Elmcroft of Milford Chase - Marietta, GA

Beautiful place and very friendly people. We liked the pricing options and chose this as the best place to provide any level of care.

another beautiful facility. All of the staff was very friendly. Even met a resident who has only been there for 2 months. He was a joy to talk to. Loved that it was all on 1 level. They too have everything that my mother-in-law would need. The only down side was that the only thing available right now is a two bedroom suite that would require furniture upon move in.

Happy

Elmcroft of Milford Chase is all that could be expected. My mother has dementia so she isn't too active but they provide plenty of activities to participate in. The staff is nice as well and my mother seems to enjoy the food. I would Recommend Elmcroft for other families and their loved ones for sure.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words! We are happy to hear your experiences have been pleasant. We are glad your mom is part of the Elmcroft family.

New residence

My mother in law move in 8 days ago. I found her sitting in urine with little or no help.

My biggest problem is she/we were given very little guidance for being a new residence.

She also developed a new cough in the week and half there and no mention from staff or in house doctor.

I have voice complains. We see what steps are taken to improve the situations.

Megan Strothman

Susan, Elmcroft takes these matters very seriously. Our top priority is making sure our residents receive the proper care. We encourage you to call our Ethics Hotline at [removed] to discuss your concerns.

Don't waste you time

Elmcroft is a beautiful and well maintained facility. If only the staff lived up to the appearance and promises it would be the place all seniors dreamed of.
When we first visited the community we were very impressed. We were told there would be a four minute response time to a signal for assistance, at seven minutes the call would go to the supervisor. The usual wait time was between 15 and 45 minutes.
Housekeeping did a great job, just did not come often enough. At one point the bed was not changed in two weeks and had to ask a family member to do it. Laundry was done for the residents once a week. Clothes came back clean and folded. Only problem not everything was returned.
The people that work their seemed to have no compassion. It was all a matter of getting in and out of your room as quickly as possible. In all fairness they're are severely overworked. The same people that care for the residence also have to serve the meals and clean the dining room so don't expect help after any meal.
In conclusion I would no recommend Elmcroft to anyone as a place for their family member. The caring and compassion is just not to be found with a few exceptions.

Megan Strothman

We are sorry to hear that this has been a negative experience for you. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. We take this mission very seriously and we are saddened to hear your comments. What you described in your review is certainly not indicative of how Elmcroft does business or treats their residents. We are known for our compassionate, friendly, and experienced staff who goes above and beyond for our residents. We are truly sorry you felt differently and therefore would like to apologize. With that said, we do have new management in place and we are more confident than ever that we will continue to enrich the lives of others. Again, I am sorry to hear this has been a difficult experience for you.

Highly recommended!

Everything is going well!Though we are running into some issues with having long term care set up, everything else is going just fine. The facility is all inclusive, so they don't charge extra for anything. My loved one has made a few friends, and the staff are nice. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone!

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we love having your loved one here.

-physical appearance was not as nice as Brookdale but could be acceptable with the right price point.
-concerned about annual % increases that were shared with me
-part of me likes "everything covered" but another part believes why pay for services not yet required.
-disappointed that there was a scheduling issue - makes me concerned about BAU.
-appreance was the staff was small although I was told 1to12.

Friendly Tour

We had a pleasant tour of this community. The experience with well overall. Everyone was friendly, and kind to my family. The community looked nice, and the staff was polite. Everything went well overall, but we did find another community that suited our needs better.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

A great find in West Cobb County

This review is fairly new since my relative has only been a resident for two weeks. However, I have been very satisfied so far. The facility is extremely nice, well organized, and the staff are friendly and caring. One of the most attractive features of the facility is it's all in one pricing. The extra services that they provide, such as bus transportation, outings for the residents, physician services, rehab, hair and nail services, are a tremendous time saver for caregivers.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

Secure facility. Very professional staff. Beautiful suites.

Grandmother's Happy Home

I am very happy with the care that my grandmother is receiving. She is very happy with the food and likes everyone. They have offered her a lot of activities, She does like the being here and has made friends in this community. We like that the community is always clean and well maintained. I highly recommend the care and value for a loved one.

Great Care

This is a great place for excellent care. The food is is excellent. The staff is wonderful and caring. The activies are offered everyone. We would highly recommend to anyone needing good care.

Even the Great Grandchildren selected Elmcroft for their Papaw

Not only was the decision maker impressed with this facility and the care given, the great grandchildren also were pleased. From day one of entering and visiting this facility, we have been pleased. If we had a question, all we had to do was ask. If we weren't sure how we need to proceed on doing something since we were new to the assisted living world, either we asked someone or a quick email to learn how to do what we needed to do. Communication and relationship is important to our family. Elmcroft Milford Chase has proved to be good in both categories. We are so thankful to find this facility.

