Delmar Gardens of Smyrna - Smyrna, GA

AWESOME FACILITY

Everything about Delmar Gardens is AWESOME!! It's CLEAN, WELL KEPT, the staff is so FRIENDLY, and so many activities. My mom is loving her new "home" in the Assisted Living accommodations!! We love Delmar Gardens of Smyrna!! Best decision we ever made!!

patti muich

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It is our privilege and honor to care for Mom and to ensure she is happy. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make her stay more enjoyable. Best wishes, your Delmar Gardens Family

Keep looking and researching! Don't stop at Delmar.

I was very disappointed with every aspect of Delmar Gardens. CNA's were not very attentive with health care of patients. Very knowledgeable and uncaring. Sometimes we did not even know who the CNA on staff for the day was even though they were suppose to be checking in during their shift. Poor leadership and management. No one worked together as a "team" to help oversee patient's care. Would NOT recommend this facility to anyone. Totally disorganized and uncaring.

patti muich

Thank you for taking time to send us a review. We strive to deliver the best care in a friendly and respectful manner. I am eager to talk with you about your experience at our community. Would you please call me at Delmar Gardens of Smyrna? Thank you very much and have a great day. Kaline Bauer

Great Place! Welcoming staff!

This is such a wonderful place! [Removed] was so patient knowledgeable and really caring. I owe her all the credit for helping our family get on one page taking our calls at night and on her days off. We looked at plenty places and Delmar takes the cake.

I trusted them, and they let me down

My mother spent four years at Delmar in the recent past. Every year the quality of care diminished. Her last few months before she died, they SAID she fell from the bed and broke some bones but truth is she couldn't roll over to fall. The nurse said to me, "maybe she'll stay put now". A CNA told me she was mad at other CNA personnel because of what they had done to her. RUN AWAY. What you see is not what you get. You get nothing!!!

This was the best. Great location, great environment and residents seemed very happy. Difficult to get in touch with Shaunda and I left numerous calls that were not returned. Bathrooms are small and angular - not wheelchair friendly. There are no walk-in showers, although some tubs have tiny cutouts but still have a tall lip to step/trip over. Plush carpets are difficult to work with in a wheelchair.

Review of Delmar Gardens of Smyrna - Smyrna, GA

Irina is outstanding. Has made herself available on spur of the moments with areas outside the regular operations

Review of Delmar Gardens of Smyrna - Smyrna, GA

The movein process was very smooth. Trina was extremely helpful and the facility is everything she promised and more.

Wonderful Facility

We have had relatives at Delmar Gardens of Smyrna for 5 years now. First my father in law, then my step mom and dad. I must say that the best part about Delmar Gardens (once you get past the gawdy décor) is the staff. They have wonderful caregivers that truly care. We have our favorite staff members but all in all we are truly blessed to call Delmar Gardens of Smyrna home for our loved ones. They go above and beyond the call of duty! Thank you to the staff!!!

I do recomment Delmar Gardens

Overall, we have had a great experience with Delmar Gardens. The staff is super friendly and they do have a lot of activities for the seniors to do.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for our loved ones. While it wasn't our favorite, Delmar Gardens still seemed like a nice place overall. The facility was clean and nice, and the staff seemed friendly. However I don't think it was the best fit for us, our loved ones are on the younger end of the senior scale, while the population here seemed a bit older and not quite as active as my parents wanted.

Helpful, accommodating staff

My experience with Delmar Gardens was a good one overall. I was helping to place a friend in a community, and the people at Delmar Gardens were a huge help throughout the whole process. They were very accommodating, and they have been taking great care of her.

great care

The main reason why I chose Delmar Gardens of Smyrna is because the care is included in the price and the care givers are really wonderful. They offered everything we needed and have done an excellent job.

I am not overly happy with them.

I am not overly happy with them. There are a lot of things I would like to see improved or done differently. One of the amenities they offer for convenience, is storage, but I keep being told there are none available. I have a broken closet that hasn't been fixed in two weeks. There is a washing machine that breaks down every other day. In the dining room it says service with a smile, but there is no way to get that. I would give the people in the dining room a two, and the food about a three and a half. I think the front desk staff and the director Dawn, are wonderful. They have bingo twice a week, and a happy hour with hors d'oeurves, and water aerobics, with an instructor who doesn't know anything, she just sits there. Other than that there isn't much to do, especially after dinner. We have been here over a month and we have yet to be shown where stuff is. We still don't know where the movies are shown. We chose this because it was the most reasonable place, and I really liked the indoor pool. Everything here is small, and all of the activities happen in the same area. It would be nice to see them encourage more people to get out, and participate.

Review of Delmar Garders of Smyrna - Smyrna, GA

The staff are really nice and helpful. They are always willing to help and answer questions. Irena always tries to accommodate everyone. She goes out of her way to help & show apts anytime. Once you meet them, they know your name. They are very personable.

Review of Delmar Gardens of Smyrna in Smyrna, GA

My wife live at Delmar for the last 3 1/2 years. We looked at four other places before selecting Delmar. I have advised my friends to move here.

Disappointing

Their initial brochure needs a distinct overhall,with more transparency available. There is more than gold that doesn't glitter. They don't clarify services,until you have severe ties with your
previous residence. If you are in assisted living,your medications are locked up,and issued by a caregiver. Your prescriptions are required,to be purchased through Kroger pharmacy,or you are forced,to pay $5.00,for each medication,to be "bubble packed>" Assistance with bathing is only 2 (Two) showers per week;and the remaining days you'll have to hire someone to bathe your loved one. Medical transportation is two days a week,with reservations required one week in adv ance. The main dining room is "OFF LIMITS",to those assigned as "Assisted Living Residents." You are mandated,to a separate dining area.that is depressing. I am not aware of how Independent residents are treated;but Assisted Living I consider as Second Class.

PLEASE CALL COMMUNITY DIRECTLY AT:
770-432-4444
THIS COMMUNITY IS NO LONGER AFFILLIATED WITH SENIOR ADVISOR OR A PLACE FOR MOM.

UNIQUELY AFFORDABLE CAREFREE RETIREMENT LIVING

Carefree retirement living means knowing that all services are included and available to you.

• Fully-equipped alcove, one bedroom, and two bedroom apartments

• Superb cuisine

• State of-the-art Fitness Center

• Indoor pool and hot tub

• Billiards/Computer Lab

• Cocktail Lounge/Ice Cream Parlor/Gift Shop

• Private Dining/Meeting Room

• Putting Green/Shuffle Board

• Complimentary Laundry Facilities

• Scheduled Transportation

• Styling Salon/Cable TV

• All utilities paid (except telephone)

• Weekly maid and flat linen service

• Recreational and social programs

• Emergency Alert System

ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES

For those who want the most from their retirement, but need a helping hand on a daily basis our Assisted Living Apartments offer a gracious, comfortable, secure environment.

• Licensed by the State of Georgia

• Fully-equipped apartments

• Three gourmet meals a day

• All utilities paid (except telephone)

• Personal laundry, housekeeping and flat linen service

• Social and recreational programs

• Scheduled Transportation

• Personalized Wellness Consultation

• Assistance with bathing/ personal grooming, medications, and special diets

• Specially trained Assisted Living Staff

SKILLED NURSING

Whether for a day, a week, a month or longer the finest staff and facilities are always available to for long or short term care.

• Admissions 7 days a week

• Unlimited Visiting Hours

• Beautifully decorated private and semi-private rooms

• 24-hour professional nursing services

• Dental, optometric, and podiatric care

• Staff physician on-call 24 hours a day

• Daily physical, occupational, and speech therapy

• Social and recreational programs