Elmcroft of Windcrest - San Antonio, TX

About Elmcroft of Windcrest

Elmcroft of San Antonio, offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. Since 1995, when our first community opened, we have offered a full range of personalized assistance with daily living services to seniors. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Elmcroft their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Elmcroft for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. Come see why so many seniors call Elmcroft home.
Pending Description
If you would like to update your current description, enter your new text in the box provided. The property description should give an overview of your community that will educate families and potential residents about the care and services you provide, and encourage them to schedule a tour. The following questions provide suggestions for many of the things you may want to include in your community description. These questions are tools to get you started. (Note: community addresses, specific street location, phone numbers, and web/email addresses cannot be included in the text of your Community Page.)

Building Credibility
How long have you been in business? When did you open?
How much experience do you have in senior care?
(example: “Our staff members have over 30 years combined experience in senior care.”)
Have you won any awards? Are you certified by any reputable organizations (BBB)?
Are you part of a national chain? What is unique and special about your brand?

Geographic Information
What is the name of the neighborhood/region in which your community is located?
What would attract someone to this neighborhood?
What are some of the things close to your community?
What nearby cities and neighborhoods do you serve?

Community Information
Describe the design of your campus. What makes it unique?
What are some key features of the property?

The staff is always friendly and welcoming. The residents seem to be very happy every time I come by!!

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Very clean and friendly staff!!

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind review!

I think Elmcroft is a wonderful place for my mother to be. All the activities and staff help her with all her needs.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

Love this place. Will put Grandma or grandpa here if necessary.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review!

I have observed the people who are cared for are looked after for their needs. The atmosphere at Elmcroft is pleasant and everyone seems to be nice. The facility is kept up with great care. I have enjoyed taking with the staff and the residents here.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

The staff has been good to my mom. They have been quick to resolve any concerns that I may have. I highly recommend this place for a loved one.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we LOVE having your mom here.

Nice community

Elmcroft of Windcrest was a nice and clean community. They provided us with the information about the care they would provide for our loved one. We chose another community based on the proximity to family members houses.

Coming out of her shell

Great bunch of folks. They really seem to care for my MIL. She likes the choices of food and seems to enjoy getting involved in the activities. She is coming out of her shell and seems to be having some fun.
Thank you to all the wonderful people here.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your mother-in-law is loving her new home! We are so happy to see her come out of her shell. We will pass along your comments to our local management team. Thanks again!

Elmcroft is a good home for my mom! The food is good. The staff member care about the residents that live here. [Removed] work with the residents with a caring attitude. My mom appreciate him.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear your mom is enjoying it here. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Mostly helpful and friendly staff.
Both the public room and our private rooms are well cleaned.

My wife receives good service.

Elmcroft personnel are very friendly and engaging with the resident.
They are very attentive to the patient’s needs.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind review! We are glad your experience has been positive!

I appreciate the people here A+ Elmcroft who take care of my parents. They have been attentive to the needs of mom and dad.

My mother has been in this community since Feb 2015. She was placed on the assisted living side at first and now is a resident in HV. From 2015 to present live seen the changes that have been made at this community. The entrance is more instructing and have homely look. All staff during my mom’s stay (assisted side, “HV) have always been very friendly, concern, attentive, responsive, caring and informative. The housekeeping team ([removed]) are always smiling, [removed] and [removed] have always been responsive and willing to assist when needed with appointment, the nutrition team ([removed]) always assisting with moms needs and the nursing team are always (smiling, creative with activities ([removed]), patient ([removed]) [removed] and [removed] have always been available when I have questions, concerns are when something is needed. Great Team! The reception team ([removed]) always smiling. [removed] is a delight and works very well with assisted living residents. I usually see them in activities would nice if HV residents had a dedicated activity leader CPT)
Only Concerns – snacks need variety for HV; new changes to enhance. Look good!! Leave it at that.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we LOVE having your mother here.

Continually pleased of management and staff a godsend. Angles, all!

Megan Strothman

My mom has lived here for 21 months. They have taken very good care of her. Very patience and take their time with her. She gives some trouble with showering but they work with her and redirect and get it done. I would recommend Elmcroft of Windcrest to people it come in contact with.

Megan Strothman

Wonderful lunch of people – caring and see patient with my loved one.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words!

I have hear lots of good things from my loved one. I have seen a drastic improvement in him too during his stay at this facility.

I am blessed to have my mom in this community. She has adjusted and feel like this community is your family.
Thank you!

Megan Strothman

It’s a lovely facility and my sister likes it. I’ve only been here once, but have heard good things.

This is the nicest facility I’ve ever seen. All the staff are so caring and nice. I’ve never seen anything like it!!
Thank you!

Everyone is very nice and takes good care of my parent. I would like to have a call after the OK comes to see her here at the home. So I could have an update about what he thinks about her health.

