The Heritage of Marietta - Marietta, GA

Although I did not like the property and the rooms were extremely tight, [name removed] is a jewel! She's called and offered additional suggestions to me and is so kind. She stayed late after her shift ended to walk me through when I visited last month.

Don't allow your loved ones here for a minute!

I think the staff might have submitted the other reviews for self preservation reasons. this place is horrible. there are no activities for the dementia/Alzheimer patients. there is limited care for these patients. they are kept in a locked section with only activity is to be stuck in front of a television set. the rooms smell because no one cleans. the staff are busy on their cell phones. the patient belongings come up missing. they don't honor the special prices when you sign the paperwork so wait for the surprise in the mail. medication? not sure if that is possible when there is so much anxiety seen in the patients. Do not put your loved ones here if they need the assistance!!! They only care about the money.

[name removed] was a fantastic tour guide! Everyone we met on our Brookdale tour was professional and friendly. The facility is in need of some upgrades, which we understand are scheduled. The Memory Care facility was clean and bright in appearance, but there was a slight odor which was a little off-putting. Otherwise the place appears to be a lovely Assisted Living facility.

Everyone that I met was very nice, added more information. The facilities were clean and comfortable looking and they offered everything that my mother-in-law might need The one offer that puts this to the top....they have a suite for her to use for 30 day as soon as we arrive with her in Georgia.

Lovely Tour

This is a lovely facility, and my tour of it went well overall.

Very Satisfied with this Community

I couldn't be happier with my decision to move my mother to this community. She is doing very well, and she seems to like it. I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. Everyone has been very welcoming, and accepting of my mother. The staff is amazing, they are friendly, and have been helpful when needed. She has gotten involved with the activities they have available. She is safe, and in good hands in this community.

Amazing! We fell in love with this place. [Removed] gave us a tour. She was so attentive. The staff all had smiles and seemed to be genuinely happy to be working at Brookdale. The residents were happy and seemed to be receiving wonderful care an attention. As much as I know I should, I really do not see the need to visit any other places.

I really like this place but the 500 additional costs just to check my mother's blood sugar is over the top.

We had A Nice Tour of This Community

We toured this community for my mother in law, and her needs. Our tour went well, and everyone was very kind. The staff was kind, and informative. Our questions were answered. It was a good experience was a good one, but we didn't feel this was the right for my mother in law.

Amazing Staff!!

I am so pleased with how things are going so far at this community for my mother. She has improved so much since we made the move for her into the memory care unit. They have her on a great routine with lots of activities and helping out with different things throughout the facility to keep her busy. She really loves everyone and has truly made a great transition and I could not be happier.

Very happy with Brookdale. The staff is wonderful and they take great care of my mom!

Not a good fit!

The staff here was very nice and very helpful. They showed us around and the place was really nice. The layput was a little much and we did not think that it would fit my dad. They also did not specialize in memory care even though they have a department. Just not the right place.

My Visit To The Community

The staff I met at this community were nice and knowledgeable. The rooms at this community seemed smaller. The price was comparable to the community we chose. This community seemed clean.

Although we will not be using Brookdale Marietta I found everyone there to be extremely helpful and caring. I was very happy to have the opportunity to be able to place my mother at this facility.

A better place!

As a whole we really like the place. However, mom is not adjusting very well to being here. She has started getting involved with singing and the music. She just would like to be home. I like that mom has 2 big windows in her room and they let us paint the room the color mom wanted. They have been very accommodating with us. Mom likes her therapy that they provide.

Helpful Staff !!

The tour my loved one and I took of this community was delightful, the staff where very kind and made sure to answer any questions we might have had for them. The building was kept very clean and they had a wide range of bedroom packages to choose from. The location was just too far for my family.

Good Experience

My friend had a pleasant experience here at this community. It is a nice place, and everything went well. He was in good hands, and we were pleased.

Over The Top Staff!!

I loved the staff they are so wonderful. The care is good but we had an incident that wasn't noticed right away. Housekeeping kept her room clean and maintained. The community is very clean and has no smell. My only concern is there are lots of residents matching the ratio of staff.

It seems to be pretty good.

