Woodland Ridge Assisted Living - Smyrna, GA

Mom is Well Here

I'am comfortable with my mothers move to this community. She is doing well, and everything is going good. I know she is safe, and in good hands in this community. Overall it is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for us.

5 stars all the way!

My mother is doing very well at the Woodland Ridge. They are taking very good care of her. The meals are great and the place is very clean. I would defiantly recommend them to anyone looking into this option.

Dana Herron

Thanks for allowing us to be part of your family! We are honored to be able to care for your mom.

Daughter of resident

I investigated several facilities as we neared the end of Skilled Nursing, met most with great angst about the fit for my mother, and then found Woodland Ridge (WR). They made my ulcer go away. I was very comfortable with the introduction and information I received, the caregivers I met, and the environment for my mother. The WR team that went to the Skilled Nursing facility to evaluate Mom also received rave reviews for their thoroughness, warmth, and professionalism from my mother’s nurses there. (Some others did not.) Now that “we” have been at WR for a while, I can honestly say it is where I would choose to be for me if I were in the same situation as my mother. The staff is excellent in terms of their abilities, attention to needs, active care, understanding of residents, and communication with family. They seem very cohesive. I have not seen turnover, and most have been there for quite a long time. They have levels of care, and so can meet changing needs of most residents. Overall, they seem to run a tight ship (which I appreciate) with warmth and a supportive community spirit. My father and I have developed a strong communicative relationship with the caregivers there, so we feel well-connected with all aspects of my mother's needs. No, it’s not “home” and not the path we had planned. This is hard on all of us. But, WR has helped us manage this as well as we can, and we sleep well at night because we have complete confidence that my mother is cared for and supported when we are not there.

Dana Herron

Thank you for your confidence in our staff. We appreciate the privilege of caring for your mom.

Woodland Ridge Review

My wife is a resident in Assisted Living at Woodland Ridge and I am very pleased with this facility. I visit Woodland Ridge almost every day to visit my wife who has dementia.
Staff members are always cheerful and encouraging to all of the residents as far as I can see and I am there almost every day. The staff is always helpful when I express a need or for information. They also keep a close eye on the medical needs of each resident. The staff has very little turnover, none that I have seen since my family has been involved. Also I have detected NO conflicts between staff members.
Woodland Ridge has various activities from late morning through the afternoon that they encourage the residents to attend dependent on their individual interest. These activities range from music, music by visiting musicians coordinated by the Activities Director who also coordinated visits by visiting spiricial personnel of various faiths,visits by therapy animals, to outside Bar B Q's and festivals when the weather allows. They have seasonal celebration parties for the residents and their families. In addition, they have scenic and mall trips for all those that can and want to go coordinated and supervised by the Activities Director.
My daughter and I visited several facilities before picking this one. I can honestly say that this is where I would choose for me if I had the option and ability to make that choice.

Dana Herron

We are honored to care for your family. Thank you for giving us this opportunity.

Excellent Facility

I'm a volunteer for Homestead Hospice and visit this facility frequently. I have no allegiance and am unbiased when I tell you this is a facility I would have my family member staying at, if the need occurs. It's very professional, does not have much staff turnover, and the patients as a whole are happy and well taken care of from eating to just overall comfort. They do their best to entertain the patients too, from music to letting therapy animals visit from time to time.

Dana Herron

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and honest review of our community. We love our residents and our volunteers!

Nice place and location but typical f...

Nice place and location but typical fee-for-service pricing that is risky on our budget.

Too far from my home. May consider i...

Too far from my home. May consider if facilities closer to home are not available or acceptable.

Tucked away in a wooded setting in the heart of Smyrna, Woodland Ridge is one of the area's best kept secrets -- but the secret is too good not to share! Woodland Ridge offers all the comforts of home--and many benefits you wouldn't find at home--for those who may need care or assistance.

We are dedicated to providing cutting-edge technology and old-fashioned compassionate care that allow our residents to age gracefully in place. Our Friends for Life approach to care means that we treat our residents as our best friends and get to know their unique stories so we can better understand how to connect with each person we serve. A tenured, caring staff coupled with cutting-edge technology such as the SimpleC programming allow Woodland Ridge to provide the best in community living and care.

If you need respite care while family caregivers take a break or after a hospital or rehab stay, we can help you find a solution. If you need minimal care in an assisted living setting or specialized and dignified dementia care, we can help you find a solution that gives you peace of mind.

When you or your loved ones need help, it can be overwhelming. You're not alone. Let us show you our community and help you discover options for care. We'll be happy to welcome you home to Woodland Ridge!