I love the place and all the wonderful staff. I know I have made some, many problems, please for going me. I am sorry, but when I see some people do what they please and never concern about other people’s feelings it hurts. Special when they are always in your room taking things from you. It hurts as my family work hard to keep me here.

Seems good so far

The staff at Elmcroft seem nice. Mom has started to participate in some of the daily activities. The grounds are nice, however I think they could do a little more frequent cleaning in the memory care unit. The food is good and they offer lots of vegetables. I do feel it is better for the residents to have visitors. I would recommend this community.

A nice stay

Mom had an ok respite stay at this community. The staff were nice. She did say they did not follow through on what was promised regarding the activities. She did like the food and they do have set meal times. The community was clean. I would recommend taking a look at this community to see if it would work for your loved one.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback. We enjoyed having your mother here!

All is good except for one bad apple

I liked most of the staff although I have had some major issues with one of the nursing staff that is being addressed. I am very pleased that my mother is doing so well and is enjoying all the great activities that are offered there. She also likes going to the dining area and the food is very much to her liking.
I feel that we were having issue of refilling meds and making sure her blood pressure is being monitored on regular bases. The activities director is amazing and he is taking the residents on lots of interesting field trips and getting them involved.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your mom is enjoying her new home and participating in the activities. We encourage you to call our Ethics Hotline at [removed] to discuss your concerns.

Room for Improvement

My father is doing well since his move to this community. However I do have some concerns. The staff is good, but the head nurse could use some improvements. She needs to be more attentive towards the residents, and listen more to the concerns of their families. It is a community I would recommend overall.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are troubled to hear you feel this way. Our top priority is the well being of our residents. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. Please contact the Executive Director. Thank you!

Things are ok a

The staff at Elmcroft are terrific. They take good care of my father in law. The food is fine and they keep the community clean. He likes to participate in some of the daily activities and he is making friends. This is a smaller community and I would recommend taking a look at it to see if it is what you are looking for.

Wife is in Good Hands

I'am comfortable with my wife's move to this community. So far they are taking good care of her, and her needs. She seems satisfied with all they have done for us. They have a nice staff, and they do a good job with the cleanliness. They have nice meals, and provide good activities for their residents. She is safe, and receiving good care here in this community, and I would recommend.

Lot of progress!!

My grandmother has recently moved into this community and so far we are very pleased with the progress she has made. The staff have been wonderful and have provided her with excellent quality of care. She has improved so much that they are going to start transferring her into the assisted living unit from the memory care unit. My family and I are very impressed and would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we LOVE having your grandmother one here.

Disappointed

Revolving door with employees.
Not sure how old posts are but there are almost zero activities. Makes you wonder why no facebook posts for this particular elmcroft. No rules or regulations on shared rooms. Hoarders allowed forced on residents which can make rooms Unclean/unsanitary. Beer cans. Trash. Excessive furniture. no oversight by management to make sure this does not happen. If your family member or loved one lives here....SHAME ON YOU

Megan Strothman

We are sorry you to hear you feel this way. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us, and we take this mission very seriously. We encourage you to call our Ethics Hotline at [removed] to discuss your concerns.

They have a lot of activities!!

Everything is going very well since my mother moved into Elmcroft, she loves it! They offer plenty of activities such as Morning exercises, sing-alongs, and church in the mornings. I highly recommend this community, it has been a good fit my loved one and we have no complaints.

Transportation to and from meals

My father-in-law has been there since January 5th and the only concerns that I've had is that he is not taken or brought back from each meal by an attendant every time. this is usually due to understaffing at a meal hour. Other than that I've been extremely pleased with the care and the attention they have given him.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that about your father-in-law. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us, and we take this mission very seriously. We encourage you to call our Ethics Hotline at [removed] to discuss your concerns.Thank you!

For what they charge the do a good job

This is a nice community for what they charge. The rates are decent and they were willing to work with us. They offer a good variety of daily activities. There is a good variety of food and they have a dietician on staff that matches what each residents dietary needs are. The community is clean for the most part. I would recommend taking a look at it.

Laundry improvement

My father-in-law has lived at Elmcroft for a month-and-a-half and my only notice of improvement would be their laundry procedures. They do his laundry for him and the clothes are not always hung up Matt laid across the backs of chairs and if they're folded they're not folded neatly and put in drawers.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will look into it. Thank you again!

My parents have adjusted well!!

My parents both recently moved into this community and I have been very pleased to see how well they have adjusted to there new living environment. They have had no major complaints and seem to be enjoying the company of the other residents that live there. Another big positive is they are liking the meals they serve as well as the dinning experience. So far everything is going well and we are excited to see what is too come.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with very special members of your family.