It seems to be pretty good. The only issue we have had, is getting on the same page when it comes to billing and paperwork. They are clean, and the staff is friendly, and attentive. I really don't have any complaints other than the billing difficulty.

Brookdale Marietta really fit our needs

Nea Latif was incredible. She made herself available to me 24/7 and was always quick to respond to my endless questions. The entire staff understood our particular situation and made it as seamless a transition as one could expect.

Unsatisfied

My father was in Emeritus at Spring Mountain for over a year. He fell several times and was not taken care of appropriately. He is a diabetic and was given insulin when his blood sugar was too low. He was not eating and lost 25lbs. due to the unappetizing food and small portions.
After he was hospitalized and transferred to rehab, he was not accepted back on the last day of his rehab. This put the family in a difficult position trying to find another assisted living in one day. Shortly after, his things were removed from the facility on 4/10/14. We had already paid a full months charges and we have not seen reimbursement for the rest of the month. Every time I call, I am told that they will look into it. I am going to have to complain to the Better Business Bureau and try to contact the corporate office to get some resolution.

Happy Residents

Overall it was a four. It was a little bigger – two stories – I preferred, at least in my mom’s case, I prefer everything be on one level. I was there for one activity and the leader was very interactive with the residents. All the residents looked very happy.

Feels like Family

This is a literally a family – you just feel like you are being enveloped by family members not staff. I’ve never seen anyone unhappy be it residents or staff – everyone is always smiling and willing to help. What I’ve seen of the food – it looks delicious.

I like it. It’s nice and clean

I like it. It’s I like it. It’s nice and cleanaken of. I don’t really agree with the food program. My parents feel like… like it’s always noodles. There’s no bread – you have to ask for it. They have a nice courtyard for residents. They have outtings.

This is Dads new home! Char...

This is Dads new home! Charming lovely and warm. Kandi and the staff are heaven sent. The moment I walked in I felt at home and smiled like a child on Christmas morn.

Nice place on the outside a...

Nice place on the outside and rooms aren't bad. The staff is another issue. Very slow and un-consistant on medication and diabetic testing. They are not provide level of care that we are paying for. She's only been there 5 weeks, and it is going down hill.

They are very unorganized, but when I first went to look at it, I didn't see it. It seems like they will agree with everything you say, then turn around behind your back. They showed us one room but then switched it with another room and the carpets weren't cleaned like they were supposed to be. The room they showed us had a kitchenette the one they put us in did not. The showers were different too, the one they showed us you could wheel a chair right in and the one we got has a lip you have to step over. They told us that we needed a certain level of care for assistance, and told us that covered certain things that it actually didn't cover, so then we had to up the level of care. They don't bathe her as often as they are supposed to. They don't do the laundry when they say they will. The CNA's medication records are so sloppy that certain things are not even being logged correctly, and they don't always bring it on time. You can only use one home health care company at the same time unless one doesn't offer the thing that is needed. The price seems awfully high for what you get. They do have a good amount of activities going on. The food is a little bland but it tastes okay.

The representative did not ...

The representative did not show up for a 1 pm appointmemt after she insisted I visit. The memory care unit smelled like urine.

We feel in love with the pr...

We feel in love with the property and staff, especially Kandie Black. Exceptional service and attention. Selected because of care they will receive, staff, cleanliness, and location.

Great job

I had a great experience interviewing Emeritus. They were very helpful and went the extra mile to help me place my mom. Thank you so much. I really appreciate you all. God bless

I like the place a lot, but...

I like the place a lot, but my dad wife wants to be on the first floor and nothing was avaiable for her.

Friendly, straightforward, excellent

My dad was pretty happy there, they're very caring, they listened to what we needed to do. He ended up being at the upper level of care that they provided, I was really happy with the care, they were always friendly, they're very good people. We actually got a pretty decent deal; dad was a little limited on his funds and they gave him a companion/dual space and they gave him a real good deal with that, plus when we came in we had already lined up a different assisted living but they decided dad was too high of care so we were scrambling when we found Emeritus. When dad was in the hospital they came to visit him and sent him get well cards. They were even going to help us transition to a rehab and help us out with that. Overall they just did an excellent job.

