Not what they say

My mom and I were disagreeing on which assisted living facility would be best for her. I insisted on assisted living and she would not go over $2400/month. A Place for Mom recommended visiting Esplanade Gardens and check it out. My mom got a great special, $2428/month plus $32 for prescription maintenance (state rule), and I was told that someone would check on her everyday. I took care of her RX so not sure of the $32/month excuse but most importantly nobody checked on her. The only time they did was when they saw me visit or I complained about it, they would come by for 3-4 days then stop. Their bus didn't take the residences anywhere except doc appointments and HEB/Walmart once a week, unless it was broke down. Food was not good, same activities every week and bad housekeeping. I moved her back to my house but now I'm unable to work at this time unless we pay out of pocket for a provider.

I've been particularly impressed with the individualized attention that the entire staff gives to my mom. If she asks a question they stop and help her. They are all so pleasant. The only thing is the ironing out the wrinkles with the laundry, but I think that's more of a personal quirk with my mom. They are so responsive and so accommodating. When she came to tour, when we were still looking, she said it felt like home. They have a great chef, the food is outstanding, the tables are set nicely, and they have a culinary award. They make notations on everything. If I have a question, they can just turn to their book and tell me anything I never even thought to ask.

A hidden treasure.

Top-rated staff. Very friendly atmosphere. Can't put my finger on it, but the facility has a special feeling. Good local management. Not a mega corporation.

Do not even consider Esplanade Gardens! Terribly understaffed, unprofessional, [removed] for patients who need attentive care, [removed] in action on memory care unit.

Dissappointed

I am a family member of a patient living there& I feel as though it is disrespectful to have a photo of a GREAT old employee who was driven to quit due to old management. She never harmed anyone& went above and beyond for not just every resident, but the families as well. I don't understand how professional that is& honestly she was a big part of that place& I knew if she was there, they all would not only get the care they needed but also know they are loved. It is against the law to ban someone who quit& also there could be another law suit& that wouldn't be good at all. I am saddened by this and the fact that 3 good directors were let go. I don't know what type of mananagement it's under, but something has to be done.

It's outstanding. I think they deserve a 5+!

It's outstanding. I really like the environment the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. I would recommend them to anybody. They were not only comparable, but they were more reasonably priced, for what you get. Even the food is excellent. I think they deserve a 5+!

Absolutely No Complaints

The staff there at Esplanade Gardens have all been very attentive to my mother and they have answered any and all questions that we have had for them. I have absolutely no complaints with the facility.

A great place to live. Very friendly and helpful.

Suitable for more advanced age

Overall a very good experience. We were assisting an older relative find a place after surgery.
The activities were not what he was hoping they would be. Some of his comments:
Pro
The staff and residents are very friendly, always offering smiles and hugs.
It was comforting after surgery to have health staff available.
The special events were pretty
spectacular .
Cons
Too quiet. Everyone disappears after dinner. Not even conversation.
Meals can be delicious, but the staff want everyone to eat at 4:30 much too early for me.

Saddened

My mother has lived in the memory care unit there now for over 2 years and I'm saddened to say that the directors have been trying hard to muster up families to write reviews praising the unit. I remember one day I was surprised to see the campus director walking a patient who was wheelchair bound calling her "[removed]", knowing that she can't walk. If you spent more time with those that are making you money, than you would know your people. I was scared for the patient bc she was frightened. The directors don't know their names, yet they want us to speak positive about them to save face. I go see my mom often and either I walk into the directors not knowing what's going on or listening to the ways they get yelled at and disrespected for caring. It hurt my heart that one of my mothers favorite staff members had quit after almost 3 years, all because of being treated unfairly for doing HER job. Never one to be in the middle of any negativity and always was sure to give love and care to all the patients. It bothers me that all the staff isn't held to the same standard as far as treatment goes, and you can obviously tell that there are favorites. Whenever I want to talk to the director about my moms care or Meds or even the extra $100.00 that will be charged starting next month, she is hidden in her office or prancing in her heels. Sickening to know that she doesn't care about our unit as she does for the assisted living side. The activities should truly be expanded because everytime I go in the activity director is No where to be found. The fact that I feel my mother as well as so many others isn't reciving adequate care is heartbreaking. I'm as well as other families are looking at other facilities to place our loved ones. It's not the same and the staff doesn't seem as caring and I don't know if it's because of the low pay, or because of the way the building is being ran. I have seen state come more this year than ever because of the medicine errors and the falls (unexplained) than ever before.

wonderfull wonderfull places

if you are looking for a wonderful place to place a love .
i would say you need to go look at esplanade gardens
my mom has been there for all most 4 years know .
when me and my family placed my mom there we were told by here doctor that we would not have here much longer that here as we know here that here memories will soon be gone and then she will give up and pass a way ,
so it would be best to place here some were that we could get some help with here .
well here we are 3 1/2 years later and she is thriving and healthy , and happy , and i have all the wonderful staff and management at esplanade gardens , they have done so much for my mom and my family , the staff that takes care of my mom in the memory care unit are so great they make sure that she is clean and happy and feed and loved and most of all safe , they spend 1 on 1 time with here looking at photos of me and my sisters and dad so that she all ways know who we are . they all ways take the time to answerer questions when she fells lot and a lone .
Oscar the activate director he is so good with the residents he all ways has some thing fun going on with them and keeping there minds busy and spending time with his residents ,
the management there is the best in the world i go to any of them with a problem and with in 5 mini it is fixed or in the progress of being fixed .
it is scary having to leave your loved one in a new place . but i can say that i never go to bed at night wondering if my mom is ok because i fell very safe were she is if some thing happens to here i will get a phone call no mater what time of day or night or day with a full report from the nurse on staffed.

