Season's Alzheimer's and Assisted Care - San Antonio, TX

Give your loved one a tranquil and caring environment at Seasons Alzheimer’s Care and Assisted Living. Enriched with a vast experience of working at nursing homes, rehabilitation centers and hospice care, Mona Talukdar is a successful physical therapist since 1993. She is a dedicated professional who understands and attends to emotional as well as medical needs of patients suffering from dementia. Her sincerity and compassion towards the Alzheimer’s patients is commendable. Her strong ability to care for these patients and cater to their needs is reflected in the way she takes up the responsibility as a director at the perfect assisted living facility, Seasons Alzheimer’s Care.

Looking for peaceful

Season's Alzheimer's and Assisted Care is a new and nice community. The environment struck me as echoing and loud. It was not a peaceful and calming atmosphere. They had separate buildings with different functions for senior care. It was not a good fit for our loved one.

Best Care Ever!

We were at the Season's on Old Tezel Rd, and the staff are incredibly loving and patient with the residents, as well as the families!

Professional, caring, and responsive.

Professional, caring staff. My brother has been there for more than a year. Meals are good and nutritious. My brother is kept clean and groomed. The management staff is quite responsive to any requests. When needed he is given prompt medical care. He confided in my daughter recently that it was the best place he has been.

After dealing with three other senior facilities, it was a blessing when I moved my aunt to the Seasons. These folks are head and shoulders above most other like facilities in San Antonio. The folks there are genuine, caring compassionate people that keep the patients's interest and well-being foremost. I would heartily recommend the Seasons and the staff there for anyone considering care for their lived ones.

Wonderful Place

My Mother has been a resident at Old Tezel location for almost a year. I was at my wits end because she had lived independently up to the age of 92 years and was insistent (and resistant) that she should continue to do so. Mona T was recommended to me and I can't say enough good words about her approach to handling residents. She also imparts this to her Staff. The aide to patient ratio is wonderful and they are very caring. All of this is so important to me because neither I nor my son live in the area so we must trust the Staff with total care of my Mother. From the beginning I have had no qualms or concerns about the care given. The Staff is very conscientious about keeping us aware of any little situation that might be of concern as well as sending pictures from time to time. They also give updates regularly on the positive aspects and their activities. If anyone is considering Season's, please visit and you will get the good feelings I did the first time and also honest evaluation on how your loved one will be cared for from Mona.

Total care that gives you peace of mind.

Mom is 87 yrs. old and has been living at Seasons for seven months. The Seasons is spacious, new, and welcoming. The food is like Mom's home cooking with a healthy variety that appeals to everyone's appetite. The staff is caring and attentive with the emphasis on personalized care that dignifies those who need help at this difficult time in their life. Seasons truly provides total care without additional hidden costs. With Mom at Seasons, the family knows that she is safe and well cared. Our family has peace of mind because - Mom is home.

A Great Place For My Dad

The Alzheimer’s journey with a loved one is not an easy road. Each and every day is a new day for someone who is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. This disease does not discriminate and no two patients are alike. I thank God for people like Mona [removed] and her staff at the Seasons Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care Facility on Old Tezel Road in San Antonio, Texas. I moved my dad from another facility in Texas, when I was told that they could no longer handle his behavior. It was a large Alzheimer’s facility. If they couldn’t take care of my dad, who would. Talk about feeling helpless and alone! My husband visited several facilities in San Antonio. It was Mona and the Seasons environment that sold him on a place for dad. My dad joined the Seasons family in August 2015. I felt obligated to let Mona know that my dad was in the stage of Alzheimer’s disease where he would become easily agitated and loud outbursts were the norm. Mona reassured me they handle all stages of the disease. Mona and her most compassionate staff welcomed my dad with open arms. Their actions speak volumes! Compassion, hope, love, dignity, and respect are just a few of the traits that Mona and her staff exhibit. I feel that dad is at home. He enjoys the wholesome home cooked meals and the interaction with staff. Seasons provides a clean, safe and secure home-like environment. Seasons is a small 16 bed unit, but excels largely in all aspects of care. It is because of Mona and her staff, that my dad continues to thrive. I know he never feels alone in his journey. I would highly recommend Seasons Alzheimer’s Care Facility. They provide the peace that I need, knowing that my dad is being well taken care of and his needs are being met. Also, kudos to Heart To Heart Hospice for the care and kindness they demonstrate towards my dad.

Excellent excellent excellent

Since my Mother's diagnosis, I have lived by one rule: Those who are forgetting should not be forgotten. And so the journey began of finding a "home" for my Mom where she would be cared for with dignity, compassion and, with hope, a lot of love. After extensively researching options, I chose Seasons. This team, led by owner Mona Talukdar, is dedicated and fiercely devoted to the care of Alzheimer's patients in a most holistic manner. Their clinical needs not withstanding, Seasons offers care that is also spiritual and emotionally healing. From art and music therapy to the regular animal visits to walks on their secure property, private rooms and freshly prepared meals...every step, every aspect of care at Seasons is focused on optimizing the well being and happiness of the Alzheimer's patient. The team goes above and beyond to assure that everyone is cared for like they family, and indeed, it is because the patients are in fact more than just a patient - they are Seasons Family and cared for as such. I could not have chosen a more caring and compassionate group for my Mom - their recent award from Caring.com is only a hint of the true depth and magnitude of their talents and kindness. Mom is cared for with love and her dignity is assured and advocated for everyday. I only wish that every dementia patient could have this experience and this awesome level of care. I am reminded daily of how lucky we are to have found Mona and her team, and the smile I see on my Mom's face is the validation I need to know we have made the best decision. After all, you only ever want the best for the person who not only loved you best in life but for whom your heart beats. Kudos to Mona and the Seasons Team, for showing us everyday that Those Who Are Forgetting Should Not Be Forgotten. My love and thanks to you all.

