Colonial Gardens - San Antonio - San Antonio, TX

Review of Colonial Gardens - San Antonio - San Antonio, TX

Excellent care for my mother in her last days. Generally good to excellent care for my mother especially the last four months as they are continually improving the facility.

Alan Bass

We are glad we could be there for your mother and family during this difficult time.

Review of Colonial Gardens - San Antonio - San Antonio, TX

The facility staff is very clean and does not have the usual ALF “odor”. The staff is always very friendly and always very helpful as a medical professional. It has been a pleasure to work with the staff who has never hesitated to answer questions and help me in my job with my patient currently at your facility. I would like to personally find out that [Removed] the Medtech has been wonderful and has provided as much info as I have needed. [Removed] the activities person so caring and works so well with the residents and have not hesitated to assist me in questions. Thank you for such and a great team and a great facility.

Review of Colonial Gardens - San Antonio - San Antonio, TX

[Removed] is one of the best executive directors that have been at this place. I see her all the time, always with a smile on her care. She helps at with the residents and I have seen her work right alongside with the care givers. Things are really looking up around here.

Review of Colonial Gardens - San Antonio - San Antonio, TX

My father lives at the facility and I am very impressed with Kelly and the staff she has hired. I am grateful for the care my dad receives [Removed] has turned the building around a whole 360°. My dad is happy am doing well. Thanks a lot!!

Review of Colonial Gardens - San Antonio - San Antonio, TX

The staff was awesome, they took very good care of my loved one in a family’s difficult time. It was truly a blessing to have our father here. We will never forget all that you all have done.

Very clean, smells good.

Rating

The staff is knowledgeable and friendly with a excellent staff to resident ratio. The facility is kept clean and the rooms are very nice. I had visited several other facilities and colonial gardens was the best of them all.

NOT THE BEST

Small rooms, food prep cold. Some help set around and do nothing. Others very helpfull not worth the money they charge.

Colonial Gardens Getting Better Each Day

We moved my mother to Colonial Gardens in mid December. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My mother did have a few bumps in getting settled but the executive director, Lydia, and the nurse manager, Gina, worked diligently to make her room more comfortable and create a "plan of care" to meet her needs. Since then, my mother has improved and become more content in her new environment. I feel that the staff of Colonial really tries to care for each resident in the best way possible.

Satisfied Customer

The care was exceptionally good.
The administrator was very attentive to the patients and staff. I was very favorably impressed.
The facility was always clean and well furnished.
The staff was caring and attentive.

I have one complaint. The AC unit was not working properly. Some rooms were always too cold while others were too hot.

I was very satisfied with the care my mother received. I would recommend Colonial Gardens to anyone looking for a care facility.

Valuable Find and a Great Value

The Executive Director impressed us from our first meeting. She has a passion for the care and quality of life of the residents and ensures her staff shares and carries out that vision. I visited 7 other facilities in a 10-mile range of our home and this was our #1 (we were blessed they had an opening). We liked the 100% dedication to Alzheimer's residents; private rooms; outside sitting area; staff-to-resident ratio, professionalism; attending dr.; respect for and attentiveness to our mom; and the value as well as the set cost versus varying "levels of care."

Doing a great job so far!

They're very involved with the patients here! The staff all seem very well trained, and they do a great job at making sure everyone gets some individual attention. Everyone, from the director to the residents themselves, are very friendly. The facility itself is very nice looking, and they always keep it impeccably clean!

This was a very beautiful facility. ...

This was a very beautiful facility. Offered care I'm looking for, but still not in the area I'd like. Cost is above my budget.

Colonial Gardens in San Antonio promotes a living center that is dignified, and does not strip the independence away from a senior. Memory care can be very complicated. We provide a senior living environment that can provide the safety and security that a senior suffering with memory problems will need. Moving a senior out of their home when it becomes a dangerous situation can be disheartening to many families. Moving to a home that is designed for those that are suffering with Alzheimer's and dementia problems can provide the right solution for a family dealing with this type of situation. Senior care for memory problems is our specialty. All of our communities are small, and this can provide the best situation for living for a dementia patient. Our bedrooms are private giving a senior their own space. Care is provided around the clock and this is a very important part of caring for someone with dementia problems. Assisted living can provide many amenities that many families cannot provide in the home. We provide all of the meals and snacks that a senior will need each day. We love to hear about a residents favorite meal, and our chef can prepare this meal for the residents in the home. Senior citizens in the home will have a choice to participate in many activities that can occur each day. Many of our elderly build very strong friendships with other residents in our independent living center as they begin to get involved in all that we offer. Clinically trained nurses work with your loved one's current physician to determine a treatment plan suited to unique needs and level of independence. Leisure time can be spent in the cozy common areas or on the secure, landscaped lawn.