I would recommend this community!!

My friend is doing well living at this community. They keep the community clean and well maintained. The staff are nice and available. They offer a variety of activities.

I Love The Staff, They Are Taking Good Care Of My Mom

My mother will be moving to the memory care portion of this community soon. My mother so far is doing well. She is being cared for well here. I love the staff, they are taking good care of her and her needs. They offer many activities in the memory unit, which is very impressive.The community looks great, they keep everything well maintained. So far everything is working out well. This is a community I would recommend, it is lovely.

I will start by saying first, my dad did not want to be at Elmcroft. But as the family knew it was best for him to be in a safe home. He liked some of the food, not always the best. Housekeeping took out the trash more than they cared about the cleanliness of the room. Which my dad wasn't able to take care of himself. If you don't do your own laundry they will wash it and bring it back to you in a mess or hang it up in a wad. It seems the right hand never knew what the left hand was doing. We were in process of looking for a new home when my dad suddenly passed away. In the end not really impressed with the facility that I hoped my dad would learn to love and consider home. He never did. I know first hand they do not check on patients every two hours as they claim. Very short staffed for the number of patients they have. If your parents are able to care for themselves 100% it would be hard to put my parents in this home. Most of the staff seemed to care, but there are a more than a few that was there for a pay-check. If you are considering this any facility be ready to stay on top of them and CALL all the time.

The Community Really Embraced Her

This is a very good community and my mother is very happy here. I am pleased with everything they have done for us. The community looks great,it is all one level,and they keep the place very nice and clean. The have really embraced her into the community. She is trying some new activities and there many activities for her to choose from. She is happy with the food and they are caring for her very well. I like the fact the residents get very involved with the residents. I would recommend it.

Review of Elmcroft of Milford Chase - Marietta, GA

This is an older community that appears under new management where several apartments available require renovation. THe apartment sizes are good and they have one and 2 bedroom options. The community contact was very nice and very helpful. The green space was on the small side but very well kept and manicured. The dining room is large and the menu appears to be good

Review of Elmcroft of Milford Chase - Marietta, GA

Really enjoyed the tour nice people. Facility is a bit old but they said they bought the property 3 years ago and are upgrading it. Didn t like the coded locks on the door- felt Mom could feel trapped. We chose another facility for its location

She really likes it.

She really likes it. She was able to set her room up like she likes. She's got her own furniture in, it's like a little bit of home.

Excellent staff

This is a very spacious, clean and beautifully decorated facility. The staff here is excellent and they really care about all of the residents. The activities are at an appropriate level for the residents and they really seem to enjoy them. The food here is wonderful too.

some incidents that they didn't call me about

My mother loves Elmcroft of Milford Chase. She is like a social butterfly. She loves the activities, loves to go places. My dad doesn't have anything that he likes to do. But that is just him. The people there are very very nice. I did have some incidents that they didn't call me about. My father fell in the courtyard and in his room and they never informed me. They called the ambulance and I didn't know about it until 4 hours later when the ER called. I made sure that they would call me first thing if that ever happened again. The next time he fell at 4 am they called me immediately. Mom and dad love the food there. I've gone several times at different hours and the food looks very good. I do wish that they had a facility animal. The facility that they were at before had some facility animals. They do allow people to bring animals in. A lot of seniors love animals and it really seems to help. I would love to see them get a facility animal.

An Executive Director that cares!

We moved from another assisted living facility to Elmcroft of Milford Chase. The facility at Elmcroft is a safer environment, with entry/exit security locks, multiple fire escape exits, larger rooms for residents to move around, and in a quiet neighborhood. It is well maintained.

The executive director has received awards for her past assignments and achievements. She is a "hands-on" director. She is experienced and it really shows. She gets personally involved. As a result, her staff is qualified and genuinely cares for the residents.

The residents have a "panic button" system for calling for assistance --- and someone actually shows up. If the call goes unanswered for a certain period of time the supervisor-on-duty is notified and follows-up on why no one responded. We have always had someone to respond.

We like the way that they price and offer the resident's living packages. It is more realistic to us than the other assisted living facilities that we have reviewed.

They have an on-staff doctor and nurse to evaluate the residents. They actually show up.

We are very pleased with Elmcroft at this time. We have observed executive directors change in the other assisted living facilities and the level of service and demeanor changed remarkably. We hope that this will not be the case with Elmcroft. Guess that speaks loudly for how we feel about the current XD.

Great place

Right off the bat I can tell you that this is a great place. We love the staff. This is a family environment and the care is excellent. We are glad that we chose this facility.

They genuinely care!!

