Marietta Life Centre - Marietta, GA

Marietta Living and Ana get a 10 !

I have never taken the time to review a business before however the fantastic job Marietta Living Center has done deserves mention. My Mother in law needed an assisted living provider about 6 months ago. I searched several locations near the Marietta area and placed her in another home. After only a few weeks it was apparent it was not going to work out. I contacted Ana at Marietta Living at the suggestion of a saleswoman at a nearby store where I was buying a powerlift chair for my Mother in law. Ana invited me to come by that day and take a tour of the facility, and I did. Upon meeting Ana I was immediately struck by her sincere and caring attitude about the residents there and how this facility seemed to have a charm and just felt soo much more like home than the other facility. I asked several residents if they enjoyed living there and everyone said yes, a good sign. Ana and the rest of the staff have done a remarkable job caring for my Mother in law and I highly recommend you consider calling Ana and see for yourself. Ana runs the place like each resident is her own family and that is very difficult to find these days. I give Ana and Marietta Living a 10 for the great job they do.

The ladies that run this care home are great with the residents!!!

This is a home that was converted to an assisted living center but it still feels like being at home. They offer activities for the residents however my Mother in law is not able to participate due to her medical situation. The food looks good and she is ok with it. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Dad Is Doing Good

So far everything is going good for my dad. The care is very good and the staff are responsible, attentive, and communicate with me well. I believe the community does its best at staying clean. My dad likes his meals that are fresh and with lots of options. I would recommend this community for a good experience.

At Marietta Living Centre the communication needs improving. Other than that I am at about a 3 on my satisfaction of the facility.

Marietta Living Center

My family really appreciates all that marietta living center does for my mom. She enjoys the southern hospitality and great cooking. She has a very comfortable room in this beautiful historic home right off the square. However, what i appreciate the most is how the caregivers go out of their way to accomodate her needs and Anna , the resident manager ,always makes my mom feel loved. But even more importantly , they have kept my mom safe and her health has actually improved. We are blessed that my mom gets to call marietta living center home.
Scott Miller

Great Visit

We have been looking for a safe place where my mother would be happy and cared for.

A friend suggested we look at Marietta Living Center. We had a chance to tour the facility and talk with the caregivers. They appear very knowledgeable and caring.

We talked to two residents there and they were very happy. We asked specifically if the staff was kind and responsive to their needs. Both said they were.

The center is beautiful and close by.

We were vey pleased.

My uncle lived there for a year and we visited often. The place was always clean and the staff was very attentive to his needs. They were friendly and helpful.

My uncle was happy there, which was the most important thing to us.

THE place for my Mom.

My mom has been at Marietta Living Center since July of 2014. This is a great place. The management staff is superb and this shows through the entire place. The great set up with the home style kitchen on the main floor, the shaded front porch, and a very comfortable tv room makes this place a real winner in my mom's eyes. Mom was not happy about her new situation in life but the Marietta Living Center helped her to overcome her anxiety and she is 'a very happy camper' as she puts it! I looked at about 25 places before I got to Marietta Living Center and I knew this was the right place for my mom.

Marietta Dead Center

Fishy is what this place is. I don't know where I should begin. Ants on counter tops where the residents [f]ood is served. Residents seem like they hate the place the way they walked around lookin sad. When I visited my relative, there was an aid named [name removed] walking around on her phone right passed a man who seemed to be choking [removed]. management are a joke. They scheme and it's all about the money. You can tell they try to cover up their tracks on a lot of things. Don't be fooled by those fake smiles. Evil people . They are conniving it's just sad. I feel bad for the residents

They do a great job of restricting my mothers diet for health purposes. To me that's the best thing. I know it's tricky, but I think they could have a little more hands-on activities for the residents.

Treated Like Family

Our father/father-in-law, Pat, was a resident of Marietta Living Centre (MLC) for about five years. We live in Denver, CO and, unfortunately, due to health reasons, were unable to travel to Marietta, GA to visit Pat in person. Therefore, we talked with Pat on the phone once or twice every single day. These calls were our lifeline to Pat, so they were critically important to us.

Often Pat could not answer the phone himself, so we would call the staff, who would then walk to his room to help him answer his phone. No matter what the staff was doing when we called, we were treated with kindness and respect and never made to feel like we were being a burden. Every day when we called, Pat would tell us how well he was being treated. He told us he felt loved by the staff, not only because he was treated so well, but also because of the gentle, loving way the staff talked with him. As a result, he loved the staff members like they were his own family. In the many years Pat lived at MLC, not once did he have a complaint about the staff, the food, nor the residence. In fact, he loved the food!

We are especially grateful to Ana Rojas, the General Manager, for how she looked after our father with such respect and affection. The example Ana set, in how she cares for residents, definitely flows down to the rest of the staff. We are very grateful to the entire staff at MLC, especially the Medical Technicians: Yolanda, Tessa, and Susan. They treated our father with dignity and kindness, while also monitoring his health every day to make sure he was getting the care he needed.

If we had to choose one phrase to describe how residents are treated at MLC, it would be: “Residents are treated as if they are the staff’s own family members - with loving care".

With sincere gratitude,

Scott & Linda Lunda

nice place for loved ones

Marietta living center was the best thing that happened to my mom and us. Their care, service, cleanliness, attitude, home made meals, staff and management was just like home. Beautiful cozy and friendly home and atmosphere. Wish all of you the best and thanks

Home sweet home!

Feeling right at "Home". We are looking for a place for my mom, and got a tour last week. Every one is nice and friendly. It shows that they care about their residents; and all of their staff know everyone and their specific situations.
Thank you for the tour and we will be back to check her in next month as I just need to take care of some family issues first.
Thanks.