Overlooked So Wonderfully

My grandmother is doing wonderful in this community. Everything in the facility is good, she's been in other facility and has always had trouble. The people here are incredible and it is run so well by the staff. The size and people are wonderful too. It is convenient to my home and also they were willing to do an onsite evaluation in Florida from their other facility.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your grandmother is loving her new home! We will pass along your comments to our local management team. Thanks again!

Very happy with the meals!!

My dad is a huge fan of all of the meals the chef prepares for all of the residents and that is a big deal coming from him. They always a have a variety of food for them to choose from and have lots of great flavor and taste in the meats. The staff also does a great job on continuing to check on him throughout the day and night to make sure he is doing okay as well as help him with his room chores. I like this community a lot and am very pleased with there services.

Megan Strothman

Really loved the nice clean atmosphere. The staff was very friendly

Megan Strothman

I had a tour of the facility with [Removed] and really liked it. [Removed] was extremely nice, the residents whom I saw looked happy. It was early evening so I didn't get to check out the food.

Friendly, and Good Follow Up

My tour of this community was a good one. The community looked nice, and everything was neat and clean. The staff I met was kind and friendly. I liked how they followed up with us just to make sure we were okay. It was a pleasant experience, and this is a nice community overall.

My Sister's Nice Home

The community and staff are nice and friendly people. When I was there for 2 weeks I saw the place is kept clean. My sister likes to play bingo and gets rides to her appointments or for errands. The food is really good, my sister loves it and I think it's excellent! This place is high in cost but I would recommend them.

This was in our top two.

We toured here when we were looking. This was in our top two. We were a little iffy on the food, but other than that we really liked it. We thought this was going to be mom's choice. When we showed her the top two places, she chose the other one to our surprise, but we were pretty impressed with this place when we were touring as well.

Review of Elmcroft of Windcrest - San Antonio, TX

Very happy with the care Steve gets. He can be difficult and they go the extra mile with him.

Review of Elmcroft of Windcrest - San Antonio, TX

Staff are very responsive to our needs. Appreciate the cleanliness of the facility.

Review of Elmcroft of Windcrest - San Antonio, TX

I would like Port of Call to be on the weekend sometimes so that people that work until 6 PM could come too.

Review of Elmcroft of Windcrest - San Antonio, TX

The staff is very interactive and try very hard to meet our parents' needs. The leadership team is very open to suggestions and questions. The director is attentive to cost control without sacrificing quality which I appreciate. There are no serious weaknesses with the staff or the facility. Also, the maintenance staff is responsive and rapid to make repairs when needed.

Review of Elmcroft of Windcrest - San Antonio, TX

Elmcroft was very caring of both of my parents and I don't think I would have survived without their support.

Review of Elmcroft of Windcrest - San Antonio, TX

The staff are very courteous and have been trained well. The place is kept very clean and the food is excellent.

Review of Elmcroft of Windcrest - San Antonio, TX

My mom has been here since December 2015. It's been very good, lots of activities and all of the staff are very caring. Everything is handled very professionally. I'm glad mom's here!

Disgusted

This place is not like it's pictures and description. Staff turnover on a weekly basis, horrible food, no activities. Your relative is left in their room to rot. The staff comes by three times a day to remind them of meals. There is no activity except Bingo. Resident turnover is very high. As soon as a family finds out this place is all lies, they quickly move them out. Do your research on this place!!!!! They should be ashamed of what they offer - nothing. Residents complain about horrible food and boredom 24/7, but they don't care as long as they're getting your paycheck.

No odors to speak of

Elmcroft has turned out to be the perfect place for my Aunt who has only been there for a short amount of time. Since moving in she has made plenty of friends and is really enjoying herself. The food is nothing to speak of but I can say that the place is extremely clean and there aren't any odors like other places. The staff are very nice and friendly and all very responsive. So I'd say so far so good.

It's very nice.

It's very nice. So far we have had no major complaints. It's clean and the staff is friendly. Nobody is perfect, but they are pretty good.

Fits our needs the best

The staff is very friendly and want to help. They try to accommodate our unique needs with mother spending days in memory care and father in assisted living. They share a room in assisted living.

Elmcroft of Windcrest is a WINNER!

It's only been one week today since moving my Mom to Elmcroft of Windcrest, but if the rest of her stay is as smooth and easy as this week has been...W.O.W.!! They went into overdrive to make sure her room was properly prepared and turn-key ready to bring in her furniture and goods. The entire Staff has gone out of their way to make her feel welcome and wanted. The food has been rich in flavor as well as nutritious and varied...NOT chicken made 7 different ways for 7 days in a row! Their activities continue to keep her interested and entertained as well! I hope these blessings continue throughout her stay! I WILL keep posting...good or not-so-good!!!

Friendly and Responsive

The staff has always been friendly and responsive. I do not think there are any questions we have asked that they have not gotten back to us on. I think that there hasn't been quite the level of activities we were hoping for, but we have been very happy.