so fortunate

I honestly don't know what I would do, if I didn't know my father was at Season's! He had been in other placements and had to be moved, I didn't have the peace that I needed. The owner, Mona has a very high standard and people who work there don't last long if they aren't compassionate and loving, on top of being able to do a great job. The manager Arlene, seems to be able to do 100 things at a time, and yet spends quality time with each client, in a very tender way, and the staff is great! They treat the clients as if they were part of their own family. You won't walk in and smell that "normal smell" like at some places. The food is all home cooked and appropriate for the clients ages, and delicious.
The thing I love the most, is that you feel like you are part of the family when your family member is there. I highly recommend Season's, and im so grateful for my dad to be able to live there. I visited close to 30 places, and i can tell you, this is a great place. The patient/staff ratio is highest of any place we toured!!
Thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to help my dad!

I love seasons. My dad is very happy there.

I love seasons. My dad is very happy there. Mona and her staff are amazing with everyone. I watch them with everyone, it's good when I go there. I am very happy with them and his care and treatment. She has been very clear about the price and what was included. They educate me and are always helping me, and when I feel guilty, they show me how happy he is. When I first walked in I was worried because of previous experiences, but the people were great and helped him get his personality back.

They take excellent care of my loved one..

They take excellent care of my loved one. They interact with him. They keep him spotless. They feed him well. I have no complaints. This facility is so much better than a nursing home. I would recommend them. They will take care of the residents until the end. No matter what condition they are in, they will not increase the price. The staff is very good. They know their patients well. The owner is very friendly.

I loved Seasons for my Mom!

I am so grateful for the care given to my Mother while she lived at Seasons. The staff there was so attentive to her. And while I visited her, I saw how much they cared for each and every one of their residents. They were patient and kind, taking time with each one to tend to their needs. Nothing can ease your mind like seeing the faces of loving, caring people with your parent or loved one. Knowing that when you walk out the door, the staff will be there, just keeping a safe watchguard over your Mom makes you feel like angels are there protecting them. The facility was always spotless, too, and that is so important in keeping seniors healthy. I felt that there was no better place for my Mother than Seasons.

This place, it was nice.

This is one of the places I looked while searching for a community for my loved one. This place, it was nice. The staff seemed friendly and it was clean.

Very pleased!

My mother has been at Season's since early October 2014. I have been very pleased with her care! Friendly and caring staff and the food is really good. I think it's a great place for residents because it is small and maintainable....your not a number like the other places I had my mom. Very thankful I found this place for my mom!!

Great Care, Great Place

My husband has been a patient at Seasons Alzheimer's and Assisted Care for the past six months. Our experience here has been a very positive one. The staff consistently provides care that is thoughtful and personalized to the patient.
The owner, Mona Talukdar, is committed to educating and supporting all her staff. In- service education is provided for all of the staff regarding patient care, medication instruction and behavior management.
As a result, the staff takes pride in the care they provide.
Seasons is an inviting and environmentally attractive facility for the patients, their families and the staff. It's clean, has delicious food and seconds are available. On our first visit to the facility, the patients were outside on the porch participating in dancing with the staff. Everyone was clearly having fun.
We would highly recommend this facility.

My mom is a resident and it's great!

I have moved my mother three times in ten months! Thank goodness, I found Season's!! I especially like that they only have 15 residents and the staff ratio is one to every four residents!! This means my mom is changed often which was very important to me! The facility is very clean and very pretty inside! Their food is great! Nothing frozen or canned. The staff and owner are so sweet to my mom and the other residents. This move has given me so much peace, I no longer have to worry 24/7 about how she is being treated. I do like to visit my mom at least 3 days a week but if I can't make it I don't worry because I know she is enjoying herself and the staff loves her! 5 stars all the way!

I have moved my mother for the third time in ten months! Thank goodness, I found Season's!! Their food is amazing!! Nothing frozen or canned. I especially like that they only have 15 residents and the staff ratio is one to every four residents, this means my mom is changed often which is very important to me! The facility is very clean and very pretty inside! The staff and owner are so sweet to my mom and the other residents. This third move has given me so much peace, I no longer have to worry 24/7 about how she is being treated. I do like to visit my mom at least 3 days a week but if I can't make it I don't worry because I know she is enjoying herself and the staff loves her!

Respite Care

Staff is friendly and helpful. Staffing ratio good most of the time. There is no true housekeeping service/s. Staff sweep and or mop the floor/s as needed. The house is new, August 2013, and does not seem to smell bad. No nurse call buttons in the bathrooms and or bedrooms. Bathroom is often without toilet paper and or paper towels. Personal laundry was not been done the first week. Roommate also has dementia and continually moves my husband's clothes to his closet. Roommate can become defensive so clothing has to be check daily. Meals are fair - hot foods are often cold. I have not seen a menu but seems to repeat weekly.