i have read all the reviews that have been posted on this web sit about esplanade gardens and 9.96 percent agree with me that esplanade gardens is the most wonderful place , and i have all so read the ones that have had noting but bad things to say , and to tows few people i just have to say is that you are wrong in what u say , the problem with what yall are saying is not true . at all if you want your loved one taken care of the way u do it than u need to take them home and do it your self because know one will ever make you happy ,
if i was not happy or felt that my mom was not safe or clean or loved i would not have keep here there for 3 1/2 years my mom was 88 years old and she will be 92 this year and if it was knot for all the wonderful staff and management that works there i do not think i would have had the extra years i have gotten . with here
and been able to rebound with my mom . 'so thank you with all my heart esplanade gardens and all the wonderful loving staff thank u very happy

Why do the bad things happen to good people

I wouldn't recommend the memory care unit to anyone. Not only do the staff not care about the residents, the ones that genuinily do, get harrassed and bullied and mistreated by the front office. My mother was for years so I have seen a lot!i still keep in contact with the families and I'm truly saddened by the issues that have overshadowed our family members. Between missing incident reports, to medication errors to also the disrespect to the other directors given by the front office. The focus needs to be why so many unexplained falls within the past few months& not about the parties and galas they provide for the other unit. Whenever others speak up for their family or the staff does, there's some type of repermation given. Please if you care about your family don't put them here...

If you have a choice I would steer clear of Esplanade Gardens. I visit my mother every day and the lack of care is horrible. Management always apologies but doesn't hold anyone accountable. First impression are great especially the first floor. The memory care residents are not clean in a timely manner and left for several hours at a time before changed. Literally sitting in soiled depends, soiled bedding, sheet and floors. No hand sanitizing prior to meals. Paperwork of security checks is are not accurately documented. Medicine not always administered in a timely manner, waiting 2 week after UTI diagnose for medication. Undermanned, underpaid, high turn over. If your looking for attention to detail for your memory care loved one - this is not the place!

Great Place

My Father stays here at the Esplanade Gardens. He is very independent. They provide linens and food and plenty to do. Great Services, Friendly Staff, convenient, caring, professional and just great all together. I would recommend the Esplanade Gardens to others looking for similar options for your loved ones. Great place. We are very pleased with the Esplanade Gardens in Converse, Texas. Thank you.

My dad absolutely loves the place.

My dad absolutely loves the place. He loves the people, and the food and the activities. My only complaint is that he has gained a lot of weight in the last couple of months since he has been there. There is a lot of pasta and rice on the menu. They take him on outings and he plays cards, which he thought he would never do, but he is really enjoying himself. Even his doctor is very happy with the twinkle that is in his eye now.

Amy was a very informative ...

Amy was a very informative host and provided great documentation for us to have. We were impressed with the clean, modern, and well kept facility. We were impressed with the amount of training the staff receives in initially and ongoing. This is a very professional staff and community.

Beautiful!

My mom was here for a bout two weeks, but had to leave to go to full time nursing. She was going crazy with all of the really good food and got her diabetes into a mess. Esplanade is a beautiful place though, and they treated her well there. The community was very clean and the staff was always so nice. My mom just wasn't independent enough to live here. She was a serious fall risk and had to use a wheelchair, which was more than the community could safely handle.

Love this place. Have frie...

Love this place. Have friends whose loved ones are or have been residents here. A warm welcoming environment. Rooms were rather small but encourages residents to get out and get to know their neighbors.

Very nice, but primarily an...

Very nice, but primarily an assisted living facility. 1 BR/1Ba with meals and cleaning provided. Approximately $2450 per month. Any additional assistance needed is charged per item.

Very large grande entrance and lobby ...

Very large grande entrance and lobby (3 story). Very large restaurant style dining and very good food. 2 large windows in available room. Memory Care unit fresh and clean. No odors. 2-4 outings monthly. Very organized and professional. Very HIPA compliant. Have formal assessment process for admission. $2560 base rate plus a la carte individualized care.

I visited with the directors and like...

I visited with the directors and liked the place.

small rooms but would be nice place

small rooms but would be nice place

Very impressed with the facility. Ro...

Very impressed with the facility. Rooms seemed small. For assisted living, we'd prefer separate living room/kitchenette and bedroom - more like apt.

We liked it a lot.

We liked it a lot.

Discover how life can be one of comfort and full of choices. See for yourself why our community offers the ultimate in senior living which includes, Assisted Living and Memory Care.

Our commitment is to your health, happiness, safety and lifelong well-being. Meet new friends in our formal dining room, with table-side service, restaurant style menus and entree options. Join exercise classes and discussion groups and enjoy complimentary transportation to shopping, medical appointments and social outings.

While the beauty of the campus is evident at every turn, the true beauty lies in the supportive services available. These may include; medication management, assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and ambulation. All these are services delivered by our staff of RN's, LVN and CNA's.

Trained nurses are on staff, and assistance is available around the clock. Residents can enjoy relaxing on the landscaped lawn or cozy common areas. Socialization is encouraged through planned activities and fitness classes. Transportation to medical appointments and outings is provided.