Wonderful

My loved one was in this facility and i can never have enough words to express my gratitude to the staff in general. I had to go there everyday for a month before my mother passed away. As soon as i walked in, the aroma of the freshly cooked food warmed my insides. Everything was clean ,the staff friendly and always ready to answer questions. Mother was really loved and taken care of so thank you again for the awesome work you guys did for us.
May God bless you abundantly!

Wonderful Caring People

My mom was a resident at Marietta Living Center for the last two years. She recently passed and I can’t say enough about how wonderful the staff was to her. They took the time to know her and interact with her. They treated us like family and you can’t find that everywhere. They were always attentive and if she was having a bad day they were patient and encouraging. The food was great. The place was always clean. Everyone there was both professional and kind. We could not have picked a better place for her to live. Thank you for all your kindness.

Family Feel

I visited Marietta Living Center to get some information for my aunt.
The first thing I noticed was how beautiful it is. It looked and felt like a family home instead of a center. Everything was clean and it didn’t have that awful hospital smell.
The staff was very nice and answered all of my questions. The residents seem very happy and I was pleased that they have a variety of things for them to do.
My aunt decided to move to Florida and live with her daughter. Had she stayed in Marietta, I think my aunt would have been pleased at Marietta Living Center.

Awesome place

I visited Marietta Living Center for my loved ones and the place is BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN, just like a house very homey and the director and staff are very friendly. Excellent service and they take care of all needs, 3 home made meals cooked by an experienced chef, medication management and they helped me to meet my budget. I strongly recommend Marietta living center. They have fun activities as well. The care is so personal one on one and they treat my loved ones like their family not like a corporation.

Great place for loved ones!

Great place, family cared for, and clean with responsive staff/management. Thank you for everything that you all so.

Did not seem clean

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was not impressed at all by what I saw here. The place just was not well cared for at all. It had a strong odor, and there were stains on the walls and on the furniture. It is not somewhere I would consider an option for my loved one.

a nice "your right at home" feeling.

I visit this place once or twice a week and I have to say it has a a nice feeling to it it makes you feel like your in your own home. The landscaping is nice the rooms are nice and the residents look happy. The food was fairly good and the staff was attentive. They will give your loved one the care that they deserve.

Stay away

Very depressing, smelled like it had never been cleaned, residents looked the same, just staring at the tv like zombies. Would not put my worst enemy here!! Also, very run down, definitely does not look like on line picture!

I do not recommend the Marietta Living Center.

I would not recommend the Marietta Living Center at all. I had a loved one there for quite awhile and saw many staff employees come and go. I am only allowed a minimum of 200 characters to write this review and my list of issues would exceed that amount. If you select this place for your loved one I would tell you to go there daily and different times unannounced and really observe the "care" your loved one is really getting as well as others. During my loved one's time there, there was not ever a hired Marietta Living Center nurse there supervising the med techs. Caregivers need more training in dealing with residents' behavior with dementia. Whatever negative reviews you read on this website, I would agree with those reviews 100% as they are accurate. I truly believe further action is required for monitoring this place.

Please don't leave your loved one here

Once you get past the cutsy victorian house you realize this place is falling apart After visting my loved one every other day I came to realize this place is extremely short handed. Many times I would walk around looking for someone, anyone that worked there. Meds were found by me on my Mother's bed side table. Clothes would rarely get washed but would constantly disappear. Any special request such as "please don't give my Mother any coffee" are just ignored. No one would change her dirty underwear any many of the residents smelled and would have the same clothes on day after day. And forget about activities. There aren't any. These residents just sit in front of the tv like zombies. I heard a woman next door to my Mom screaming for an hour for a Tylenol. I moved my Mom out as soon as I could but of course was charged penalties and fees for this.

Beautiful Home, Beautiful People

When I first walked into Marietta Living Centre, I noticed how clean it was. I was greeted by several people with smiling faces. It was almost hard to tell who worked there in a good way! Everyone was busy talking and helping others. It just felt good.

Could more engaging and stimulating activities

We liked the director here at Marietta Living Centre. They keep the community very clean and are able to provide a home like atmosphere. The only issue is that they could be more engaging with the residents and provide more stimulating activities for them as well. The food is fine and the landscaping is very nice. The community has a very nice curb appeal. The rooms are very nice and the staff is very attentive. They respond very well when there is a maintenance issue. Overall it is a very good community. I would recommend this community to anyone that could visit frequently and provide sufficient mental stimulation for their loved one.

Nice place and location but typical f...

Nice place and location but typical fee-for-service pricing that is risky on our budget.

Really liked this facility. Staff wa...

Really liked this facility. Staff was friendly and again, residents were well cared for. Also liked the "home-like" atmosphere at this facility. No deposit required, they do respite but is predicated on a room being available at the time care is needed.

looks a little too close to the grave...

looks a little too close to the grave, but could be nice...

Marietta Living Centre is an Assisted Living setting where mature adults will have all needed personal care assistance provided, and will always feel like they are home. The Centre is built around the original 1904 Morris home, and is surrounded by a variety of other historic homes. Vintage architecture and furnishings make it a very unique and charming home for our family of residents. Close to shops, restaurants, churches, banks around Marietta Square and the Cobb Central Library.

Our staff of caregivers are very dedicated to our residents and their main goal is to exceed the care expectations of each resident. The Marietta Living Centre exists solely for the benefit of individuals who need varying levels of assistance in carrying out their activities of daily living. Physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health for each resident is the focus of every staff member. Our rates are inclusive; no added charges for various assistance levels; no Administrative or Admission fee, and no long-term contract.

The Centre’s small capacity allows more individualized care, and enables the staff to closely follow the changing needs of every resident.