My mother's New home

The director at Elmcroft made the difference. He has experience as a nurse and could talk about medical concerns for my mother. The facility is clean and the people are friendly. So far I am very pleased with my mother's care

Nice Facility

I spoke to the lady at this facility long before they admitted my wife's Mother. I think they would have preferred to stay there, but due to my Father-In-Law's condition they could not stay there. The facility was very nice though.

Very nice place!

We're very happy with how things have turned out at Elmcroft of Windcrest! The staff here is caring, friendly, and very welcoming to their new residents! It's a nice looking place, and they take great care of everyone!

So far we are pretty happy with them.

So far we are pretty happy with them. I can't really say much about the activities, I know I have seen them play bingo before, but I haven't really looked into the activities much. Mom seems to be okay with the food. They have been very responsive and very available if I have any questions or concerns. Things have gone pretty smoothly as far as billing is concerned as well.

For the most part, very good.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Elmcroft of Windcrest has been a great one so far! The people here are very friendly, and they've been a huge help throughout the whole process. They're very accommodating, and if you need something done they're very straightforward about either getting it done or telling you why it isn't possible. They give a lot of one on one assistance to the residents, and I like how well they manage everyone so that nobody loses control or gets upset.

They have just been really good.

They have just been really good. It's clean and the staff is friendly. They are pretty responsive. The only thing would be the food, the first night we were there we had chili and green beans,the presentation wasn't really there at all. It's fine though and they eat it. They get out, and they aren't bored. It's been working out well.

Everything is going pretty good so far.

Everything is going pretty good so far. It's clean and the staff is friendly. She is concerned about turnover, one of the managers is leaving. She complains about the food, but she really enjoys the outings and things, and they give her a lot of things to keep busy, so she can feel helpful. We haven't had any issues crop up so far. Because it's small, I think the max capacity is only 54, she knows what's going on, everything gets to be familiar. I think that is very helpful.

The home environment focus ...

The home environment focus of this memory care community is what we favor for Suzanne. The rooms are all semi-private, which currently would not be our choice for Suzanne, but the rooms were nice. This is our number 3 choice.

It's really no stars. I re...

It's really no stars. I really didn't like the neighbor hood as I drove there. Man in a wheel chair out from incoherent but no one around. Desk setting large crowded area. My POC left months ago and admin didn't know who or name of the sales replacement person but knew she was gone for the day. I wouldn't recommend this agency. Not in ranking

First impression: Ex. Dir. ...

First impression: Ex. Dir. was not prepared for me; couldn't answer basic cost questions, I had to ask for brochure as I was leaving, inflexible.

Good layout for memory care

When you walk in you either go right or left so you would immediately turn around; so even if you got lost you wouldn't have to take more than 20 steps so my mother couldn't really get too disoriented. We liked it here, it was easy for her to navigate but my mother was so lonely, one day she'd be calling us all the time and the next day she would be alright. She had a really large, nice apartment, she had her dining room and living room furniture but the problem was we had to take her to visit her husband and it just didn't work out. This was probably the best situation before my step father had gotten so sick, they weren't doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing but the physical layout of the building was much better than the place they went after

Mom wanted to come here

It was a great place while she was there, the cost was good. It was in very close vicinity to where I lived and I knew people in administrative positions personally so I knew it would be a good place because we knew people there but they were all great. They took care of her very well and she liked it very much, it was her idea to go. The activities were very, very good and she picked and chose what she wanted to do. She was in a room with a roommate and they took care of each other. After I found out there were people there that we knew I knew she would be comfortable.

Bright and friendly feeling. Rock fi...

Bright and friendly feeling. Rock fireplace. large open spaces. Director very personable and knows residents well. Observed activity on Memory Care Unit and residents were involved with 3 staff helping include them into the activity. Units fresh and clean with no odors. Ratio 1:10 Assisted Living and 1:7 Memory Care. 61 total residents, 16 memory care. Personal errands on request of resident; transport to appointments, from hospital. Have doctor contract for monthly care or will transport to clinic. Frequent outings personalized to individual interests. $3220 includes personal assistance. Med management additional.

Has Alzheier's Services

Has Alzheier's Services

Great living environment. Cool staff....

Great living environment. Cool staff. Very clean.

My husband got warm fuzzy feelings.

My husband got warm fuzzy feelings.

I don't think it would be a good idea...

I don't think it would be a good idea for her to have a kitchenette in her room and it looks like, by their description, every room has one.

Great living environment. Cool staff....

Great living environment. Cool staff. Very clean. A bit costly.

This is very nice facility. medicatio...

This is very nice facility. medication mgmt/laundry/grooming asssistance extra,reminders to bath and grooming not extra, one-time fee for wrist/ankle band for "wanderers" safety door lock feature.