We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Nurse on Call
Life is good at The Heritage of Marietta One look at the beautifully landscaped gardens, spacious apartments and elegant décor and you’ll know this is a great place to call home. Lounge by the fire, read your favorite novel in the library, indulge yourself with an ice cream treat from Stone Mountain’s ice cream parlor. Take a leisurely stroll through our breathtaking courtyards or set in the gazebo and enjoy watching the butterflies flutter among the colorful flowers. You can create your own lifestyle.
The neighborhood is quiet. The family-oriented atmosphere is warm. The ambience embraces the uniqueness of the local culture of Marietta, Georgia. Rich with history, you can visit Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, Marietta National and Confederate Cemetery or relive memories at the Gone With the Wind Museum. Wellstar Kennestone Hospital, Macland Pointe Shopping Center, a variety of museums and parks are right outside your door. Marietta hosts the annual Cobb County Senior Games. From checkers to tennis, the Senior Games has an event for you. With easy freeway access, everything Marietta has to offer is just minutes away.
From assisted living to memory care, you’ll find a comfortable retirement lifestyle that fits your specific personal needs. We offer a Respite Program which provides the caregiver or family an opportunity for a break. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed at Stone Mountain Estates. You truly can have it all!
A suburb of northeast Atlanta, Marietta, Georgia has a population of 58,436 and a moderately warm climate. This Cobb County town is home to Brookdale Marietta, which is southwest of the town center. Residents here will need a car for most daily errands, as the city has moderate local public transportation and is not very walk friendly outside of its neighborhoods. There is plenty of small town charm here, though the size of Marietta is bigger than a humble strip of storefronts.
- Walkability : Walkscore.com gives Marietta an average walk score of 35. Living in this city requires a car for most tasks.
- Median Age : Marietta is a relatively young city. The average age of its residents is 32.9, which is well below the national average of 37.4.
- # of Senior Living Facilities in the Area : There are many options for seniors in Marietta, as there are 23 assisted living facilities within the city for seniors and their families to choose.
- Weather Averages : Brookdale Marietta is located in a warmer than average climate. The warmest month of the year is August with an average temperature of 81 degrees Fahrenheit. The coldest month of the year is January with an average temperature of 45 degrees Fahrenheit. The average yearly rainfall for Marietta is 51 inches, with July seeing the most precipitation at 7.9 inches on average.
- Veterans Facilities in the Area : The Marietta Vet Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Additional hours are available upon request. The Georgia Department of Veterans Services is available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4:30 pm.
Marietta offers moderate public transit services, managed by Cobb County Transit and connecting to the larger Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) that serves the entire metro Atlanta area.
- Buses : Cobb County Transit, or CobbLinc, services Marietta but does not offer bus service on Sundays. Most routes run up until shortly after midnight and begin at 5 am. Seniors and disabled passengers can ride buses for a modest $1 fare, though they will have to have a separate BREEZE card from the MARTA system to transfer to the rail or to MARTA buses. Transfers automatically load on the BREEZE card and is valid only for three hours from start of trip in same direction you are traveling.
- Trains : The bus system in Marietta connects to the MARTA rail and downtown for travel to Atlanta or other metro areas. The closest MARTA station is at Dunwoody, but residents can take the Cobb Transit bus into downtown at the Marietta or the Cumberland Transit Centers. There is no additional fee for a transfer at a MARTA station, whether you are getting on a bus or a train.
- Taxis : Cobb County Taxi, Universal Taxi, Legends Taxi Cab Co., and Victory Cab of Marietta
- Ride Shares : Residents can arrange ride shares through online sites Georgia RideShare and RideGuru. Downloading the vride app onto your smartphone also gives some carpooling or vanpooling options. Uber and Lyft offer affordable service for seniors who download each company's app.
Health and Safety
The doctor-to-patient ratio for Cobb County is 1 to 69, so wait times for appointments and emergencies is modest. Medicare reimbursements for seniors in Cobb County was $9,305 in 2014, which is $283 less than the national average. Heart disease and pneumonia are the most frequent health issues among Medicare patients.
- Hospitals in the Area : Wellstar Cobb Hospital is the closest to Brookdale Marietta, although it is technically located in Austell, Georgia. Others include WellStar Kennestone, WellStar Windy Hill Hospital, and Northside Cherokee Hospital.
- Crime Rate : AreaVibes gives Marietta a D- on crime in the small city. With 2,515 reported incidents, the crime rate is almost double that of the national average.
Sports and Leisure
The city is home to Marietta Indoor Sports, which offers indoor lacrosse, soccer and baseball facilities for patrons.
- Golf Courses : Dogwood Golf Club, City Club Marietta, and Fox Creek Golf Course and Driving Range
- Tennis Clubs/Courts : Fair Oaks Tennis Center, Sweetwater Tennis Center, and Laurel Park Tennis Center
- Gyms : Fitness centers are abundant in Marietta, including Orangetheory Fitness, which is next door, Pure Energy Fitness, Vida Natural Fitness and Dance Studio, and Gold's Gym. WellStar Health Place also offers personalized training for seniors.
Shopping and Entertainment
Cozy Historic Marietta Square offers plenty for curious shoppers, including antique stores, wine shops, thrift stores, art galleries, and novelty shops with coins, rubber stamps, and sports memorabilia.
- Shopping : Marietta malls and shopping centers closest to the Brookdale Marietta facility include Battle Ridge Pavillion, Horsebend Plaza Shopping Center, and Bellemeade Shopping Center, Cumberland Mall and Cobb Galleria Centre.
- Grocery Stores : Publix and Kroger
- Restaurants : The shopping center adjacent to Brookdale Marietta has a Dragon 168 Chinese Restaurant, M&J Home Cooking, and Wet My Whistle. Other restaurants include the 719 Grill, House of Lu III, Wendy's, Chick-fil-A, Domino's, and Starbucks.
- Senior-friendly Salons : Helen's Hair Salon, Raxored Barber Shop, Good Look Barber Shop
- Movie Theaters : NCG Marietta Cinemas, which offers free snack refills, and Regal Cinemas 22 in nearby Austell
- Libraries : Stratton Branch Library is the closest library to Brookdale Marietta.
The diversity of the religious community in Marietta is attractive for seniors, offering them an opportunity to connect with a local support system and people who have their similar interests outside of the Brookdale Marietta facility.
About 55.3 percent of Marietta's residents consider themselves to be religious. Of those who claim a religion, 15.8 percent are Baptist, 11.6 percent are Catholic, 9.4 percent are Methodist, 4.3 percent are Pentecostal, and 1.9 percent are Presbyterian. Another 8.8 percent are other Christian denominations.
Percentages for other religions: Latter Day Saints and Episcopalian are less than 1 percent each, Jewish is .6 percent, Islamic is .8 percent and other Eastern religions is .7 percent.
- Faith and Worship Centers : Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Big Bethel Church, Life Changers Christian Church, and Cobb Street Ministries