Everyone was extremely helpful! This can be a very stressful and overwhelming experience. I didn't realize there were so many factors involved. I didn't even know where to begin or even what questions to ask. Everyone I talked to was so caring and helpful, they just took charge, jumped in and offered suggestions and solutions and followed up with me to make sure we were getting taken care of . I can't tell you what a relief it was to have someone genuinely care.
Thank you!!
I Highly recommend them !!!!

Very beautiful and clean facility. Amy, Community Relations Director, who gave me the tour, was very professional and informative. The property seems very well managed and I really liked that all rooms had bathrooms with walk-in showers and built in seats. Well organized with a variety of activities and outings.

A Good Place for Seniors

My mother recently moved into a nice studio apartment at Elmcroft of Milford Chase. She's still fairly independent, but needs help with medication and meals. Eating with other residents in a dining room is ideal for her. I looked at eight facilities in the Atlanta area and this was my favorite by far and fortunately the closest to where I live. It almost has a boutique feel- small and intimate with many in-house services: doctors see residents in their room, physical therapy on site, dentist, audiologist, manicurists, hair salon. Also, bus trips for shopping and lunches in local restaurants. A unique feature which I love is the building is a big circle, so in whatever direction you head, you end up back at the place you started- wonderful for seniors who are disoriented. Our overall experience has been very positive. The building and grounds are lovely- peaceful and quiet. The administrators are warm, caring and easy to work with, and the staff is friendly and helpful- almost to a fault. The only issue we've had is to ask for some privacy measures and less supervision- staff entering her room throughout the day with her medication or to check on her with just a quick rap, instead of waiting for her to say, "Come in." She keeps her bathroom door propped open and was walked in on by a staff member (all women) when just emerging from the shower which startled and embarrassed her. Our request to correct this issue was responded to promptly and courteously. And I appreciate more attention than less with a new resident. It is easier to ask for less supervision than to need more. The quality of the food is inconsistent- some meals delicious, some poor and in my opinion too many sweets- desert served after lunch and dinner with ice cream several afternoons a week. We also have asked for additional safety bars to be added to the bathroom which have not yet been installed.
These are minor issues compared with how happy my mother is in her new home and how satisfied we both are that she is in good hands and receiving good care.

Caring Supportive Environment

My 86 year old step mom moved in last month. The staff and managers have been friendly, attentive, supportive and professional. It has been a great choice for our family. My stepmom is in the early stages of Alzheimer's. She feels a good sense of independence while being cared for in the assisted living environment. As her caregiver, having her here has been a big relief

Great option for and independent status person, however, may be challenging for an assisted status. Rooms are lovely and staff is outgoing.

Going fine so far

Everything has gone fine here so far. They're taking good care of my loved one and we have not had any particular issues.

FOOD

One of the biggest complaints I get from my mother-in-law is the FOOD. She is used to country cooking. But it must not be too bad, as she has gained 30 lbs in the last 3 months.
She has no will power, so she eats everything, even though she is diabetic and should not have it all, she eats it any way.

New community

It’s a growing community- so that’s a great thing, but it needs more active residents – or residents that want to stay active. The food is good and the parking fine. The grounds are very pretty. The rooms are nice. I think for us, it’s just the level of activity is not as high as we’d like it to be. We’re working on getting some more things. There aren’t a lot of residents there yet.

Very nice place and staff. ...

Very nice place and staff. It is at the top of our list right now.

Observations from a distance.

Sorry, I'm unable to give first hand information for I am not the occupant. Mrs. Susan Kuykendall moved into EcoCroft at Milford Chase August 27th and she seems to be liking the facility very well. I am merely a neighbor who, along with my late wife, happened to know Mrs. Kuykendall and her late husband since about 1960. I still try to be of any assistance that I'm physically able to handle like being able to take her for groceries, very light shopping and sometimes we have a meal together away from the facility. Mrs. Kuykendall, being new to the facility is of course having to make a drastic change from where she owned her home, drove her auto, and had been independant since 1995. She is likely to get upset quickly, for having to depend on anyone as much as she does now , is taking some getting used to.. Like I say, she seems to like things pretty good and will adjust in a couple of months I'm sure.

Visited 2/2/13 with Mom & Dad. Very ...

Visited 2/2/13 with Mom & Dad. Very nice - 2 bedroom room. Surrounded by woods. Cost includes 1st level of care

Liked the staff but pricing is likely...

Liked the staff but pricing is likely to change, making it less affordable. They will probably go to base room pricing with level of care. A little too far away for our preference, but overall nice facility and residents were well cared for. They do respite care.

All-inclusive fee structure. Unique:...

All-inclusive fee structure. Unique: they hire out all assisted living care to a third party; wheelchair care $300 up-charge.

