recognize Ava the weekend nurse during the day she treats my father like her father, and I just love the staffs patience with my father. The director is really involved in patient care, always available and she responds right away.

Wonderful place!

They do a wonderful job at Dignity Senior Care Homes! The community is very clean and homey feeling, and the staff are friendly, responsive, and great about staying in touch with the families. You can tell they really get to know the people that they take care of! I like that they let the residents take part in the household activities like cooking and gardening if they wish, it helps them feel productive and like part of a big family! And for what they charge it is a fantastic value, you get a lot of care and service for the cost.
I can't recommend them highly enough!

Kristy Wilson

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! -Kristy

Great caring staff

My mother has been in the home since March of this year. The staff and management of the home are wonderful and caring. They really go out of their way to make my mother comfortable. The home is clean and meals are great. They arrange for outings for the residents, i.e bible study, walks through the neighborhood and bingo.

Kristy Wilson

Sara thank you for your review. Your mom has now been with us almost three years, can you believe it? She's such a blessing!!!

So far so good

Overall it's a good experience so far, very clean and the staff is very friendly.

Cost wise, compared to the other options out there it's fine, even thought the cost of health care is getting way too high. For the value, the activities are pretty consistent during the week, they take my mom out for walks, get her involved in card games and encourage her to be involved. On the weekends its not that consisent, but overall I'm very pleased.

Kristy Wilson

Oh Candace! I am just now seeing your review. We miss your mom so much. I hope you are all well. HUGS! -Kristy

The lady that I have in there is not ...

The lady that I have in there is not happy there at all. I don't know if it's her or if it's the home. I really don't. She's just not a happy person right now. I'm looking for another place to move her and she's going to have to go look at it and talk to the people. I don't know if she'll be happy anywhere.

The people seem very nice and even she says they're nice. It appears to be very clean and the cost is comparable with other places I've looked at. The care seems to be fine - she doesn't complain about the care really. She thinks they're getting her medicines wrong but I've tried to explain to her that the doctor changed some of her medicines so they're not going to be the same as when she was at home. I'm sure they're fine.

Fell in love with the owner

Dignity Senior Care Homes were in close proximity to where I lived, was only about 4 miles away. It is more like a group home which is what we wanted for our situation. As soon as I visited I fell in love with the owner the house manager was very sweet as well. They really seemed to care about my mother even before we decided to move her in. They seem to have a passion for what they do and really care about their residents. The decision was just a no brainer once I met them. I would recommend them to anyone.

I found it too crowded. Senior were w...

I found it too crowded. Senior were well taking care of.

A really nice place..clean..staff ver...

A really nice place..clean..staff very friendly and social..a true home atmosphere..director is extremely helpful

I loved this place. I felt very comfo...

I loved this place. I felt very comfortable with caregivers. All meals, outings, toiletries included in price. Open door policy. A true home for their residents.