They have a mental care facility

We chose the Emeritus at Spring Mountain because they offer assisted living and also have a mental health facility for dementia and alzheimer's. It is nice to know that my loved one will not have to move to a new facility if they are ever diagnosed with dementia or alzheimer's. There was also a great all-inclusive offer that helped us decide on the Emeritus. (I did not feel comfortable rating their Care Services at this time.)

Great staff, enjoyed the size and set...

Great staff, enjoyed the size and set up of accommodations.

Visited 2/2/13 with mom & dad. Wonde...

Visited 2/2/13 with mom & dad. Wonderful atmosphere. Felt very active. Very small rooms. Only (2)1 bedrooms in whole place. One will be opening very soon. Cannot see mom & dad in a studio here. Publix literally next door - a bonus and minus. Ugly to look out the window but very convenient.

Really liked the coziness of the faci...

Really liked the coziness of the facility and the rooms. Nice staff as well.

Nice community. Larger rooms. Not ded...

Nice community. Larger rooms. Not dedicated to memory care only. Saw Ambur.

Excellent facility & services. Staff ...

Excellent facility & services. Staff very helpful.very close to house.

Director was very helpful. The facil...

Director was very helpful. The facility seemed very clean, and the staff friendly.

Life is good at The Heritage of Marietta One look at the beautifully landscaped gardens, spacious apartments and elegant décor and you’ll know this is a great place to call home. Lounge by the fire, read your favorite novel in the library, indulge yourself with an ice cream treat from Stone Mountain’s ice cream parlor. Take a leisurely stroll through our breathtaking courtyards or set in the gazebo and enjoy watching the butterflies flutter among the colorful flowers. You can create your own lifestyle.

The neighborhood is quiet. The family-oriented atmosphere is warm. The ambience embraces the uniqueness of the local culture of Marietta, Georgia. Rich with history, you can visit Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, Marietta National and Confederate Cemetery or relive memories at the Gone With the Wind Museum. Wellstar Kennestone Hospital, Macland Pointe Shopping Center, a variety of museums and parks are right outside your door. Marietta hosts the annual Cobb County Senior Games. From checkers to tennis, the Senior Games has an event for you. With easy freeway access, everything Marietta has to offer is just minutes away.

From assisted living to memory care, you’ll find a comfortable retirement lifestyle that fits your specific personal needs. We offer a Respite Program which provides the caregiver or family an opportunity for a break. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed at Stone Mountain Estates. You truly can have it all!

City Info

A suburb of northeast Atlanta, Marietta, Georgia has a population of 58,436 and a moderately warm climate. This Cobb County town is home to Brookdale Marietta, which is southwest of the town center. Residents here will need a car for most daily errands, as the city has moderate local public transportation and is not very walk friendly outside of its neighborhoods. There is plenty of small town charm here, though the size of Marietta is bigger than a humble strip of storefronts.

- Walkability : Walkscore.com gives Marietta an average walk score of 35. Living in this city requires a car for most tasks.
- Median Age : Marietta is a relatively young city. The average age of its residents is 32.9, which is well below the national average of 37.4.
- # of Senior Living Facilities in the Area : There are many options for seniors in Marietta, as there are 23 assisted living facilities within the city for seniors and their families to choose.
- Weather Averages : Brookdale Marietta is located in a warmer than average climate. The warmest month of the year is August with an average temperature of 81 degrees Fahrenheit. The coldest month of the year is January with an average temperature of 45 degrees Fahrenheit. The average yearly rainfall for Marietta is 51 inches, with July seeing the most precipitation at 7.9 inches on average.
- Veterans Facilities in the Area : The Marietta Vet Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Additional hours are available upon request. The Georgia Department of Veterans Services is available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4:30 pm.

Transportation

Marietta offers moderate public transit services, managed by Cobb County Transit and connecting to the larger Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) that serves the entire metro Atlanta area.