Elmcroft of Milford Chase is an intimate, senior living community designed to provide optimal comfort, care and privacy. Some features include:

• Private and shared assisted living and memory care apartments
• Charming, home-like community settings
• Common areas for socializing, dining and entertaining
• Easy access for those with limited mobility
• Best Friends® memory care program
• Signature Programming: Vitality Club, Walking Tall, and Second Wind Dreams®

Our carefully selected and trained staff are equipped to assist residents with activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing, and management of medications.

Located in the largest city in Cobb County, Elmcroft of Milford Chase in Marietta provides all of the amenities of a large city with the atmosphere of a quaint southern town. This assisted living facility delivers services to residents with all types of unique needs, ranging from Alzheimer and dementia care, assisted living, independent living, and multilevel retirement facilities. When choosing a senior living facility, consider all that the town of Marietta has to offer.

City Information

With excellent housing opportunities, entertainment possibilities and a friendly atmosphere, Marietta is often considered one of the best places to live in the Atlanta area.

- Walkability Score: Marietta is a rural area with a walkability score of around 35. While some neighborhoods are pedestrian friendly, most errands require the use of a car or public transportation.

- Average Age: The median age in Marietta is around 33.2 years old, which is slightly younger than the state average of 36.4 years.

- A number of senior housing facilities: There are approximately 344 senior living facilities in area code 30008 along with Elmcroft of Milford Chase.

- Average Weather: Marietta has four very distinct seasons. The coldest month is in January when overnight lows are around 31 degrees Fahrenheit. The hottest month is July with daytime highs averaging around 90 with high humidity.

- Veteran's Facilities: For veterans, Marietta is within a few miles of the Department of Veteran's Services and the Marietta Vet Center.

Transportation

Located close to downtown Atlanta, Marietta has a choice of public transportation options to choose from.

- Buses: Marietta is serviced by the Cobb Community Transit Bus Lines (CCT). When traveling to areas outside of Cobb County, the CCT provides transfers to the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, which includes both buses and trains. (MARTA)

- Taxis: There are many taxi companies to choose from in Marietta. To use this service, simply phone ahead and schedule a pickup. Companies include Legends Taxi Cab, Universal Taxi and Cobb County Taxi.

- Ride Share: For those who prefer rideshare, Uber and Lyft are both available.

Health and Safety

Marietta helps seniors in the community stay healthy and live well through advanced medical treatments from some of the top facilities in the area.

- Hospitals: Elmcroft is located just two miles from WellStar Cobb Hospital and eight miles from Northside Hospital.

- Crime Rate: The crime rate in Marietta is slightly higher than the United States average with the biggest threat being property crimes and theft.

Sports and Leisure

Seniors recently relocating to Marietta have many choices of activities to stay in shape.

- Golf Courses: The most popular golf courses in the area are the Fox Creek Golf Course and Driving Range off Windy Hill Road, and the Legacy Links Golf Club and Driving Range.
- Tennis Courts: For those who prefer a game of tennis, the Fair Oaks Tennis Center and the Sweetwater Tennis Center are both within driving distance.
- Senior-friendly Gyms: The WellStar Health Place offers programs for seniors of all fitness levels. Other options in the area include Fitness 19 and Anytime Fitness.

Shopping and Entertainment

Marietta is home to many retail and entertainment establishments some that specialize or offer discounts to senior citizens.

- Clothes Shopping: For shopping, Marietta hosts several large malls and shopping centers including the Town Center at Cobb, the Lenox Square Mall, and the Avenue in West Cobb.

- Grocery Stores: Kroger, Publix and Sprouts Farmer's Market are the major grocery chains in the area. For natural foods, Life Grocery and the Tomato Japanese Grocery reside nearby.

- Restaurants: Marietta offers many types of cuisine to suit all tastes. Top restaurants for seniors include the Sweet Hut Bakery and Café, The Marietta Local and the Marietta Diner.

- Movie Theaters: The NCG Marietta Cinemas, GTC Merchants Walk Cinemas and AMC Barrett Commons show popular and current blockbuster films. Most theaters in the area offer Senior Citizen discounts.

- Libraries: The Cobb County Public Library System branch lies seven miles northeast from Elmcroft.

- Salons: Several salons in the area specialize in senior hair, including the Bass Hair Salon, the Julienne Salon and the Three-13 Salon, Spa and Boutique.

- Attractions: From museums to state parks, Marietta hosts many attractions for seniors to occupy their time. Popular museums include the Gone With the Wind Museum and the Marietta Museum of History. There's also a selection of antique markets and vineyards to explore.

Religious Facilities

Marietta is a diverse area with individuals practicing many different religions. Seniors can find a selection of churches to cater to specific beliefs.

Churches: Top churches in Marietta by popularity include the North Metro Church, Piedmont Church, West Cobb Church and Passion City Church.