- Buses : Cobb County Transit, or CobbLinc, services Marietta but does not offer bus service on Sundays. Most routes run up until shortly after midnight and begin at 5 am. Seniors and disabled passengers can ride buses for a modest $1 fare, though they will have to have a separate BREEZE card from the MARTA system to transfer to the rail or to MARTA buses. Transfers automatically load on the BREEZE card and is valid only for three hours from start of trip in same direction you are traveling.
- Trains : The bus system in Marietta connects to the MARTA rail and downtown for travel to Atlanta or other metro areas. The closest MARTA station is at Dunwoody, but residents can take the Cobb Transit bus into downtown at the Marietta or the Cumberland Transit Centers. There is no additional fee for a transfer at a MARTA station, whether you are getting on a bus or a train.
- Taxis : Cobb County Taxi, Universal Taxi, Legends Taxi Cab Co., and Victory Cab of Marietta
- Ride Shares : Residents can arrange ride shares through online sites Georgia RideShare and RideGuru. Downloading the vride app onto your smartphone also gives some carpooling or vanpooling options. Uber and Lyft offer affordable service for seniors who download each company's app.

Health and Safety

The doctor-to-patient ratio for Cobb County is 1 to 69, so wait times for appointments and emergencies is modest. Medicare reimbursements for seniors in Cobb County was $9,305 in 2014, which is $283 less than the national average. Heart disease and pneumonia are the most frequent health issues among Medicare patients.

- Hospitals in the Area : Wellstar Cobb Hospital is the closest to Brookdale Marietta, although it is technically located in Austell, Georgia. Others include WellStar Kennestone, WellStar Windy Hill Hospital, and Northside Cherokee Hospital.
- Crime Rate : AreaVibes gives Marietta a D- on crime in the small city. With 2,515 reported incidents, the crime rate is almost double that of the national average.

Sports and Leisure

The city is home to Marietta Indoor Sports, which offers indoor lacrosse, soccer and baseball facilities for patrons.

- Golf Courses : Dogwood Golf Club, City Club Marietta, and Fox Creek Golf Course and Driving Range
- Tennis Clubs/Courts : Fair Oaks Tennis Center, Sweetwater Tennis Center, and Laurel Park Tennis Center
- Gyms : Fitness centers are abundant in Marietta, including Orangetheory Fitness, which is next door, Pure Energy Fitness, Vida Natural Fitness and Dance Studio, and Gold's Gym. WellStar Health Place also offers personalized training for seniors.

Shopping and Entertainment

Cozy Historic Marietta Square offers plenty for curious shoppers, including antique stores, wine shops, thrift stores, art galleries, and novelty shops with coins, rubber stamps, and sports memorabilia.

- Shopping : Marietta malls and shopping centers closest to the Brookdale Marietta facility include Battle Ridge Pavillion, Horsebend Plaza Shopping Center, and Bellemeade Shopping Center, Cumberland Mall and Cobb Galleria Centre.
- Grocery Stores : Publix and Kroger
- Restaurants : The shopping center adjacent to Brookdale Marietta has a Dragon 168 Chinese Restaurant, M&J Home Cooking, and Wet My Whistle. Other restaurants include the 719 Grill, House of Lu III, Wendy's, Chick-fil-A, Domino's, and Starbucks.
- Senior-friendly Salons : Helen's Hair Salon, Raxored Barber Shop, Good Look Barber Shop
- Movie Theaters : NCG Marietta Cinemas, which offers free snack refills, and Regal Cinemas 22 in nearby Austell
- Libraries : Stratton Branch Library is the closest library to Brookdale Marietta.

Religious Facilities

The diversity of the religious community in Marietta is attractive for seniors, offering them an opportunity to connect with a local support system and people who have their similar interests outside of the Brookdale Marietta facility.

About 55.3 percent of Marietta's residents consider themselves to be religious. Of those who claim a religion, 15.8 percent are Baptist, 11.6 percent are Catholic, 9.4 percent are Methodist, 4.3 percent are Pentecostal, and 1.9 percent are Presbyterian. Another 8.8 percent are other Christian denominations.

Percentages for other religions: Latter Day Saints and Episcopalian are less than 1 percent each, Jewish is .6 percent, Islamic is .8 percent and other Eastern religions is .7 percent.

- Faith and Worship Centers : Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Big Bethel Church, Life Changers Christian Church, and Cobb Street Ministries